It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Occupy Wall Street - NYPD Gone Wild - Attacking Protesters With Motor Bikes" video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by morder1

Deadman's Advocate
Since everyone is now aware of this movement, I hope the "OccupyWallStreet" protestors get extremely violent. It will be the greatest gift to the Democrat party. Obama will be proud.

edit on 10/8/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Violence will bring Marshall Law.

I hope that people really are thinking the actions through.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by morder1

Deadman's Advocate
Since everyone is now aware of this movement, I hope the "OccupyWallStreet" protestors get extremely violent. It will be the greatest gift to the Democrat party. Obama will be proud.

Why do you think I said it?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

How is this gone wild?

I don't see any California-styled bean bag gunning down of protesters.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Really? The police "attacked" the protesters with motor bikes? You are rediculous. Not only is your title absolutely the furthest thing from the truth but you are completely blind to what is clearly shown in the video.

with the people remaining peaceful at the end

Peaceful? Like standing in the middle of the street? Like throwing objects at the police on motor bikes? Like walking right up to the officers and yelling in their faces? Like knocking over the motorbikes as they sit in the street?

Yea. Sure.

The protesters are fighting the wrong people. If you want to protest fine. I can respect that.

The police are not arresting people and responding to the protests because they are trying to silence the message. They respond and arrest people because they are acting unreasonable.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by morder1

Deadman's Advocate

Why do you think I said it?

Just echoing what you said.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

If they try any of that boxing/ corralling in people just like they did here in Toronto at the G20 events and at the Brooklyn bridge just remember back to Gladiator... strength in numbers. Bring and use trashcans as shields... be creative!

No one is corralling anyone. The protesters are acting unreasonable and the police have to deal with it. Sure grab some trashcan lids and use them as sheilds. All that will do is provoke a larger response and possibly get people hurt, police or protester.

and I just wanna say one more thing... Father You See King tha police

Real clever. If it were not for the police responding to the protest, no one would care. So you should be thanking the police for bringing attention to the actions of the protesters.

Why can you not see it? The protesters are lashing out at the police because a police response brings attention. How fair is that?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I have been reading the police in Houston, Dallas and other places have been respectful to the protesters even bringing them water.

That is probable because the protesters in other cities are doing it properly and also treating the police respectfully.

If the protesters want to send a message by breaking the law or inciting the police then they should expect a response.

What the protesters need to realize is that the police are not their enemy. If they conduct themselves appropriately, they can protest all they want without issue. Instead, they choose action that warrants a response from the police.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

these police should be charged
assualt and attempted murder with a deadly weapon

For what? Driving a motorized vehicle on the street? They didnt run anyone over. They stopped when there was too many people in the street.

Get real.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

But, I am afraid that with the backing of several groups, comes violence.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, on either side.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Do you let the guy you know is a paid shill walk around saying/breaking/causing disturbances which will in the long run be detrimental to the movement?? Or do you and all your buddies surround said agent provocateurs and stomp the living sht out of them KNOWING that badge numbers lay beneath the black get up? I mean... even if EVERBODY else is sitting and meditating as a form of protest... the police are just going to employ and activate the provocateurs to cause an agitation for the police force to come bearing down, box in EVERY protester in the area and begin man-handling people.

Really? So what you are trying to say is the protesters who are causing the problems are really undercover police who are trying to stir things up?

Are you serious?

If you really believe that then why arent the protesters policing themselves? If one of these "undercover cops" starts causing trouble why not stop them? Or completely separate them from the protest?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Common posting knowledge dictates with youtube videos, use the video title so you dont get multiple threads on the same video... Thats what I did

Common sense dictates title your post here to reflect what is actually going on. Lest you look like a liar.

And lets get one thing straight. You chose this title so people would read your post. There is no other reason.

Take some personal responsibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I was just banned from Godlike productions for saying they had an agenda against the wall street protesters. They have been bashing this movement from the start and now all of their headlines are anti-wallstreeters. As soon as I posted my thread I got banned.

This movement is striking some nerves with TPTB already even with the month long media blackout. I sure hope this site is able to stay non-biased.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

not to mention the fact that no corporate criminals ever get arrested! the real criminals go scot free every day.

Really? Like that poor guy Bernie Madoff?

Or all of the other, not so infamous, poor guys who are investigated and charged by the numerous white collar crime units around the US?

they arent protecting the protesters they are enforcing silly laws that say you cant stand here because someone has a piece of paper saying they own it

I happen to enjoy laws that protect private property. So do the other countless homeowners in the US. What are you arguing for? The complete dissolution of private property?

the only people ive seen injured are the protesters as a result of police actions

...resulting from their resistance to their arrest resulting from their own unneccesary, unreasonable and unlawful actions.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

double standard, you cant support the cause and support the people stopping it

Once again, the police are not there to silence the message of the protesters they are trying to maintain some semblance of public safety and order. Its not because of the message it is because of the unlawful actions of the few in the group.

why we have police is a lost idea, consumed by corruption and corporate control
they get their power from the oversized street gang that is our government

Get real. Eventhough you attempt to paint the picture that all laws target the lower class and only help the corporate interests, in reality there are reasons behind every law. Are there good reasons? Not always. But there are reasons. And who enacts those laws? Your local and federal representative. So if you want to blame someone for a law, hold your representative accountable. The police have absolutely no say in the laws that are passed by the legislature.

if cops only targeted real criminals like rapists, murderers, corporate criminal slave drivers etc.. then i would support them

Again, get real. Why dont you go to the FBI website and check out the Uniformed Crime Reporting section. Or the website for the Bureau of Justice Statistics website. Why dont you see exactly how many rapes, murders and serious crimes were investigated and cleared because of the efforts of the police departments across the US?

You appraisal of the police is biased and baseless.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

most of police time goes into arresting people for victimless crime, which is pointless

Source?

Truth or personal opinion based on misconception? I think the latter.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

i said i will support cops when they only target the real criminals..i do give them credit for the good stuff but its overshadowed by the corruption

A person is labeled a criminal because they are convicted of a crime. A crime is action that has been determined to be prohibited and codified into law. Laws are passed by the legislature. So, all cops do is go after "real" criminals.

If you dont agree with the laws then your anger should be towards the legislature who passes laws, not the police who are bound by duty to enforce them whether they agree with them or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The issue I have is that the "good" police do NOT police the "bad" police in most cases..

What are you talking about? EVERY police officer that you hear is charged and convited of misconduct has a police officer behind the investigation that lead to the charges.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

They were trying to run their bikes into people.

What are you talking about.

The police had every opportunity to run someone over if they wanted to. They did not because that would be inappropriate.

Stop being rediculous.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Metal Head

It usually only turns violent after the police show up. Provoking isn't against the law, police are supposed to remain professional, somehow driving down the street on motorcycles intentionally trying to run over people is exactly the opposite.

They were standing in the middle of the street. This is illegal in New York City. So instead of immediately starting to mass arrest people, they drive down the street to get people to get out of the street.

I think police are oblivious to the fact that the people outnumber them ridiculously, and if we ever gathered our real numbers all their tactics would be meaningless.

I think that the majority of people are watching this on the nightly news and think the protesters are out of control when they engage in this type of behavior. In fact, I think most of the protesters realize that this type of behavior is not only rediculous but also detrimental to the cause.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Before everything is said and done, the people who serve on the police force or in the military will realize that they are part of the 99% as well. When that happens, those running the show will finally realize they have lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join