It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got back home from Occupy the Fed Dallas/Occupy Dallas. with pics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I just got back home from the Occupy the Fed Dallas protest. Turnout was more than a few hundred people from what I saw (I arrived a little after 5 but I heard people were out there for hours before). Quite the variety of people there. Most signes were End the Fed related/anti-bank, along with Anonymous (the Guy Fawkes masks to), Ron Paul, and more anti-government. Alex Jones was on the mega phone, doing interviews, and shaking almost everybodys hand there. One of the funniest things I heard him shout was....

"You know why the police brought out the gang unit??? Because they also know that the biggest gangsters in America are the bankers and the Fed!!!!!"

I wasnt able to catch all of his speeches, but they should be up on youtube pretty soon.

Unfortunantly, OccupyDallas didnt really show up. Almost all of them decided to stay and protest in Pioneer Park. A couple groups of them decided to show up though, but not very many. The Occupy Dallas groups stood on the west side of Pearl Street, while Occupy the Fed stood on the East side (where the Fed building is). You can see the Occupy Dallas group a little bit in the 2nd to last picture.

The police again were very respectful. They stayed on the sidelines for the most part, plus they halted traffic when some of us needed to cross the road.

That was pretty much the jist of things earlier today. Completely peaceful protest, no violence no arrests, atleast from what I know of. I havent been hearing much about how OccupyDallas is doing at Pioneer Park, other than the police said its okay for them to camp out again.

Oh yea, there were quite a few beautiful women there to.

(Pics were taken on my phone, could have been better but its better than nothing)
edit on 7-10-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

ETA - Forgot to say we, Occupy the Fed, stretched around most of the east and south sides of the Fed building. Also, I will put some videos up if I can find any either later tonight or tomorrow.
edit on 7-10-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
S&F for posting this and being a citizen journalist reporting what you observed in truthful and unbiased way I really appreciate it, I don't log in much any more..but decided to log on when I seen your post. Keep up the great work Cheers Coco

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Thank you. I will most likely be going back down to Dallas sometime in the near future, possibly next week at the earliest, and will be with the OccupyDallas crowd. I will be taking pictures again, and hopefully I will be able to have a video camera with me to.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

We should all be as a courageous as you are buni..kudos to you..Cheers Coco

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Did you ask anybody any questions on why they were protesting?

or better yet what results they expected to achieve by protesting?

I'm starting to get the feeling that these occupations are filled with a bunch of followers who are being told what they should be protesting about or demanding.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Looks like the real original tea party infiltrated this OWS rally. Good for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Did alex try to be the center of attention? Very hard to keep everyone involved if there is one man ranting his thoughts on a bullhorn.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Could be. Though in fairness -- that's pretty much the same thing ignorant people say about those who volunteer to serve in the Corps as well. I try to have a more positive image of my countrymen, but YMMV.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ah Alex Jones, the fear mongering voice for controlled opposition. Nice to see that he's out and about.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Did you ask anybody any questions on why they were protesting?

The majority consenus of Occupy the Fed Dallas, was they wanted to end the fed, or at minimum, audit it. I wasnt able to speak with any members of the Occupy Dallas on the other side of the road today.

what results they expected to achieve by protesting?

They want to bring as much attention to the Fed as possible, and ultimately, end the fed.

From what I have been hearing from friends at the Occupy Dallas, there still isnt a single "concrete" demand yet. Next time I get the chance, I will ask Occupy Dallas the same questions as above.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Did alex try to be the center of attention? Very hard to keep everyone involved if there is one man ranting his thoughts on a bullhorn.

For the time I was there, Alex spoke every 20-30 minutes on the megaphone, giving about a 5 minute speech each time and the rest of the time was given to other people. The message was basically the same as Alex's, but I think Alex inspired the protesters the most.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
S+F Buni. Thanks for the pictures and commentary. And, thank you, American to American, for showing up.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Thank you for the response and the thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thank you for your service.
I mean that with all of my heart.
You and everyone who attends these protests are American heroes
and will go down in the history books as such.

So again,
thank you for your service and keep on keepin' on.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here's a video from the OccupyDallas at the Federal Reserve on Thursday.

For a reference of the numbers Occupy the Fed had for today (atleast when I showed up, a little after 5pm), we had a good clumped together group that stretched a good bit farther to the right of the screen where the barricade ends in the very beginning of the video (where the officer is standing) and stretched all the way to where the DPD SUV is at 1:22 in the video. Plus we had some stragglers on each side.

(Barricade is what the metal fence is called, right?)
edit on 8-10-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Looks like Dallas' turnout has a different feel than in some other parts of the country.

Not only are there rattlesnake flags (connected with the Tea party, and flying on front lawns in Texas), but I also spotted a "Cannon Flag"

(A white flag with a cannon, without carriage. A lone star above the cannon,
and the words "COME AND TAKE IT!" under the cannon. You can see part of it in the 7th pic)

For folks from elseplace, the Cannon flag was made by the militia of Gonzales, Texas, when the government of Mexico came to confiscate a cannon originally given to the Anglo settlement to repel Indian raids. The Mexican government sent in troops, and fired first at the Texians who had stood in their way.

The event is often referred to as "The Lexington of Texas".

Here it has overtones of the right to bear arms, and the fact that government always fires first. (A la Waco).

It was also the spark that fired the Texas Independence movement, The first time.

edit on 8-10-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: there's always a little bit more to tell

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I like this!! this could mean left/right are putting nonsense aside for the common goal,.....hopefully..

imagine what we could accomplish if we attacked washington/wallstreet/fed on the same page and left our other minor differences to the state level?? this country might very well be back on track in no time.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I'm starting to get the feeling that these occupations are filled with a bunch of followers who are being told what they should be protesting about or demanding.

Easy there. Followers? You mean the courageous people who are standing up for your rights? Correct? The ones you call followers are just as aware of the world around them as you are. The are just pro active about it. Nobody's forcing anyone to be there protesting. But....Old people are losing their pensions, Health care is too costly; life and death decisions are made based on the $$$ they can charge you and bill insurance and government. middle class are losing their homes and jobs and the younger generation are over educated and have no job prospects. The People see a future not so bright. They are mad and they are just not going to take it anymore. They want a change of course. A new way of thinking about people first and profit last. I for one, hope it happens sooner, rather than later.

edit on 10/08/2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Awesome awesome awesome. I am from Dallas myself and plan on getting up there ASAP.

Glad I missed Alex Jones though.... he can go away.

edit on 8-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Awesome awesome awesome. I am from Dallas myself and plan on getting up there ASAP.

Glad I missed Alex Jones though.... he can go away.

edit on 8-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

you're an upper-tier poster here, any chance you can get pics/vids?? if not no big deal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join