It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

www.huffingtonpost.com

The House Judiciary Committee passed a bill yesterday that would make it a federal crime for U.S. residents to discuss or plan activities on foreign soil that, if carried out in the U.S., would violate the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) -- even if the planned activities are legal in the countries where they're carried out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok...I know it's from the Huffington Post, but it one of the many sources I like to get news from.

The US wants to draw up a law that would make planning activities that are legal in a foreign country, while in the US, illegal. For example you and your partner are planning a trip to Amsterdam and plan on hitting some of the hash bars. You both could be arrested and charged just for PLANNING the trip...even tho it is perfectly legal over there!!

I understand that the US has really been overstepping it's bounds lately, but this is just ridiculous. I mean talk about "Thought Police"!! Someday soon, someone is going to stand up to the US and it isn't going to be pretty.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
DERP!!!! me am stoopid! search function iz best friends. LOL SORRY!!!!! I just got so uppity when i read this article!! I apologize for the duplicate thread.

feel free to delete. I shall never post before searching again!!

I go to the box and feel shame now.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

we need to stop the us from making laws that effect people globally
just yesterday i posted a thread about monsanto using us law to force natives in chile to use their gm plants and not be allowed to collect seeds
this is a disgusting trend that is going to see the world get hamstringed if we dont take action
that thread can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by iNkGeEk

just yesterday i posted a thread about monsanto using us law to force natives in chile to use their gm plants and not be allowed to collect seeds
this is a disgusting trend that is going to see the world get hamstringed if we dont take action

But then you feel it is ok to force Global Warming policies on the whole world but not global illegal drug trafickinglaws?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
They can try to enforce US laws here in spain, and they should try here in mallorca, so I can be close and laugh right on their faces...

Re-reading now I see its meant for US residents only?
I really start to feel sorry for you yanks, about time to stand up and fight.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Saltarello because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Fart Tax is the next global law to be passed.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
They can try to enforce US laws here in spain, and they should try here in mallorca, so I can be close and laugh right on their faces...

Re-reading now I see its meant for US residents only?
I really start to feel sorry for you yanks, about time to stand up and fight.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Saltarello because: (no reason given)

From what I can garner from the many treaties already singed among UN nations is that if you commit a crime in a country that singed some of these treaties and they don't file a case against you, the US can file a case against you. A US Citizen is under the law of his native country and the visiting country when within the visiting nations boarders.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

its not necessarily drug trafficking...if I plan a trip to, lets say, Amsterdam. And i'm on the phone talking with my friends that I'm going with to plan a backbone itinerary...and we mention that we will have to check out the hash bars or red light district. No biggie, right? I mean that's completely legal in Amsterdam. But because I was planning it while here in the US, I could be arrested and jailed or fined or both. Just for making plans on US soil to do something that is totally legal in the country I am going to visit.

That's not right! Now if I were planning on smuggling in 5 keys of sweet sweet hydroponic kind or mushrooms or something...that I understand because that is against the law IN BOTH PLACES. But if I do something that is completely legal in the visiting country, whether I planned on it in the US or not, I should not be labeled a criminal as I didn't do anything illegal.

Or how about this scenario...My kid is visiting in Europe and gets a cold. They call me to ask what medication they should get and i tell them Sudefed or something like that. They go and get something with ephederine in it. They didn't need to show ID or anything to get it. Now because all of that stuff is behind lock and key here in the US and you have to show ID to purchase it...I now face the possibility of arrest because I suggested Sudefed for a cold medicine, from the US, to my kid in a country where they don't have to show ID for it.

Really?!? That makes me a criminal?!? That the bass ackwards thinking of this potential law.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by iNkGeEk

But then you feel it is ok to force Global Warming policies on the whole world but not global illegal drug trafickinglaws?

we wouldnt need laws if we just used renewable energy..
drug traficking is the least of the worlds problems and this is just a law to get the small fish not the big ones

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Existing thread here:

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join