It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Occupy Wall Street - NYPD Gone Wild - Attacking Protesters With Motor Bikes" video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Okay, well the youth are the ones who will inherit the country, so that must suck.

What makes a talented protester?

Just because a couple of people decided to yell at the cops doesn't make the entire group subject to your scrutiny. From what I can tell, this has been a VERY peaceful protest, for the amount of people involved.

What are you doing that is so American, Domo? Serious question.

If they anger you to the extent of calling American citizens un-American, start a counter-protest... There is nothing un-American about violence. We can't deny that fact.
edit on 8-10-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Okay, well the youth are the ones who will inherit the country, so that must suck.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I'm probably the same age as the protesters, what sucks?

What makes a talented protester?

I knew someone was going to get cute with the word decent.

Just because a couple of people decided to yell at the cops doesn't make the entire group subject to your scrutiny. From what I can tell, this is been VERY peaceful for the amount of people involved.

I agree that the protests have been largely peaceful. I am speaking only about the dirt bags that start stuff with the cops, go out of zones where they are allowed and disrupt peoples lives.

What are you doing that is so American, Domo? Serious question.

Lets see... working, paying taxes, volunteering, voting, and I'm involved with local politics on a small scale. What does it matter what I'm doing do I need to prove myself before commenting on a discussion board?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
reply to post by Domo1

Just because a couple of people decided to yell at the cops doesn't make the entire group subject to your scrutiny.

a simplified and standardized conception or image invested with special meaning and held in common by members of a group: The cowboy and Indian are American "stereotypes."

history always will say otherwise

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

they are not going to achieve anything.

This WILL be remembered.
You WILL NOT be allowed to "forget" this remark.
There will be NOWHERE to run nor hide from what you just said.
This thread is now going in my favorites list and it WILL be revisited in the not so distant future.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

they are misguided youth.

Amazing you could possibly know the ages of EVERYONE there.
Does this go for ALL of the protests going on ALL OVER THE COUNTRY??
If so, I am flattered.
I am one of them and I am 38 yrs old.
I didn't realizr I was still considered a youth.

It is becoming painfully obvious that you are a "repeater" and have only the talking points fed to you by what little coverage there is in the MSM.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Fair enough, just asking questions. You don't get anywhere if you don't.

My issue is this;

I open a live feed for Occupy yesterday.. Yet the opening ad was one of Wal-Mart's... So... Why would the feed providers be accepting money from the same forces that they so oppose? I just smell BS in the air all around, I personally think that this is being handled carefully so that it DOES get out of hand, I think that is why there has been a media blackout. Come on.. MSM knows that we can get information off of the internet, somebody is trying to piss us off.. It just doesn't sit right with me...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

and I'm involved with local politics on a small scale.

Might explain some of your views..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

You don't need to see their identification
These aren't the protesters you're looking for,
They can go about their buisness.
Move along.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Right to PEACEABLY assemble. I hope hose jackasses all get locked up. They are behaving like fools and making their movement look awful to real Americans everywhere.

I agree as well, I am seriously amazed at the serious disconnect being displayed by many of the supporters.

Freedom fighters?

Really?

On the plus side, the restraint shown on the part of the police has been incredible.

Judging by the conspicuous absence of anything remotely similar to police brutality whatsoever (getting maced for failing to comply with a peace officer does not rate), many of the protesters are inadvertently making the case for how well the system actually works.

Its really too bad the comic irony seems lost on so many, the entire "movement" all the way from its lack of any defining agenda to its impotent martyrs are shaping into social satire at its finest.

Theater of the absurd indeed.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: Sp

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

This WILL be remembered. You WILL NOT be allowed to "forget" this remark. There will be NOWHERE to run nor hide from what you just said. This thread is now going in my favorites list and it WILL be revisited in the not so distant future.

That is just precious. You are a little quick to anger on this issue, yes?

Amazing you could possibly know the ages of EVERYONE there. Does this go for ALL of the protests going on ALL OVER THE COUNTRY?? If so, I am flattered. I am one of them and I am 38 yrs old. I didn't realizr I was still considered a youth.

I know I've been mercilessly trolling you protest fellers for awhile and it's getting to you. Why is a middle aged man so crazed over protecting the protesters? You really support the actions of the people in the video? That's too bad.

It is becoming painfully obvious that you are a "repeater" and have only the talking points fed to you by what little coverage there is in the MSM.

Implying that anything you've said hasn't been spoon fed to you by people on a conspiracy website or 'alternative news' source. I don't watch TV dude, I'm not being coached by anyone. You remember back when the tea party was a good thing? Same thing is going to happen to this occupy stuff. Started out great, I was a supporter. I give it 2 months before it completely fizzles out or is absorbed by the democrats.

I really love you angry internet types that take everything seriously. Like when I said I loved watching women get maced... The delicious tears that spilled forth sustained me for days.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Please remember that police are under extreme stress right now. Many or even most of them have never dealt with anything like this. It's tough on all of us.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm sorry but those guys (protesters) are doing it wrong!

Don't walk so loose / spread-out... stick together, form chains when the cops engage.

The scenario in the video was a classic "bait and switch" approach by the police...
Engage -> harass -> disperse -> single out resistant individuals -> arrest.

This is just stupid

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Be open minded for a second.

The protestors have a really good reason for protesting. If a protest happens in my area, I would be happy to go out (quietly) and protest. They also have the right to assemble.

On the other hand you have cops, who are totally inexperienced in this type of situation, who probably feel very overwhelmed. They are outnumbered and have people heckling them. It's very stressful, possibly dangerous, and everyone reacts differently, or overreacts, in extreme stress. Cops are people too.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
post removed by staff

I find your response ignorant and funny. Please explain to me, where on that video, you saw a skull being cracked.....I'll wait patiently for you to come up with a reason for blatantly lying.
edit on Sat Oct 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

post removed by staff

Are you 12? And lets not pretend for a second that a cops only job is protecting the wealthy. They are protecting everyone INCLUDING the protesters. If they weren't there those people would be flipping out and getting themselves killed.
edit on Sat Oct 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah mate, I cherish being superior on an anonymous site. And sometimes it only requires one line to point out the obvious.

From what I've seen your posts ALWAYS only require a line or two. Hell you even ignore my question in your response. Whats so wrong with my views and how is my being involved in politics a problem? Was your intent to imply my not being more involved leads me to be ignorant in my views?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

I find your response ignorant and funny. Please explain to me, where on that video, you saw a skull being cracked.....I'll wait patiently for you to come up with a reason for blatantly lying.

i wasnt refering to that video, im talking about police actions in general
im sure you do find it funny but reality is your no different from me or anyone else..and your special rights are just a scam brought by the people that control this world

please tho answer the question:
what will you do when the government cant pay you because its in debt to banks?
will you join the cause?
edit on Sat Oct 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: nested quote

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join