It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you wanna know what #OccupyNewYork is saying? This guy says it!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

This is just a guy at #ONY saying it how it is!

* Military Industrial Complex
* we need smaller Federal government, bigger state gov so the people can be heard
* End the Fed
* Bring back gold standard/end fiat money
* and much more!

Nice to finally see a single face standing out with a message, along with tens of thousands out there with signs

#OccupyNewYork
#OccupyLondon
#OccupySanFrancisco (#OccupySF)
#Occupy....

THE WORLD! We are the 99%

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seriously one of the best rants by far... Been posted up on the Live Stream a few times inbetween live feeds...

A thread was startedhere But I support this video getting seen over and over and over again

Another great video from a protester right here

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can't say I agree with EVERYTHING he says...
but there's certainly a lot of indisputable truth in there.

It's nice to hear someone from the "Occupy" movement that actually knows what they're protesting against... I suspect a lot of people don't... and there seem to be a lot of people who are trying to hijack the movement to push their own agendas, which disturbs me.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I saw him.Great.
I have seen many,including my own occupy here in Louisville.
I got one message.
Bear with me,cause I have been spreading it around.

If you’re looking for a major cause of the current banking meltdown, you need seek no farther than the 1999 repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act. The Glass-Steagall Act, passed in 1933, mandated the separation of commercial and investment banking in order to protect depositors from the hazards of risky investment and speculation. It worked fine for fifty years until the banking industry began lobbying for its repeal during the 1980s, the go-go years of Reaganesque market fundamentalism, an outlook embraced wholeheartedly by mainstream Democrats under the rubric "neoliberalism."

Obama and McCain . . . have accepted a substantial amount of campaign money from Wall Street bankers, investment and securities firms and their executives during this election cycle. Investment firms have donated $9.9 million to Obama and $6.9 million to McCain this campaign thus far, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Commercial banks have given Obama $2.1 million and McCain $1.9 million. Private equity firms and hedge funds have given Obama $2 million and McCain $1.4 million, according to CFRP. Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co., UBS and heavyweight law firm DLA Piper are among Obama’s top contributors. JP Morgan acquired Bear Stearns with the federal government taking on as much as $30 billion Bear assets as part of the deal. McCain’s top donor sources include Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and Blank Rome and Greenberg Traurig LLP law firms.

From 2008.
www.counterpunch.org...

A great global change has occurred. The trigger was the Russia-China agreements. Americans, now smelling at least the possibility of a future, have taken to the streets to claim back their republic. Congressmen are rising up to fight for Glass-Steagall. And Obama is now going the way of the doomed trans-Atlantic system, into the dustbin of world history.

www.larouchepac.com...

Sorry,I'm tired,but there you go.
Re-instate the Glass-Steagall Act and bring the troops home.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I truly despise this video.

Right out of the gate, his taught thought of gold being money is off its mark. Commodity demands are not naturally being created in our system but are being manipulated so further investments are made to drive this number Higher and Higher until the rug is deliberately pulled.

WONDER WHO WILL WALK AWAY WITH THAT HEFTY CHUNK...????hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Star and flag great video Thermo Klein he doesnt sound like a whiney hippy.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
No no no. According to what I am reading on some other threads around here about Occupy WS, the protestors are all liberals with an agenda. HA! NOT.

Cain says he thinks the whole thing is staged.

Thank you Mr. Smart there in that video, whoever you are. It appears you have just proved Herman Cain dead wrong.

I have nothing against Mr. Cain- just that he's....well...dead wrong.

So I've been going out a lot more lately. Talking to people on the street. US government: you got serious problems. And just about EVERYONE is talking about it. Tonight I was talking to an older Navy Seal, who did three tours in NAM. Man, that guy knew more about the crap the US government does than me! Man, he's ready to fight. The people are ready to fight. Enough IS enough. Yeah, we are America. We hire the WORST possible people to run this place. Crooks, thieves and warmongers. Just like Hotel California. "You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave." They ain't leaving.

And once the revolution happens, another set of crooks, thieves and warmongers will take over.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

This is just a guy at #ONY saying it how it is!

* we need smaller Federal government, bigger state gov so the people can be heard
* End the Fed
(emphasis added)

Funny, that.

He's "just a guy" at the OWS NY who happens to espouse Tea Party ideals!

Wonder why he gets "face time" from the MSM?
Wonder if he speaks for the rest of the "99%"?

According to "this guy:
#ONY

* End the Fed

According to Tea Party movement:

* reduce tax burden on middle class that funds 'Military Industrial Complex'
* "States' Rights: 'we need smaller Federal government' so the people can be heard
* Audit and 'End the Fed'
* eliminating Fed "blank checks" will 'end fiat money.'
See this thread:

Ron Paul Talks about the OWS movement

Originally posted by MysticPearl
One of the differences between Ron and other politicians, is that he often talks freely about how not only does the government abuse its power and not follow the rule of law, but also how it effects, and will effect each one of us as our civil liberties disappear if it isn't put to a stop. No other politicians seem concerned, nor would I believe them if they said they were.

So, if "this guy" is offered-up as "representative," please explain how people supporting the OWS movement can so easily ridicule the Tea Party movement's basic principles.

Hypocrites? Two-faced? Inconsistent?

jw

edit on 8-10-2011 by jdub297 because: e. a.

edit on 8-10-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join