It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It will now be a crime in America to do things in foreign countries that aren't crimes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

A buddy of mine went to China several years ago. He does not plan on coming back.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
police state much!!!!!! i dont see how now, in our information age, we can have one small body dictate what the rest of us "have to do." "all men are created equal" my ###.
if that is the case, ALL of us get a say in the law making process. a direct say, not voting for some one in a "party" who may or may not reflect MY views. the system is a lie and a joke. it is time for serious change in america! i know the topic is somewhat taboo on ats (i dont know why) but if i wanna smoke i should be able to smoke.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well here is just another sped following a backwards political agenda, that is happy to maintain his status as a pathological liar and eager to spit in the face of truth. This isn't the first time Congressman Lamar Smith has been in the hotspot for his ridiculous claims of "the devastating killer weed' . NORML gave him hell in the summer for his fight against Ron Paul's marijuana decriminalization act , and now he goes for this kind of draconian horse****??blog.norml.org... It seems like the bigger the push for sensible laws , the bigger the shove back to keep the idiocracy well oiled and running.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just another reason I will return to Moldova as soon as is possible. Moldova is a former soviet republic but at least I feel free there. Capitalism is busting out all over, no preservatives of any kind in any of the food, the best wine in the world, things are sweetened with real sugar, I can go to the pharmacy and get 99% of my medications without a prescription and a lot cheaper than here.

I am beginning to think all the old communists have moved to the states and taken over.

If Zero gets elected again... the U.S. is finished.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So...basically.. Pre crime is going to be illegal now?

IF I decide I want to go to Holland and smoke, just the mere thought that I want to go to Holland and smoke is illegal?

Just hell no. But really good luck proving that anyone planned it... Would we not just say that it was a spur of the moment thing?

And besides, if we did go to another country and do something that is legal there, how are they going to get us in trouble for doing something legal in an area they have no jurisdiction in?

Are they going to be waiting for us at the Airport terminal when we get back?

More policing the world BS.

The US is so prudish and repressed in so many ways, it is freaking ridiculous. Well, I should say the US government is. The people are not so repressed or prudish... and that is showing more and more every day, as the government continues to try and get us under it's thumb.

Well, the harder they push the more it pushes us away.... really. Shame on the US government. They are so out of touch with the people and reality and it pisses me off.

To the US government. Despite what you may think. Your reach does not extend the world over. If a person goes to a country, that is not the United States, they are in that countries Jurisdiction. Not yours.

Thought is not a crime. Thinking about going to a country to do something that is legal, is not a crime. Going to another country and doing something legal, is not a crime...

So back off... The American people are getting sick of it. Just take a look around. Cities all over the nation are occupied now.... We have woken up. Despite your best efforts to keep ups drugged and asleep.

We have woken up and we are extremely grumpy.... That tends to happen when some one pokes and prods you in your sleep.

But hey, keep on poking us now that we are awake. It's already led to nationwide protests.

edit on 8-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
in other words, people are quietly EXPATTING left and right from USA before curfew, martial law, concentration camps, and mob assasinations are implementing and us as the 'sovereign world police state' is rubbing its arrogance power in

in other words, you can run but you can't hide, 'wherever you go, we will fock you over'

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
You people NEED to get out.

Forget your so called loyalties, you guys are dead men walking in the US.

This law looks like a double edged sword. It will give the US working power to get people (US citizens) in other countries without the need for a warrant.

You will be terminated by your government or locked up. Either way YOU lose. Get the **** out of that toilet NOW!!!

So where will they go if they can be knocked off anywhere in the world . . Thats a tall order though although proberly not impossible .
This needs a lot of thought now as all the loopholes are being blocked for americans . You can come here , but aussies are a little antagonistics towards americans now as they see the US as dominating our own country policy .

We are allways friends though with the people .

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
WE ALMOST need a save the US citizens refugee programme ...You guys need to sort out your country , really . These laws are absurd and your food laws too .

What a mess this all is .

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
This is precisely the kind of thing I was expecting and also the reason I expatriated a few years ago.
I even threw my passport in the ocean.

If they keep being douchy I'm gonna go all the way and relinquish my citizenship totally.
No one in America ever believes me when I tell them I have more freedoms in this country than I did when I lived in the states.

Even as a second class citizen I can do whatever I wan so long as it's legal. Even the immigration office knows I am not paying my fees to their office.

You know what they told me?

"Just don't do anything that breaks the law and you will be fine." What a riot!

edit on 8-10-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you. I expatriated 3 years ago. I feel I have more freedom outside the US as an immigrant than I do inside the US. The only thing I miss is Mexican food. I have no intention of returning permanently. The rest of ya'll are welcome to it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Anybody else think George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' is starting to play out?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Moldova sounds great . how cheap is it to live compared to US prices . great wine , great food is all you need in life really .

I think your choice is very wise one to return . So the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence after all . maybe we should all encourage tleaders of the still free countries of the world with some praise , so they know they are doing a good job .
Afterall everyone wants to know they are loved and respected . As soon as you know you are not recieving any love or respect from others you usually turn on them . Thus you see how easy it is to control certain mindsets like people already prone to want to controll others , like police and military personal . So more positive praise in how you want to see people behave may get a lot better response .

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Well since I am not Moldovan it is not a case of coming here looking for greener grass... I am American and I lived in Moldova for the past 6 years.. came back to the mess here in the states.

We keep electing "mentally disturbed" people to high office and its destroying the nation.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

I see . well heaps of people think the USis greener pastures and flood into the country . Ideally it was once .I just read that news article and really the problem is that there are way too may silly laws . The whole law structure should be broken down and taken back to simple use laws again

drugs are the problem of people who take them and most people take them...drugs is just a very powerfull money maker due to all the prohibitive laws . otherwise it purely be the cottage industry that it has been in the past .
So laws create wealth for certain sections of the society and thats why we have the OWS movement .

It all about too many laws if you break it down
have a good life in Modavia

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
And go where? The UK is swathed in cctv and in level of police state control that hitler would aprove of. Canada is the UK's lap dog so not much better there.

That's not even remotely true and to be honest, it is offensive, moronic garbage. I can tell you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about...

It's also quite ironic that you should accuse the UK of being a Police state, in a thread about the US charging it's citzens for "crimes" abroad that are legal.

As for holidays to Amsterdam, I'd get them in quick. As of next year, it will be illegal for "tourists" to enter the coffee shops, although I am not sure if this applies to EU citizens as we should be able to enjoy the same rights and priveledges as the citizens of the country in question...
edit on 8/10/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There's no where to run to.

All the governments are in cahoots in some way or another.

And they all want to "control" people.

So no matter where you run, you will still eventually have to stand up for yourselves.

Tyranny has us surrounded, see.
Make a stand now, right here, together.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
How is this not a violation of free speech?
Planning to do something where it is legal is NOT conspiracy.
Conspiracy involves planning to do something illegal, where it is illegal.
This is so absurd!!!

It's either a back door to create a president for a "Thought Crime" or it's a law in search of a problem.

... I just can't figure someone waking up in the middle of the night saying to themselves; "Dang it, you know we made Pot illegal, but what if someone were to PLAN to go to California and smoke some medical marijuana for a party -- and like, have fun and stuff and they would not be punished when they got back!"

The pretense of PROTECTING the peace or anything for that matter is out the window -- it's the THOUGHT that matters.

And yes, it violates free speech.

It also means, that WRITERS of books who THINK about doing drugs and then putting it in their story are BREAKING THE LAW. So basically, this inviolated about Constitutional 3 articles -- maybe more.

>> It's probably a way to MAKE jobs at prisons, however, so there is that.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Don't you love how Republicans were voted into Congress to create jobs and this is what they come up with?

Well done Righties, you voted in a bunch of children who will probably end up destroying this country more than Obama ever could have.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

That's not even remotely true and to be honest, it is offensive, moronic garbage. I can tell you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about

The U.K has more CCTV cameras per square mile than any other country. To deny this is embracing ignorance.

You know it, I know it, the whole of the U.K knows it.

I can't even begin to wonder what world you live in Stu, you seem to think we live in a perfectly developed society.

All this began with the Tories in the early ninties, was progressed by Nu Labour for thirteen years and is now being finalised by the Con-Dem Nation. The U.K has lost its Soul and as long as we stay here we are Con-Dem ned to a life of stripping of the Middle Classes, thereby leaving nothing to aspire to. University Fees, Child Benefit being taken away from certain earners, VAT increases and House prices falling, is leading to a two tier society. The working classes existed to frighten the middle class and keep them working and managing said class. Unfortunately this class is being eroded and will soon be part of the lower echelons of society.

Unless you were born into the Elite classes (I'm guessing you were) then your life experience will start taking a tumble within the next eighteen months.
edit on 8/10/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm confused. I don't really think we are in a police state. I've never been sent to a detention camp, I've never dealt with a cop unless I've been going 20 MPH over the speed limit - at that point I deserve it because I'm putting other people in danger, I've been caught with drugs and not punished at all, and who knows what else. I feel like people get fear-mongered into believing things are really bad. They connect together imaginary puzzle pieces and see a hypothetical 'big picture.' I do have to say, the DMV and having a driving license is inexcusable. I buy myself a car - so I should damn well drive it whenever I want!! In India barely anybody even has insurance. Ah well.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
I'm confused. I don't really think we are in a police state. I've never been sent to a detention camp, I've never dealt with a cop unless I've been going 20 MPH over the speed limit - at that point I deserve it because I'm putting other people in danger, I've been caught with drugs and not punished at all, and who knows what else. I feel like people get fear-mongered into believing things are really bad. They connect together imaginary puzzle pieces and see a hypothetical 'big picture.' I do have to say, the DMV and having a driving license is inexcusable. I buy myself a car - so I should damn well drive it whenever I want!! In India barely anybody even has insurance. Ah well.

How would you know if the U.S had been taking over by a Military Coup?

It could easily keep the same systems in place, only the elected President wouldn't have any say on Military occupations continuing, Military Detention Camps remaining (Gitmo) and the rhetoric remaining hostile (i.e Iran and Syria), despite the fact that when running for election the opposite was being promised.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join