It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My apologies if this is already discussed, I could not find it. I came upon an interesting video at www.kerryoniraq.com. Under the section titled Watch Now is a video that shows just what Kerry thinks about Iraq. It really changed my mind about him to the negative. It looks just as though what I suspected. The man knew he could get many votes with an Anti-War stance, and he did just that. Switched from supporting the war, to not supporting it.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This video says in about twelve minutes what I've been banging my fingers bloody trying to say for a month. Thank you for posting this timely expose of Kerry in his own words.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this timely expose of Kerry in his own words.

Your welcome. It just made my mouth drop when I watched it the first time. It would have been a real hard choice for me to decide between Kerry and Bush if Kerry would have continued to SHOW HIS SUPPORT for the war in Iraq. This was just mind blowing to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I watched the video: Kerry did not change his mind and remained consistent with his position.

To note is that the last image of the video mantioned:
"KERRYONIRAQ.COM PAID FOR BY THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE AND BUSH/CHENEY '04 INC."

No matter what Kerry says it's always better than the lies you hear every day from Bush.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajm4481
My apologies if this is already discussed, I could not find it. I came upon an interesting video at www.kerryoniraq.com. Under the section titled Watch Now is a video that shows just what Kerry thinks about Iraq. It really changed my mind about him to the negative. It looks just as though what I suspected. The man knew he could get many votes with an Anti-War stance, and he did just that. Switched from supporting the war, to not supporting it.

WHERE IS OSAMA?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Using those tricky conservative editing techniques like they always do.

That it's on a "neutral" site domain is what I find so funny.

Eddy Gillespe annouced he just made it on the last Daily Show.

This allows the negative message of the RNC to look uncoordinated (like they did with Swifties) while they hold their "positive" unity rally in NYC.

The timing is perfect. Released just before the convention so Bush supporters sent the link via e-mail can forward it and post it all over the net as something they just "found."

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I watched the video: Kerry did not change his mind and remained consistent with his position.

I do not know what delusion your living in by saying that. He supported what the President is doing as far as Iraq, but now he thinks its wrong????? The only consistency in that video was the change from supporting the war and how the President was doing it, to not supporting it and not supporting how the President was doing it.

The timing is perfect. Released just before the convention so Bush supporters sent the link via e-mail can forward it and post it all over the net as something they just "found."

Darn, you got me. I forgot, anything against Bush is oh so right. Anything about Kerry is oh so wrong, isn't that the way it works?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
as i recall, kerry was supportive for the president to go into war Just In Case, he did not support the war the way Bush jr. did right???

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajm4481
Darn, you got me. I forgot, anything against Bush is oh so right. Anything about Kerry is oh so wrong, isn't that the way it works?

I didn't accuse you of anything but thanks for confessing you didn't just "come upon an interesting video at www.kerryoniraq.com" anyway. I would have denied it if I were you BTW or admitted it in the orginal post, but hey...I know the drill.

I know the RNC is sending people there. And I know it's paid for political sniping hiding behind a non affiliated domain to give the illusion of distance from the Bush campain as he goes into the convention.

I know. We all know. It's still work on AOL though.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
posted on 28-8-2004 at 08:27 AM
Using those tricky conservative editing techniques like they always do.

I think it's Michael Moore who is the King of editing techniques!

The video in question aside, long before Kerry was a Presidential candidate I remember watching him in interviews were he did talk about the very real danger of Saddam and WMDs and the need for us to do something about it.
One of the things that scares me about Kerry is that he has no real opinions that he is willing to express and stand by. I don't know if what he said a few years ago is true or what he said a few months ago is true. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think his views are dependent on popular opinion based on hindsight.
Personally I have no clue what the guy stands for because he doesn't really say much of anything other than he can do a better job. Heck, the guy doesn't even show up to vote on issues and he's getting paid to do that! More than anything else I would LOVE to hear his excuse for that!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Heck, the guy doesn't even show up to vote on issues and he's getting paid to do that! More than anything else I would LOVE to hear his excuse for that!

Senators typically know the final vote count before the vote is even sent to the floor. When there's no threat of losing a vote, organized absences are coordinated...especially during procedural minutia and when other duties call.

That the Republican electorate is so forgiving of a President that seems practically allergic to being on the job given his vacations is telling when they get so mad Kerry didn't vote against them in the Senate. That's right, you're mad he wasn't there to cast superfollous votes against Republican initiatives. Why, may I ask?

Oh I know. For the meaningless talking point.
Did you know there's a think tank that massaged all voting records to make Kerry come out the most liberal? I bet you did!

Funny how he pulled that off having hardly ever voted according to the same conservatives so mad he votes too liberal. Explain that one. Oh, you can't because it's counterintuitive RNC BS...just like all their talking points.

Dazzle 'em with BS I suppose. Way to go Rove.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Senators typically know the final vote count before the vote is even sent to the floor. When there's no threat of losing a vote, organized absences are coordinated...especially during procedural minutia and when other duties call.

I can understand using that excuse occassionally, but with the amount of votes he has missed it is not a valid excuse. Furthermore, if this excuse is good enough for him does that mean that Americans voting for him should not bother showing up at the polls since they think they already know how it's going to turn out?
As for his other duties calling ... yes, I know that campaigning is important to him, but what about the people in Mass that he is being paid to represent? Is he really being responsible to them?

That the Republican electorate is so forgiving of a President that seems practically allergic to being on the job given his vacations

Although Michael Moore would like you to believe otherwise, the percentage of time that was given as Bush's vacation time was not accurate. If you want a real breakdown of the vacation time here is a link:

lawroark.blog-city.com...

Did you know there's a think tank that massaged all voting records to make Kerry come out the most liberal? I bet you did!

If you read this it does explain that Kerry did not cast enough votes to rank in all areas, but in the areas that he did cast enough votes he was determined to be more liberal than Kennedy.

washingtontimes.com...

Personally I don't really care if people are comparing how liberal Kerry is to Kennedy. I go by what I find on vote-smart.org to make up my own mind.

www.vote-smart.org...

Anyway, back to my original complaint. I would like Kerry to explian why his attendance/voting record is so poor. I would like HIM to justify it and as a candidate for President I would think that he would want to set the record straight. If he does that I might take him more seriously.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I didn't accuse you of anything but thanks for confessing you didn't just "come upon an interesting video at www.kerryoniraq.com" anyway. I would have denied it if I were you BTW or admitted it in the orginal post, but hey...I know the drill.

I came upon this kerryoniraq because it was linked in some dudes profile on aol.. It was in the guys signature. Deny what? Darn, you got me was sarcasm because no matter what is the truth, some people are gonna accuse you of working for the republicans or spreading all this stuff for them? Like I said, its all great if its against Bush, but if its against Kerry it is completely wrong. Just like I am a sheep because I am going to vote for Bush, or what is it? Oh yeah, I am not enlightened. Yet there are people who believe anything that comes up, made up, whatever about bush....and those are the "enlightend ones", or in reality....are they the sheep? I am no sheep, if John Kerry continued to support the war then that would be my major concern supported by both candidates. Next I would have to go to my other pet peve, which is environment. Well, uh....need I say more...our boy in office doesnt give a rats, you know, about the environment from what I can tell. Yet, it doesnt matter...I work for the republicans and am a sheep, isnt that right, isnt that the way it works? Anyone who brings up something against kerry is a sheep and works for the replublican party...bahhhhhh.

WHERE IS OSAMA?

Heck if I know. Ask him.

top topics

join