It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the uprisings be the "end of an age" the Mayan calendar was referring to?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Reading about the numerous uprisings all around the world - it made me think that maybe the 22 Dec 2012 date and the "end of an age" is actually going to be the fact that over the next year these things are going to escalate, and become more effective until ultimately the current broken system comes to an end.
Bankers and politicians are reined in or kicked out, the mass injustice of all the wealth being in the elites hands is resolved.

Below are some links to just a few protests - needless to say there have been hundreds this year, from the middle east, to greece, spain, UK, USA - so many people are waking up to the system being corrupt beyond repair. I don't think this is just going to go away - it will just grow and grow.

Map of Protests worldwide

Arab Spring Timeline

Spanish Protests

Occupy Wall Street

**Not sure if this is the correct forum at all - its part social issues, but related to the 2012 calendar idea** Also - I am not going to get into the whole is the the right/wrong date here - just assuming this is the correct one for the purpose of this thread
edit on 8-10-2011 by facchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This thread is already proof that the awakening is taking place.
You're not alone my friend, everything is proceeding as planned.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The calender never predicted the end of the world, it just said there would be a great change. These protests are most certainly proof that a great change is coming, hopefully it will be for the better.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

gods i hope it is the start of a new age where we start to think for ourselves instead of being led about by the nose.
it would be about time that we do as the whole of "civilized" history is replete with a very few others telling us, the majority, what to think, do, and practice...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I wonder this alot too - There is so many people waking up, every day. People I know who would never have thought before, now wonder and ask questions.
More and more people are aware of the corrupt media, governments, police, bankers .. its our job to spread the word more every day, informing more and more people. Until every one knows whats going on.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well i hope so because I have been reading all this survival stuff on ats and it would so wasteful for me not to use all this knowledge. haha

Actually, if you look throughout history every age of people has always thought they were on the verge of the apocalypse.
It's really interesting when you look into it, I wonder if it's an evolutionary tool or more likely societal devellopement.

Either way it seem that it is there to satisfy peoples need to be important, like they were the ones that were there when it went down (even though it would be horrible).

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Hi - I wasn't referring to an apocalyptic outcome - just real change to the corrupt system we currently have.
Thanks for all your comments also.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I have thought about this aspect of history. I think that people believing that they would see change is related in part to how many of the population are dissatisfied with the way their respective lives are lived. The actual change comes about when the masses are united in the will to change society and have the education to direct the change.

Tptb at the time either reduce the numbers of the educated masses or implement a placatory system which will, in time revert back to their desired system. Yes the potential is there for this to be that moment in history but only if the masses can agree on what they want and will not be placated with half measures.

It is more important than ever to ensure that the right message is going around. Peace, fairness and so on. Using the Venus Project or Thrive (when released) to get people to visualise a fair society is a tool which may be effective in waking some people up. I would love to just sit back and let what must happen occur naturally, however the potential is also there for this time to become another footnote in history when we all thought the 'world/system would end but nothing much got any better. I have children and can not bear that thought.

Change is now because we decide it. Change is you and me, within ourselves and the whole collective consciousness articulating what we are all feeling, identifying the cause of the problems and spreading awareness by word and example.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I've heard about this "new age coming"
Apparently it was the start of the "Mayan Golden Age"

But since my ancestors are somewhat long gone, this might be nothing now

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Your thinking of the bible, Wait oh no we cant pay attention to that because that means there is a God,

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
These protests are most certainly the beginning of a new age. I have not seen anything like the wave of protests that has occured this year. Tel aviv most notably, now wallstreet in good going also.

Much has time to happen before the 2012 date prophecised. Lets hope that date is an end to the protests and they have got their demands heard by then

edit on 8-10-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The uprising I would like to think, is just part of the beginning of the end of an old age and the start of a new golden age, the age of Aquarius.

A Great Change, as foreseen and told is coming folks, there are just too many things happening at once. If one cannot see these events as they are unfolding than at best, they are in denial.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Were not even done yet with 2011, yet alone 2012

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Nothing going to change that fast. I believe the evolution of humanity goes a little further after decades. I have been reading all these stuff and channelings waiting for something. But is this true?
If I do not read a FACT I will not believe anything anymore.

I think I have the depression of awaking. Really ask yourselves are all the humanity ready to make the leap???Not really. I see people everyday going to work without questioning anything else or why they are doing this.

edit on 8-10-2011 by kapodistrias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Mass hysteria.Two words. Defining it as such does not make it any less dangerous though. I survived Y2K.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I survived Y2K.

Why do people keep bringing this up? It has nothing to do with anything. It was a man made computer glitsch - a technical affair that they thought would lead to systems going haywire.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
No. There's not any correlation.

PLUS-- the Mayans failed to predict the droughts that shattered their civilization and the invaders that destroyed their empire. Their prediction accuracy rate for major events seems to be 0-2, Check the pinned thread at the top for more information on when this "end of the world" prediction shows up and how often it shows up.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Just wondering what "pinned" thread you are referring to for me to look at?

Also - I am not claiming anything apocalyptic in nature just that if the calendar shows the end of an age, is this what it is all building towards.
The fact that these protests/uprisings are happening is undeniable - and it intrigued me that timeline wise it could all reach a crescendo around that sort of time.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by notalemming

This is a very selfish human assumption. If there is a beginning to a new age, one would hope it would in-tale more than just humans becoming free of corruption in government. Hopefully we'd wise up and treat other species with the respect they deserve instead of playing god and determining how many of a specific species can live when we have idiots like the octomom. If 2012 brought a realization to mankind that it's not the most import species on this planet I'd be excited. Till then I hope that sooner than later mankind will be wiped from the face of the planet cause we've surely proven that we don't deserve to be here.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

The one at the top of the 2012 section that has a lot of information on 2012 doomsday stuff. It's rather enjoyable to read. I haven't read the entirety of it yet, but even the doom and gloomers need to take a crack at it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join