It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon....Who saw it last night and tonight.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

Not here for a debate with you. So, rant all you want. If you don't like my threads then don't read them. Problem solved. No one said you had to look at my avatar either.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I want to let you in on a little secret. Maybe you will understand.. But first are you saying that 9 year old children in school are not being taught the facts? So are they being educated with lies and shortchanged when it comes to scientific facts by their teachers? Or are you saying the teachers don't know that what they are teaching is inaccurate and not scientific? And as far as "Observation" I think I made it clear that I have observed first hand what I posted or I wouldnt have posted it. Now you can believe what you want. I know what I am seeeing and I wish you would address the links I have provided. Explain to us why the links are inaccurate.. One other thing for those who may be listening. I am not talking about the path the moon travels through and sets in, after rising. I am talking about the Fact that A boat moon is only viewable from the equator within 20 degress north or south of it. Now I know and so do the writers of the link you provided and I find it strange that now they are claiming that this is a lower 48 state normality and the UK and Europe Etc.. I mean lets just say its everywhere. Now what? Its not normal and all the rewriting and cover up you want to believe and push due to your whatever it is that makes you do it doesnt matter to me.. I don't need someone telling me that The Moon rises in a stnding crescent and can set that same day as a bowl moon. Once again. It happens every other month at 36 degrees here in Las Vegas for the past two years and several times a month.. They claim it is only a few times a year due to tilt? So is the Earth tilting back and forth in a 12 hour day? I rises normal and sets bowl and it did again tonight for the 4th night in a row..Lastly the comment by one of the mods, that the moon appeared to rotate 45 degrees but went on to say thats just from our perspective is again absoloutly wrong. The aspect of the moon would be consistantly the same for that day.. even if it were off kilter the next or the day before. The aspect should be constant for each rising and setting in a single days venue..
edit on 9-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I don't like this program. all you see is white dots, not what is actually there.
When I go outside and look at the stars to see what is actually there, they look like white dots to me, they don't look like white dots to you?

Since this thread is about the moon. let's look at that. The program default tries to compress a large part of the sky onto your monitor. The sky is big, but your monitor is much smaller, so they provide you with the ability to zoom in with your mouse wheel to the area that interests you. When you do that with the moon, it looks like this (This is with the date set at October 3):

Stellarium screenshot, date set to October 3, 2011:

It doesn't look like a photograph, but it looks like a pretty good representation of the moon to me for a free computer program. I think Stellarium sells much more sophisticated versions of its program to planetariums, so if you own a planetarium and want to shell out big bucks for a more realistic version, you can. But this is good enough for me on a home PC. They even got the shading about right between the light and dark sides of the moon, and the dark colored Maria match up with what I see on the moon pretty well.

So now that you've found this great research tool to show you what the moon should look like when you go outside to observe it for real, are you excited about learning more about the moon?

No I'm still uninstalling it.

OK, well I suppose your learning the scientific method isn't the only case where this has happened?

I did, it went through one side and out the other.

Can you admit that the moon looks like more than just a white dot in the screenshot of Stellarium in this post?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I was shocked to discover that some nights you can't see the moon......and you can see the moon during the day. It's called 'moonrise' in Farmer's Almanac or Gardening Journals. I thought I knew much about the moon until I got into a debate with a friend and found out the truth!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I know this sounds crazy. But didn't anyone notice the moon last night. Did it not look a lot lower, yesterday the moon was behind my trees, today it was way above. Also, the stars looked a lot higher. Today the Moon is higher and stars look at a lot lower. I am sober as a rock. I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Just so happens the past few nights have been very clear and I broke out my nice binocs to look at Jupiter (very bright in the eastern sky). I also looked at the moon.

Nothing unusual to report other then the usual awesomeness.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thanks to the garbage collecting truck being late and making too much noise, I was able to take a photo of the Moon very close to setting, at 04:48 (we can see an antenna if front of the Moon).

Although the colours are different (I used automatic settings to be faster, the Moon was almost behind a building) we can see that it "rotated" a little more than four hours before.

By using the three photos I can make an animation that shows that, if the Moon was closer to crescent than to full as it is now, we would see the "horns" rotating from left (when at it's highest point in the sky) to up (when close to setting).

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Explain to us why the links are inaccurate.

The links are inaccurate because they do not mention one thing, that we can only consider differences in what the Moon looks like when we compare the Moon at the same position on the northern hemisphere, equator and southern hemisphere, because the way the Moon looks changes with its position in the sky (at least on the northern hemisphere, because that's where I am), with a crescent Moon with the "horns" pointing down when it rises, left at it's highest point across the sky and up when it sets.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

It was visible an hour or two before dark yesterday.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

od how u are always a c s

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
actually it is not the real moon !!!...it is the Death Star !!...force be with you ignorance..

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Manhater

Thanks for the thread. I will tell you something that should interest you and some others on here. The Earth is in a wobble or the moon's orbit is in disarray. The reason I say this is simple. "The Upside down moon"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

LOL...whenever I see the three quarter moon out in the daytime I always say "That's no moon. It's a space station."
Tends to get old with my friends!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

There's nothing to be alarmed about.
The sky isn't falling, or floating away, or any variation involving anything of the sort.
If a cloud falls on you, you should also be quite fine.
If the devil, ghosts, or any other sort of monster shows up on your doorstep, the problem can usually be sorted by giving away candy and wishing a happy halloween.

My views summed up in five lines. Also sounds like something i could have read in hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I can't believe this Amazing Post..... This past Friday night (11:40pm) I just got back to my Hotel room from a Wedding Reception of my niece in Bethlehem Pennsylvania.... it was a beautiful evening... For the record.. I didn't drink any alcohol but, I still had a good time..
Well I went to bed a little after 12 midnight... fell asleep but woke up around 3 in the morning and just lay there... I was just staring out the window just looking out at the Moon thru the semi-see-thru curtain! Some time has pass maybe half hour or so and I notice that the Moon was still in the same position in the sky !
I got up and said that can't be the Moon it's got to be a light on a pole... When I pulled back the curtains to verify my assumption, to my surprise it was the Moon... it never moved from it's place in the sky for a long time !

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Strange indeed...summer here in the UK was interesting.

We were driving back from a friends house about 3:30/4:00 am in the morning, down a long open stretch of road back to our town. We were driving down, suddenly as we came around the bend there in front of us was this reddish boon literally the size of a football pitch on the horizon.

Completely amazing (but scientifically explained by the curvature of the moons and earths orbits).

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Not sure about the moon but there was a star blinking red and blue last night from the southeast. It was very bright and blinking like crazy. Anyone know what star it is?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Very cool Armap, thanks for sharing. Beautiful photo.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
nothing is unusual about the moon....

There are many universities and programs that study the moon daily using lasers.....not one of these have shown any abnormalities in their data.....

Sorry to destroy your thread

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
who flags this #?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
MODS

why is this thread on the front of the website?????

Threads like this on the homepage of ATS, make ATS look bad.....

It only has 10 flags and has been basically proven that nothing is unusual through scientific data....please remove this from the homepage

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Two Words:

"Grow up"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join