It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Walkers

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Domo1

How can there be a "return" when there was no "Jesus Christ" and there is no "God"? Your bible is a book of hate, spite, and murder, even if it is all lies and stories.

The way you refer to this lie as a "Lord" is also disturbing. Nothing and nobody will ever "Lord" over me, no nation, institute, monarch or false deity, ever.

You are correct nothing and nobody will ever Lord over you, so long as you feel this way. But there was a Jesus Christ and there is a God. And there is no hate, spite, or murder in the bible. All of those things you see as such are proof that God loves, nothing more.
edit on 8-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Prove to me that Jesus ever existed and that God is real. You can't, because they are lies and myths designed to keep you in fear, without thought and without care for what is actually real.

Your book of lies preaches nothing BUT hatred for those who are different, scorn for those who choose to reject your lies and murder.

The bible never teaches hatred or scorn for those who reject Jesus. Religion teaches all of these things. Way too many pastors are teaching lessons that have little to do with the bible. I can take three passages out of any book and interpret them however i like that does not make my interpretation correct. Very few people understand the bible. As a Christian I apologize for all of those people who have made you believe anything else.

I pity you. It's obvious that you have totally submitted yourself to this cult. One day, hopefully, you'll wake up and realise that your Religion is evil, backwards and nasty and you will join the rest of the free-thinking world.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

Religion is a cult, all of them. I do not claim any specific religion, I have been through the entire bible, and I have studied for myself all the claims for and against. I have rarely attended church in my life. My understanding of the bible is different than most, but I know that I am right.

If you heard a Christian say someone like Gandhi is not going to heaven because he was a Hindu, who read the bible and never converted, then you spoke to someone who does not understand the message.

If you ever heard a Christian say someone is going to hell because ______ fill in the blank, then you spoke to someone who does not understand the message.

If you ever heard a Christian say you can get this or that material possession through prayer, then you spoke to someone who does not understand the message.

If you have ever heard a Christian say that Jesus said turn the other cheek but he didn’t mean in every situation, then you spoke to someone who does not understand the message.

If you ever heard a Christian say that you don’t really need to read the Old Testament to understand, then you spoke to someone who does not understand the message.

I am pointing out the most common misconceptions that most Christians and non Christians believe about the bible. Although each of these messages are taught in Christian churches throughout the world, the fact is that each of these messages directly contradicts other messages in the bible. No interpretation can be correct if it clearly contradicts other scripture. If someone presented the bible to you without all of these misconceptions I believe that many more people would at least read it to find out for themselves what it says.

I have argued these points with fellow Christians and they are often astonished when I point to the scriptures that contradict their understanding. Some have been so indoctrinated by religion that they refuse to believe what the bible itself says.
edit on 9-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Couldn't what wbc is doing be considered that ambigious "yelling fire in a theatre" that circumvents their right to free speech? Surly the police force and judge can tell this could and will cause violence?

<< 4  5  6   >>

join