It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your philosophy and why do you believe what you believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
1) If you had to make up a name for your philosophy, what would that name be?

2) What is your philosophy (how should a person be)?

3) What inspired you to come to such a conclusion?

4) Are there any spiritual beliefs in this philosophy such as God, spirits? If so explain. and why do you believe?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well, I'd say it's something between hedonism and karma. Live every day as if it were your last and do good things and good things will happen to you. Life 's a little short for having too much sorrows and if you have a positive attitude I feel you get it back from other people...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What's my philosphy?... why thank you for asking. It would be the "Cowboy" philosphy.

To be honest, hardworking, never hit a woman, always be generous to a little child, to be fair and open minded with all people, to treat others as you expect to be treated, to be true to your word... live by the sword and die by the sword, to love God, mom, home, and my country and it's ideals.

To love the land and the Earth and it's animals and realize just how small we really are in the vast workings of nature, to help and share with the down trodden and the needy, to always back your kin and friends, to love your God but also show respect for what others believe, never to judge people quickly... even those that don't look or don't act or don't agree with you.

Always know that there is somebody somewhere bigger and better than you. Be a gracious loser and humble winner. To know that money and status and prestige is not everything... but holding the ones you love is everything. Being happy is the surest sign of success, not a title... and that one day, we all will die and the life we lived and the ones we touched is all we will leave behind.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well my personal philosophy on life and after life is a little complicated.. or not so much I guess.

Live Honorably. And in the after life, instead of going to heaven or whatever,
those with Honor will protect the Universe from any of those Gods or whatever that would destroy or attack this universe.
Because of string theory it is theorised that there are multiple universes,
so what is stopping something of someone from another universe from crossing over if they can figure out how.

I figure if I have to believe in something, might as well amke it something I would want.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
1. Life!

2. I believe we are just biological machines with no "soul" or anything fancy. Just a set of senses working together to create a seamless reality. I also don't believe in things like morals. I do have to follow laws and I do follow our societies morals but, only because, If this life is all there is until I die, I might as well play the part and have some fun. We are all just animals and we will return to that non existent state like before we were born.

What I truly believe in is: Individuality, Creativity and never taking ANYTHING too seriously.

Its fun to just sit back and watch insane people living their lives as if what they are doing in the moment truly matters to anyone else.

3. It just makes sense to me based on the scientific facts of what makes us human. I really would love there to be a spirit which lives on but it just doesn't fit in with the way reality works.

4. No gods. Gods are what people create because they are afraid of death. I don't think most people can handle the fact that we just die so they try to give life meaning and make up fantasies about heavens and hells.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Thank you blackoctober, your answer was the clearest. I would like for people to tell me what is their philosophy, why they believe it and how they came to that conclusion....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i try not to have a philosophy any more..i am what i am
people think about stuff to much and end up missing the key points

if i had to have a philosophy it would be:
your either a giant douche or a turd sandwhich

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is not my philosophy, but it so closely matched part of how I live and feel that I wove it in part into my own philosophy. Plus I just like it. It is by walt whitman.

“This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body.”

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Its called 1 day at a time, its works wonders for stressfull people.

Its pretty easy to follow, you live in the moment, you try not to relive the past , and you dont stray in the what ifs.

It makes my life a hole lot simpler...

PS: hiya to all of bills friends, you know who you are

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Good question.

I have an opinion till I change it. Fundamentally I think this is a big part of my personal philosophy. Allowing myself and others to admit and learn from our mistakes.
But I do also believe in things beyond what I know for facts - I believe in determinism, even though the theory has not been proven on quantum level. I won't go into detail on how it works, as I take it most of you properly know what I am talking about. But looking at the world through determinism gives me personally a very serene view of how the world operates around me and in me.

I am very new to the forum. Just posted my introduction some 10 hours ago, where I wrote down some personal opinions on social behavior. I am not sure if it is philosophy, but it is personal and I do believe in it. So I'll share a few lines.

1. The best way to convince someone else that your ideas are correct, is to show them in praxis.
2. Never treat anyone like they ought to know that they were wrong all along.
3. No one is always right.
4. There are no such thing as good or evil. Anyone familiar with the concepts of nature vs. nurture and determinism should know what I am talking about, and should accept this.
5. If you impose your ideas on people it does not matter how good they are, if the people are not with you, you will fail. (for help on convincing people about your ideas - return to paragraph 1.)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Love, Live and Let Live...

I will not say how another person should be, but this is how I strive to be:

- We should welcome the fact that we all share this planet together and do our best to understand, accept and love each other.
- Love is the most powerful force in the Universe and it should be shared and spread.
- What other people do in their personal lives isn't my business or my choice. I am autonomous. I make the rules for my life and others do the same for theirs.
- Live frugally.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Be compassionate when judging others.
- Laugh as much as possible.
- Remember that words can hurt more than a slap.
- Contribute to the good will in the world instead of detracting from it.
- Fight for unity, equality and progression.

A lifetime of learning.

4) Are there any spiritual beliefs in this philosophy such as God, spirits?

No.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Vive la difference - wouldn't life be a real bore if we were all the same?

And live for the now. e.g. A man was running from a charging rhinoceros. Nearing exhaustion he came to a cliff but to his relief there was a vine leading to the bottom. About halfway down the cliff he looked to the bottom and saw a pride of hungry lions - he looked up and he saw some rats chewing the vine supporting him. He looked to his left and there was nothing there to aid his escape. He looked to his right and saw some wild strawberries growing. Do you know what? They were the best strawberries he ever tasted.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Teist. Something exist that we havent explained it yeet. Law of One. One is All. Every soul/spirit is a part of gods conciousness.

See every human/animal around you as another part of a higher you. Karma and rebirth. Love the potential in everybody to reach higher enlightment. There is no souls with that is valued above or below me. We are just at different evolution stages.

Deep depression with suicide attempts. Wanted to leave this place no matter the concequences. New life or eternal sleep was ok as long as I got away. Was not allowed to die. A crazy person came and said that I would get mana from heaven and I did not belive. Several days of thinking that would not stop and extreme trouble sleeping. Got a book on toltec religon that awoke my mind 4 days later. Heard 3 knocks in my head and was the same but different. Feeling of something touching my head and energy being sent thru the body. Have an opened crown chakra and have with mediation opened all other 6 chakras. My experiances are my own proof that something we haven't proved yeet exists.

4) Are there any spiritual beliefs in this philosophy such as God, spirits? If so explain. and why do you believe?
Teist. Something exist that we havent explained it yeet. What I believe is my own version of reality that is not true. I don't have to be right. Whatever is out there don't have the ego to care if I get it all right.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Life - Part 1

It's not so much how it should be but rather, how it is. And it's not so simple that it can be summed up under a single header so, in this case, what you get is a very, very brief snippet of a single section of one part...

I am... haunted by my past. Like a ghost that walks the earth for all of eternity in payment for wrongs committed, I am stalked in life by the memories of my past. God may have forgiven my sins, but I am not sure that I will ever be able to offer myself that much grace or latitude.

I am fairly certain that this physical existence is about learning and growing. Mistakes will be made and so long as we learn from them so as not to repeat them, then the errors have a positive effect. But for those of us who do repeat the mistakes, even though we have learned? Then, the outcome is uncertain except that... we will be reminded, haunted, driven from the light into the shadows of self-shame and wretchedness.

This is one truth of the human condition; we were not placed here to exploit the physical but rather, to develop the spiritual. It is not our destiny to live as immortal flesh, but as an eternal spirit. This nursery of thought we call this life, is but one of many tests we will face and one of many possible dead ends... should we so utterly fail it that we are judged to be hopelessly beyond salvation.

Heaven and Hell do exist in as much as they are the preferred and nonpreferred landings for that which survives this world. One is a graduation that grants elevation and the other is a denial based on failure that may dispose of the useless subject.

Evil exists opposite of good, just as light does from dark and up does from down. This whole universe is paired into opposites. In some cases, those opposites compliment and attract. In others, they stand as opposed counterweights which both seek to pull that which lies in between. But... there is no singularity here, no one of anything, and never shall be. We may have come here from that kind of place, and we may evolve to that of the trinity. But here, there is only the bickered pair... the opposed duo; the physical and the spiritual locked on contest within each of us.

Life experience.

That's in another part of the book... but yes, on the God question.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Being of a simple mind, I have to think of things in the simplest ways.

If I had to give my Philosophy a name it would be something like a " Utopian - Anarcist".

I have always felt like "if you leave me alone, I'll let you live."

Seriously, if everyone spent as much time minding their own business and living their own lives as they do trying to manage others, the world would be a much much better place.

It seems to take up all my time just doing the things I need to get done. I do take a little time to play at things, but that usually gets me behind at something else.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I call my philosophy toward Life The Universe And Everything, My Guide To the Galaxy

Hate tyranny

Never be a doormat

Alchohol is the cause of, annnnnnd solution to,......all of life's problems.

Psychopaths only understand justice and revenge

Sex is WAY over rated

Respect all religions

Have fun

The "paranormal" is as real as this state

There is Devine Providence

Youth is wasted on the young

Cruelty sucks

I love animals more than people

There are ufos

Be kind to the kind

Try to appreciate your own blood family

Be greatfull

And last but never ever least. The global consensus priority should be on working towards a clean cruelty free world, where everyone has easy access to clean water, real food, Liberty, dignity, education, and most importantly of all, FUN! (Who has fun anymore?)

The reason I hold those as my own is: I experienced great pain when I never defended myself. I experienced the non subtle paranormal. I saw ufos. There are many people with no conscience. I live with animals who love me. I am greatfull for the modest gifts of everyday life, I've been granted. I love my family.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Saucerwench because: changed

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My personal philosophy can be expressed in two statements:

1......Do not hurt others, either physically or emotionally,

2......Whenever possible help others.

That's it, no rituals, no supreme beings and no attempt to correlate my behavior to some ancient writings. It all goes back to 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'.

I could be facetious and add:
3......Always show preferential treatment to fellow pilots, especially other homebuilders of 'planes.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My philosophy is directly affected by what I believe is the nature of the human being relative to reality and how it came to be what it is. My philosophy is that we actively build our eternal selves from instant to instant by how we respond to the business of being alive as an intelligent, conscious and emotive corporeal human being. That being the case, we give to our future with every strong and honorable response we achieve, and cheat our future out of priceless potential when we're weak, bitter, selfish or fearful. The moment our corporeal development phase is completed, we'll each emerge as the eternal human being that we've crafted ourselves to be, and will benefit (or suffer) as a result of what we've "made" of ourselves, with all our positive and negative predilections balancing as a sort of constantly available slurry of response potentials to address all future circumstances.

I embrace this belief due to the years of work I did on uncovering the specific metaphysical premise that bases this belief and (as far as I can tell) logically proves it to be accurate.

As far as the traditional notion of God or gods, I've been able to determine why such notions came to initially exist, and in a way, one aspect of the premise I discovered can be said to vaguely support the strong possibility of a contextual reality "creator" being that is somewhat similar to the human being, while being extremely unique in direct comparison to any one human being if examined as a singular whole. The rub is that this being is actually the ultimate net expression of the human being (as conceptual whole, not specifically as the net expression of any one human being) so its relationship with the human being is actually nearly 180 degrees reversed from what has been traditionally asserted by religionists and others within the spiritual communities about what they believe God, or a god, to be.

The premise is actually pretty simple, and extremely "natural" in how it's structured, but takes some rethinking the existential staples for most people before the scales start falling from their eyes. Once they do, it really is startling in how the largest questions begin resolving themselves one after another, without much effort on the seekers behalf.

The bottom line is that "you are what you think....forever".

I guess that's as accurate a one-liner as I can think of.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Physical Philosophy based on Mathematics.

However they are, since everyone is how they are supposed to be at any given moment in their life.

By realizing this thing you call Life, is nothing more than a Game to answer a Question.

I believe in a higher power (God/Source) for that is where WE (our Soul) come from. As to why I believe, from looking at the Physical portion of this thing you call Life and questioning it, quite often using math to see thru the lies.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Love

My Philosophy is love and believe from the heart. There is 2 way to love, love from your thoughts and love from the heart.

I saw the light, I saw I was a being of light. That we are all connected together. there we do not create our thoughts but shares it globally. We are energy beings. Since then, I believe in the light and all that surrounds us in and out.

For me, I believe we all are a little piece of god. Energy beings inter-connected together making GOD. There is a spitirtual world, other dimensions, i know that for sure because I saw it. I felt them. we are not alone. Where you are sitting right now, there is a spirit.

Just one thing to say... Do not fear, do not be scared of what you don't know. Because your fear is the only thing blocking you from leveling up. Let it go, let it go. Stop thinking, do more actions with out thoughts. do not think you love, just love.

reply to post by arpgme

join