It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Occupy Wall Street - NYPD Gone Wild - Attacking Protesters With Motor Bikes" video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It is starting to look like Greece well almost.I hope the police dont disguise themselves and start a riot like they did in a Montreal protest or like the black bloc.Then the real SHTF.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Funny how anyone that doesn't follow the protesters is a "puppet of the elite".

Well to be fair, I don't think I understand why anyone would support corporate takeover. Your government has been purchased by corporate America.

Don't you think that qualifies you to follow your fellow Americans to protest?

You don't really believe that me holding a sign and chanting "i'm right and your wrong" will really change anything do you?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Ameilia

You still don't understand. You can't arrest "rich people" who provide their paychecks. Their paychecks are provided by tax revenues paid by all of us, rich or not. (Or at least all of us who work.)

didn't one of the "rich" wall street mobs recently give a few $million to the NYPD??

Sounds like a payoff IMO.

Donations do not provide paychecks. Understand how it works before you reply.

Donations are generally used to upgrade equipment, such as providing new cars or better radios or more up to speed computer technology. Or whatever.

I find it terribly sad there is so much hate and prejudice towards police officers. There are bad police officers out there, but there are bad people everywhere. The majority of police act appropriately. (As evidenced in the video. Only one of several cops pointed his bike and drove towards protestors.)

The cameras are the only thing stopping these police officers from the usual brutality that the NYPD are most famous for, plus I don't think JP Morgan donated all that money so they can stand and watch.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

sorry for the bad post or embeding of the vid but at 1:18 is pretty bad for the police, caught redhanded with rocks in hand and scarfs over faces

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Whether you are for or against these protests I think it is easy to see that some of the people were antagonizing those officers. Those select few were wrong in their actions and it is easy to see.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by morder1

Really? The police "attacked" the protesters with motor bikes? You are rediculous. Not only is your title absolutely the furthest thing from the truth but you are completely blind to what is clearly shown in the video.

with the people remaining peaceful at the end

Peaceful? Like standing in the middle of the street? Like throwing objects at the police on motor bikes? Like walking right up to the officers and yelling in their faces? Like knocking over the motorbikes as they sit in the street?

Yea. Sure.

The protesters are fighting the wrong people. If you want to protest fine. I can respect that.

The police are not arresting people and responding to the protests because they are trying to silence the message. They respond and arrest people because they are acting unreasonable.

Actually

All i see was people protesting peacefully, hold on... yeah i just checked again, none of them was doing ANYTHING wrong, oh ah hear come the aggressive roid freaks on bikes, oh look he just rammed a protester,

as you would expect, he pissed the protesters of for ramming some guy who didn't deserve to be rammed into, its a very common thing for other people to do for one another,

end of the day, they had every right to protest and had every right to be angry when getting rammed by the police, thos copper acted like bullys and totally abused there powers,

there was absolutely no need to drag that guy out of the road like that either, they're not police officer, there just bouncers following orders, you can tell there all idiots and don't have half a brain between them, because that's not how you deal with people or treat people in that type of situation, your just asking for trouble doing it that way, they just steamed in without engaging the protesters before hand,

IMO they just looked at them like scum coursing trouble and decided to be heavy handed,

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StarfireZeta

Buffalo Springfield's For What Its Worth belongs to its own time. It is a reaction to specific elements of the social turmoil of its day and has earned a place within the canon defining post-Altamont 1960's counter culture. As such, For What Its Worth would be sullied if co-opted by the current "movement".

Not to worry!

I believe the song Holiday in Cambodia as performed by the late 70's hardcore protopunk band Dead Kennedys underscores the essence of #OccupyWallstreet# uncannily.

As such,Holiday in Cambodia should be given serious consideration for the officially/unofficial anthem by whichever special interest/fringe political group is pretending to not have a leadership role while trolling the MSM reporters at the moment....

So you been to school
For a year or two
And you know you've seen it all
In daddy's car
Thinkin' you'll go far
Back east your type don't crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
To parade your snazz
On your five grand stereo
Braggin' that you know
How the 'n-word's feel cold
And the slums got so much soul

It's time to taste what you most fear
Right Guard will not help you here
Brace yourself, my dear…
Brace yourself, my dear…

It's a holiday in Cambodia
It's tough, kid, but it's life
It's a holiday in Cambodia
Don't forget to pack your whites

You're a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well you'll work harder
With a GUN in your back
For a bowl of rice a day
Slave for soldiers
Till you starve
Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
Now you can go where they get things done
What you need, my son…
What you need, my son…

Is a holiday in Cambodia
Where people dress in black
A holiday in Cambodia
Where you'll kiss ass or crack

Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot,
Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot...

And it's a holiday in Cambodia
Where you'll do what you're told
A holiday in Cambodia
Where the slums got so much soul

Pol Pot!

Holiday in Cambodia Lyrics

Sound familiar to anyone?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Those white shirts usually denote officers of high rank. That means a lot of the guys you see are supervisors and not patrolmen. They haven't seen stuff like this in ages. Most of them probably haven't been on a real call or case in years. I think they are holding up pretty well for the most part.

The cops were trying to peacefully herd the protesters back to the side walk and out of the streets. A few felt they needed to provoke cops instead. They could have marched and protested on the sidewalk. Instead they went trolling for a response. Oneday people will realize they need to be careful what they ask for.

There have been some mistakes by the NYPD. This wasn't one of them.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Why in the world are those officers riding scooters? ('
') Harley Davidson's with straight pipes are the way to go.

The officers are not attacking. NYPD is herding the crowd. it called crowed control.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

i seem to know more about legal issues then you, as we worked out in the steve jobs thread.

Tell that to the WWII vets that helped free thousands of jews, gays, gypsys, and others from concentration camps. Tell that to the "Freedom Riders" that died so blacks could vote without being lynched. Tell that to men like Tom Dowd and Les Paul that revolutionized recording technology and brought art to the world.

You are where you are because great people worked, sweated, bled, and died.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think this is a better dead kennedys song to go with this video. Jello says at the end "I am the law, so I win" That's how it always goes down the Law is never wrong so they always win in the end. If it's brutality they get investigated by internal affairs who are cops so they want the law to win. Good luck to OWS just watch out for those pesky porkers.

Peace Out

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

The police were in no danger. They are supposed to be a symbol of control and authority, and they lost both. I'm sorry, but their job is not to retaliate to agitation, it's to ensure the safety of the protest. Riding motorcycles into a crowd isn't really fulfilling that end. I think we've forgotten that authority figures are supposed to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. It's not an option for them to loose their temper. Frankly, there's too many police who do it because it pays well with minimal educational investment. There's no commitment to the community.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Wow I just finished watching this, apparently just happened within the past hour or 2... decent sized clash with police, with the people remaining peaceful at the end, with a couple people arrested it looked like...

I also noticed when the bikes got stopped, a few people in the front had black scarves or something on, ill have to rewatch this part again to see what was really happening there... maybe Black Bloc? that came to mind when I saw it...

What? Right here in America?? It's not like the citizens have been supporting violent domination all over the world for the last 50+ years. How surprising, i was sure all the wars were about creating a bubble of non-violent peace here in the USA. Isn't that how it works? Violently dominant and kill everyone around the world for peace at home? That's how it works right? Ohhh maybe not. Maybe we are also under their violent domination..
edit on 9-10-2011 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by UniverSoul

i seem to know more about legal issues then you, as we worked out in the steve jobs thread.

Tell that to the WWII vets that helped free thousands of jews, gays, gypsys, and others from concentration camps. Tell that to the "Freedom Riders" that died so blacks could vote without being lynched. Tell that to men like Tom Dowd and Les Paul that revolutionized recording technology and brought art to the world.

You are where you are because great people worked, sweated, bled, and died.

Where are we again? Oh yeah, a world of violent domination. You kill us, we kill you. We build the world's largest military, imprison more people than North Korea so we can pretend we have freedom in the most luxurious prison camp in the world. Thank you masters for giving us such a beautiful prison, we promise that when we are asking for real freedom and peace we will keep the noise down and be sure not to make you feel threatened, lest you kill us all.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
NYPD - real gagsters ! NYPD - american GESTAPO !

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The only problem I have with this movement is the people seem to believe that giving the government more power to reign in these corrupt bankers......which is INSANE.

The government is as corrupt as the bankers - they have ZERO intent to fix anything. They do what they are paid to do.

edit on 9-10-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What a pointless little video.

The police do nothing wrong at any point. They are simply trying to herd an obviously unruly crowd. When people start throwing stuff at them and getting in their faces, they respond appropriately, and never once do I see them strike, pepperspray or otherwise abuse anyone.

Does anyone actually think this is police brutality? What do you possibly this can be accomplished by getting in their faces like that? Do you not think forming a lobby group to petition the government might be more effective?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

lobby groups should be banned

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
What a pointless little video.

The police do nothing wrong at any point. They are simply trying to herd an obviously unruly crowd. When people start throwing stuff at them and getting in their faces, they respond appropriately, and never once do I see them strike, pepperspray or otherwise abuse anyone.

Does anyone actually think this is police brutality? What do you possibly this can be accomplished by getting in their faces like that? Do you not think forming a lobby group to petition the government might be more effective?

Did our government lobby us on Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan? No. I think everyone can agree that civility is far more constructive than anarchy. But our Masters are not civil and not interested in constructive dialog. We are talking about prison guards who will throw you in the hole for threatening their violence with peace.

On a personal level these officers are under threat of violence and forced to enforce our Masters wishes. They are afraid of violent consequences if they stand up and promote real peace. They are complicit on another level but no more responsible than the protestors. Everyone is responsible for supporting our Masters and their domination out of fear of violence.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What a misleading title, all I saw was a bunch of protestors blocking and taunting the police. They weren't being peaceful at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join