It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet House Speaker Zhirinovsky talks about Doomsday Weapons the Soviets possess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I found this article that mentions Soviet House Speaker Zhirinovsky talking about several different doomsday weapons that the Soviets currently have in their possession. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Zhirinovsky, he is a Russian politician who threatened Great Britain with nuclear attacks due to disagreements over trade issues. He has made other threats mentioned in the article and is known for being a real hothead. He is also rumored to be making a run for the presidency.

Those familiar with the Russian political arena may have already heard the name Zhirinovsky associated with his outbursts, such as his 2008 threat to use nuclear weapons to flood Great Britain over a trade disagreement. Now in 2011, the official who holds enough popularity to stand up to the rigors of reelection is making a bid for Moscow and the Russian Presidency.

In the article he makes some wild claims as to weapons which the Soviets possess.

Text In addition to threats to use nuclear weapons openly several times, Zhirinovsky has made reference to Russian super weapons in the past, including the mysterious Elipton device, which Zhirinovsky claimed would be able to wipe out an entire city if fired.

have uncovered other weapons of mass destruction now in space, including a weapon that kills with sound sending it down and killing entire armies.

Is there any known mechanism that could create a tsunami to cause devastation on such a large scale? Earthquakes are the primary cause of Tsunamis, so what Zhirinovsky might be talking about is a sort of "ray" that fires an energy to excite fault lines and cause plate shifting within the Earth.

www.unexplainable.net...

One of the things that keeps countries with nuclear power from using their WMD's is knowing that other countries will use theirs, thereby keeping one another in check, but this knucklehead is just crazy enough to use them.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

Surely you mean the Russians...

,,,the Soviet Union ended 20 yrs ago.

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

"Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing. "

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Geeze.... If this isn't the real life script to Crimson Tide, what is? The guy just hasn't grabbed true power yet. I do believe I have warm feelings about Putin after this nut job. Wow.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Similar thread from last May?:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the general consensus is that he is not right in the head, but I skimmed the thread(s) on him months ago, so my memory may not be intact.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Your right, sorry. I.m 50 yrs. old, so to me, they'll always be Soviets.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
this guy and his threats are old news.

theres already threads on this with video included.

he claims they have a weapon that will wipe out a whole nations population. he says theres no pain it puts everybody to sleep and they never wake up. he also made statements that seem like claims to authorship of whatever caused the EQ/tsunami in japan.

russia has scalar tech, according to dr.deagle. as for the claims from this guy i would bet they are skewed, he probably is just another version of sorcha faal...but even disinfo has its hints of truth if you know how to sort through the bs.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Zhirinovsky is a drunk; an out of control drunk that likes to go on television, drunk, and make drunken threats. I woudn't take anything he has to say seriously, but it does concern me that he is still trusted to work in government.

ETA: Proudbird reminded me.

Did I mention he's a drunk?
edit on 10/7/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

After watching a few years of Boris Yeltsin, I got the distinct impression that being a drunkard isn't necessarily seen as a dis-qualifier in their system of politics. Then again, Vodka seems to be the official national beverage for all occasions and no occasion at all. Different systems. This guy can threaten nukes for all and here, a single scream knocks Dean out of politics for life. Very different systems, indeed.

new topics

top topics

join