It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO, just sits there. Picture to prove it. This is what is up there! OMG Scary!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I was able to get a video of this thing but BARELY, to the left is my street light and to the right is the suspicious light. Now, I do live next to an airport but this is pretty low if you ask me and it doesn't do all these twist and turns like an airplane. I tried take snapshots of this thing. I was able to get some images, but it's like my whole camera is just a black screen. Like I didn't any pictures. Thing was definitely a pain in the behind to capture. Here's the video, still going through the images. I was outside shooting the video.

View it full screen and keep your EYE on the RIGHT. The left was my street lamp and location point to capture this dang thing.

Took this 1/2 hour ago.
possible alien. ;p Closest picture I can capture of this bad boy.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/10/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Now you see, that's what you get for watching the moon....

I couldn't identify it either. Did you know that the 8th is National Moon Observation Day (or something like that). That's also the same day that the draconid meteor shower will be visible. Unfortunately it will be during the day time in the US, and we probably won't get to see the best part...

I'm going to bed, goodnight manhater...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

This will tell you whether its Venus , Saturn or any other natural object which it appears to be .
www.stellarium.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Man, during the day. That stinks... Thanks..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That program could never be wrong... If it's REAL-TIME. I'll download it. If not. It's just animation.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I did see something glittery pop around the objects to the right around the 0:16-0:17 mark.
I'm always looking at the sky, sometimes I see odd things, and Stellarium has become my best friend!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

post by Manhater
If it's REAL-TIME. I'll download it. If not. It's just animation.

Why would it need to be real-time ? , Celestial objects follow predictable set patterns , the program is being used in planetarium projectors so you can see if you are watching Venus [ which you probably are ] or Saturn or .......

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by gortex

That program could never be wrong... If it's REAL-TIME. I'll download it. If not. It's just animation.
I don't understand that comment at all.

I suppose it's possible someone made a data entry error in the program and that could make it wrong, but a lot of people use it and the obvious errors on the obvious things like planets probably would have been caught by now.

And Gortex is right, Venus doesn't just disappear from one part of the sky and suddenly re-appear in another, so there's no reason the program can't accurately show the position of Venus days or even years in the past or future, as well as the present. It does have a real-time mode if you want to take a laptop outside for example, but you can also back up the time to the time of your sighting and see if there was a planet in that part of the sky at that time, visible from your location.

So if it was a planet you saw, your comment about it not being wrong is most likely correct. If you saw something other than a planet, or a star, then it's probably not going to show up in the program (though it does have a satellite option, but I think you have to enable that).

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What street light ?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

What street light ?

It's on the left.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
First the moon is wackadoodle. Now you've seen a UFO.

Methinks you're wanting to see something and will make it happen regardless.

Oh and Stellarium is witchcraft.

I know, I know...I'm obviously a disinfo agent....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
First the moon is wackadoodle. Now you've seen a UFO.

Methinks you're wanting to see something and will make it happen regardless.

Oh and Stellarium is witchcraft.

I know, I know...I'm obviously a disinfo agent....

I got a picture..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I have been seeing the same thing for 5 days, if you get a decent telescope or digital camera that zooms by at least 8 X you can clearly know its a planet, I believe it to be Venus. Some think Jupitor but from what I see I'm saying Venus.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

I have been seeing the same thing for 5 days, if you get a decent telescope or digital camera that zooms by at least 8 X you can clearly know its a planet, I believe it to be Venus. Some think Jupitor but from what I see I'm saying Venus.

Yep, that's going to be my next investment.

Telescope with a camera on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Stellarium is plenty accurate.
You can even make it show you every satellite in the sky , wherever you are.
and you can even watch them move! lol

Also..
I highly doubt it's Venus..
Venus won't be "up" at a regular time until winter.

You're probably looking at Jupiter. lol

Just the other night, out front of my house, 2 people stood there pointing up, saying.. "omg a UFO"..

They were pointing at Jupiter.

I told them "that's not a UFO, That's a planet, and it's called Jupiter"

They said.. "sorry but that's not a planet".. LOL

I said, "Sorry, I work at an observatory, and often have my telescope trained on that exact object your pointing at" Im telling you, it's Jupiter..

One of them said "pfft".

I almost got the telescope out to show them..
but not after they "pfft" me. lol

edumacated much, people?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
sorry OP but was your avatar face palming before you authored this thread ?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I just watched your video at highest res possible (480)

I see a smaller, very faint "light" underneath the main object that blinks on once in awhile..

I don't see that with planets.
Not even planets with many moons...
Not with the unaided eye anyhow..

SO Ill just go ahead and correct myself and say. "probably not Jupiter"..
Sorry.

Not sure what it is,
But after watching it again, full screen/full res..
I can't say it's Jupiter.

Sorry.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry,

but I've just busted my eyeballs and all there is, is a tiny tiny dot. You don't say what direction you are facing, or what the time is, or whether it's cloudy or otherwise. Jupiter is rising in the East currently, it is bright and very noticeable, although I would hesitate to say that is what you have.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was facing out the front door. So to me I guess it's north.

Never
Eat
Shredded
Wheat

yep, I noticed that the other object spits out a smaller light. That's why I said watch it carefully.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I don't know if you have a smart phone like an iPhone or Android, but, from what I understand, there's an app available that lets you point your phone at objects in the sky and the phoe will show you what it is, whether that object is a star, satellite, planet, whatever.
A friend of mine that has one of those fancy phones showed me on his phone and it's a pretty cool app.
I don't have one of those phones, so, I can't tell you what the app is called, but, it's worth looking into if you do have one of those phones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join