It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Occupy Wall Street - NYPD Gone Wild - Attacking Protesters With Motor Bikes" video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Im actually laughing here . Sorry but really humans are so territorial . The Police gang protecting a patch of road from the rabble . Really 2011 and we are still the same .

Will it ever happen .

We will evolve past trying to own , steal, defend a patch of dirt that we can never own as it existed before we arrived and will exist after we leave . So who is the real owner of that patch of dirt I ask you all .

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Your argument is that police are actually doing the protestors a favour by creating havoc as it brings attention to the cause or the rally that otherwise would have continued to go rather unoticed in the MSM.

Right ?

Very interesting indeed . So who are they working for and what outcome are they aspiring for if they are working so hard to bring attention to the OWS crowds ???????????

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Looks like the OWS movement is not content to wait for MSM coverage to cover the protests. It may be a huge mistake by TPTB to keep this thing hidden, because that video will do a lot more to get the public behind the cause than CNN ever could.

I think that video is hilarious. Pigs on mopeds putting their hands on people, and drowning out the crowd with horns. Hilariously stupid.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The protests have made it this far without any major distruption that would shut down the entire movement in one fell swoop but the axeman is just around the corner waiting for that one slip, so I hope everybody out there remembers to keep their heads around the peace officers.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I support the movement completely, though I fear it will be co-opted by the left in the same manner the tea party was by the right and we will just end up with a dem running on the 99% platform.

However here I didn't see the police acting too badly, maybe a little rough, but there were agent provocateurs in the crowd (even throwing something at the cop early in the video, something bounces off the windshield of the bike).

Honestly though this is more how i think protests should be, that super peaceful stand where your told stuff gets you nowhere. You gotta push back a little.

There was a story about occupy protestors forcing their way into a museum in DC going around and I believe it turned out to be a completely different protest group (likely antiwar group wanting to get in and deface the unmanned drones on display). That is the kind of stuff occupy protestors will have to expect everything will be attributed to them.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Right to PEACEABLY assemble. I hope hose jackasses all get locked up. They are behaving like fools and making their movement look awful to real Americans everywhere.

I'm sorry but when you get pushed around and treated like nothing for so long by the big bully, its time to fight back and kick some arse, they tend not to do it again when you make a statement like that, its time your voices was heard and listened to instead of being ignored by the 1% over & over & over & over again

Get your arse out and stop being such a wossy doing nothing like you have been or thinking there's any other way they will listen to you is just ridiculous and a kop out

Your government must be absolutely wetting them self at what you have already let them get away with

I'm not in sighting violence, just saying people need to be abit more vocal like tho's lot in the video, there not doing any harm to anything or anybody there just angry, and they have every right to be, they certainly didn't deserve that treatment from the people who are suppose to be protecting them,
edit on 8-10-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Have you ever been hit by one of those ASP tactical baton? It's just as rigid as a aluminum baseball bat! Do you think the cop had a right to hit a random person out of the crowd with it? I don't think so. In fact the person getting hit by it could have legally defended himself. That cop had no justification to draw his tactical weapon, let alone hit a innocent person in the crowd with it. The officer should be charge for assault and battery. Another thing to watch out for is cops use of SAP gloves. Those are gloves will steel BB's sewn in pockets on the knuckles, all of these things are for defense only. Not to pull out and slug someone in the face with it because they was just standing there protesting. If the person is blocking the road then yeah warn them of arrest go up there pull him down and cuff him if he doesn't move. These cops are like dogs with rabies. These cops clearly need training in police conduct and how to defuse situations like this with NO violence. This is like a flashback to the 1930's-40's protests fighting the federal reserve. Still fighting over the same things in good old 2011-12. Yeah been protesting the same thing for over 60 years. When is the government is going to get the hint that the federal reserve and bankers on Wall Street IS the problem. Two cancers that have sucking the life out of America.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Funny how anyone that doesn't follow the protesters is a "puppet of the elite".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but he wouldn't be standing after that. He probably either did not hit him, or just jabbed him. The video doesn't prove that the guy hit him at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I consider myself a peaceful protester....BUT! If i was there and saw this happening.. im not so sure if the peaceful protester side of me would stay calm. I wish we would all stay calm in there sort of situations, but unfortunately when things like this occur right in front of our eyes.. We then know for a FACT being peaceful is not always the best solution to an angry mob, which in this case (like most) are the Police.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Let me get this out of the way first: I am in support of Occupy Wall Street 100%. I was even down there helping out and supporting.

However, the folks in this video are morons. You want the police to respect you? Don't taunt them or throw stuff at them, especially when they posed NO threat to you once so ever.

This is why one of these days they're just going to throw tear gas into the Plaza where protesters are camping at.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Occupy San Diego was a small success, and also a failure. While I was there the people I spoke with ranged from well versed to kind of crazy. But all in all it was a good cross section of Californians who are sick of the same ol story.

You may have seen me. I was the one with the nice mustache and the rosy cheeks.

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.

They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.

They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one's skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.

They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.

They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.

They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions. They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.

They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.

They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.

They have sold our privacy as a commodity.

They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.

They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.

They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.

They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them.

They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.

They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.

They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.

They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.

They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.

They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.

They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.

They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *

occupywallst.org...

ITS TIME TO KEEP GOING

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Funny how anyone that doesn't follow the protesters is a "puppet of the elite".

Well to be fair, I don't think I understand why anyone would support corporate takeover. Your government has been purchased by corporate America.

Don't you think that qualifies you to follow your fellow Americans to protest?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
reply to post by morder1

Im actually laughing here . Sorry but really humans are so territorial . The Police gang protecting a patch of road from the rabble . Really 2011 and we are still the same .

Will it ever happen .

We will evolve past trying to own , steal, defend a patch of dirt that we can never own as it existed before we arrived and will exist after we leave . So who is the real owner of that patch of dirt I ask you all .

Are you out of your bleedin' mind? It's disturbingly obvious by the way you talk down about property rights that you are on section-8 or some other kind of public assistance and are renting a house or apartment for next to nothing, and therefore don't care about the property at all since you didn't shed any blood and tears for years and years to be able to say you actually OWN your own property.

BUT......if you ever actually do grow up and become slightly responsible in life and work hard to actually own your own property.......I'm coming over to your house, without your permission, and I'm going to do whatever the hell I want on your property, and you're going to sit there and LIKE it. Because that's what you insinuated in your post above. And if you DON'T like me having the run of your property, you MUST be some kind of unenlightened, unevolved scumbag by your own logic. Then we'll see how fast you're calling the cops to have me arrested and removed from your property.

If there were actually REAL justice in this world....when you call those cops to have me removed....before they come to arrest me they'd look at your posts on this site, see what you have to say about them and property rights, quote your posts back to you, then LAUGH IN YOUR FACE.....whilst I continue to do whatever the hell I want on your property.

THAT is the society YOU think we should be living in?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

well said screwed, this 'domo' person seems to be suffering from split personalities.

i wonder how much time these trolls actually spend online. quite sad really.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
reply to post by R3KR

If the person is blocking the road then yeah warn them of arrest go up there pull him down and cuff him if he doesn't move.

Wow.....GREAT IDEA!!!!! Since you're obviously such a law enforcment genius, please, enlighten me on what happens then.....you know.....when that person starts violently resisting that police officer "cuffing him" as you so eloquently put it? And what if there's no back-up that can get there to help in time?

Should that cop just let the perp beat him (the cop) up, maybe kill him, and get away? Is that your solution?
NO!!! That perp is gonna (rightfully) get a baton upside the head, or in the gut. And I don't care if it kills him/her because they are obviously violent scum that deserves nothing less than having their violent genes removed from the gene pool.

All you people on this site really sicken me in every single thread like this. You think everybody should be able to just go around doing whatever the hell they want with no worry of having to pay for their crimes. And not just on domestic issues like our police.......you people have the same mentality with terrorists and various other evil people. People like you are just as bad as criminals (though I assume you actually are anyway, cause why else would you defend them so viamently?) and terrorists. You should be wiped out right along with them. Then we could finally move on to a truly peacefull and advanced society like Gene Roddenbury envisioned.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L

Are you out of your bleedin' mind? It's disturbingly obvious by the way you talk down about property rights that you are on section-8 or some other kind of public assistance and are renting a house or apartment for next to nothing, and therefore don't care about the property at all since you didn't shed any blood and tears for years and years to be able to say you actually OWN your own property.

BUT......if you ever actually do grow up and become slightly responsible in life and work hard to actually own your own property.......I'm coming over to your house, without your permission, and I'm going to do whatever the hell I want on your property, and you're going to sit there and LIKE it. Because that's what you insinuated in your post above. And if you DON'T like me having the run of your property, you MUST be some kind of unenlightened, unevolved scumbag by your own logic. Then we'll see how fast you're calling the cops to have me arrested and removed from your property.

If there were actually REAL justice in this world....when you call those cops to have me removed....before they come to arrest me they'd look at your posts on this site, see what you have to say about them and property rights, quote your posts back to you, then LAUGH IN YOUR FACE.....whilst I continue to do whatever the hell I want on your property.

THAT is the society YOU think we should be living in?

What good are belongings when you've died? If you knew you were going to die tomorrow would you be happy with all of the blood and tears you shed for your inanimate objects? Humanity is a huge disappointment it's like trying to paddle upriver. There will be no peace in my lifetime because instead of wanting everyone to be happy people only want themselves to be happy.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

What i saw was a bunch of dumbasses standing in the road that dont even have a clue as to what they are protesting about .horns were going off everywhere before the cops started arresting them for being in the street
go home get a job pay your bills further your education start your own business make millions like others have and shut the hell up!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join