It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP build a list of demands for OCCUPY WALLSTREET Here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The list is quite simple:
America can no longer tolerate the current system, which has been an open wound to the global economy for far too long. The Federal Reserve can no longer be allowed to exist. Its purpose is fraudulent and should immediately be dismantled, and its members placed under review for inevitable legal recourse. The act of lobbying must be made illegal, as they are the purveyors of the corruption, which has swept Washington as of late. Those in office should be made to hold their finances (whilst in office) to public audit, allowing every man, woman, and child in this country to track their income and spending in both business and personal matters. Accepting money or gifts from a corporation (twice removed or otherwise), either before or after being in office should be punishable by immediate seizure of said gains and imprisonment. A Political position should also be a nonprofit one. Once elected, officials will be placed in state/nationally provided homes, where they will reside and be fed till their respective terms are complete, after which they may return to their former place of residence and occupation before being elected. A cap must be placed on all offices of power, limiting men and women, as Presidents are limited from being career politicians, to a term of no more than two to four years. Being a politician should be an incredible inconvenience. One should want the position for the purposes of instigating change, not for financial gain. Financial Market CEOs should not be allowed to sign off on their own bonuses, specifically at the expense of their clients and companies. Matters such as corporate income should be decided by [all] shareholders, no matter how small their company stake. Change the policy that allows American corps to place “made in America” tags on items that were manufactured on ‘American soil’ in foreign countries, by foreign workers. Reform tax law, doing away with personal income tax, maintaining income tax on companies making more than a certain level of income each year, while taking an equal percent of sales tax from everyone. You will be taxed by the extravagance and luxury you live by. Corporate tax deductions should include environmentally positive production, maintaining a domestic (complete) workforce, and pouring corporate profits back into the company for the sake of expanding and upgrading.
As I said, the list is simple. The enactment is where things get a bit… complicated. The rules have been put in place by the government to protect these One Percenters, and the rules cannot be altered as long as these “elite” few control the men and women who make up the laws for this nation, after all, who do you think wrote the legislation that our faux officials put into place? As long as politicians and corporate elites exist, the rules will never change. They rule the roost. Perhaps it’s time to introduce a few foxes into the hen house.

edit on 7-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If all else fails,just post it on their facebook page,or actually go to your local Occupy,like I do and share the knowledge.
You would be amazed at what they know and how intelligent the group is.

Yeah, that is a good point. I have taken to watching their live stream in New york and the guys they have speaking are pretty damn smart. Also, the few interviews I have seen on ATS are pretty good.

As opposed to the even fewer I have seen on the news.

One I heard on the radio was laughable... It was beyond obvious, the censorship.

They were interviewing this one guy locally at Occupy Dallas. He started out saying he was wearing a suit because of the impression being painted about them being just a bunch of no good hippies, in weird clothes...

Then he started to go into the reasons for the occupation, the demands, goals etc..... They cut him off two sentences in and went immediately to the next story. Two sentence about what OWS was really all about.... and they cut it short... As if they realized... Oh wait... This guy knows what he is talking about... RUN!!!

It was so obvious, I had to laugh.
edit on 7-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Free pizza, and booze for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us drunk and fat and they (1%) wont
have to worry about a thing...

(chicken wings a + but not a must!!!!)
New chant =)
edit on 7-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

It depends, how much is your soul worth?

Well... I sold it once back in 99 for concert tickets.... and again in 2004.... for half a mallomar...

^ yay for obscure Family guy reference...

Tried to sell it again last week in exchange for Megan Fox falling in love with me... But that didn't happen...

So either my soul is now worthless... or I am just beyond hope.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Geez Op, you make it sound like the OccuBaggers are terrorists holding the country hostage.
You ain't helping their cause any.
The only thing I ask of them is to make sure they clean up after they are done.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
1. Immediately reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act
2. Cease all military actions around the world and freeze defense spending.
3. End the Fed. [The Federal Reserve]
4. Then Audit the Fed. [The Federal Reserve]
5. Treason as capital offense for any politician convicted of taking a bribe and any lobbyist, company, etc convicted of bribing them.
6. Eliminate all money from politics, make it an act of treason to lobby or attempt to control politicians through donations/bribes.
7. Place a cap on all campaign spending and prohibit corporate donations.
8. Repeal the Patriot Act
9. Disband the TSA.
10. Freeze the printing of Federal Reserve notes pending a completely independent audit thereof.
11. Place a temporary moratorium on all new administrative rules and regulations.
12. Place a cap on all campaign spending and prohibit corporate donations.
13. Place a tariff on all goods being imported into the country.
14. End the free trade agreements that have taken jobs from this country immediately.
15. Abolishing the current tax system, and creating a simpler and fairer system, making it so that both business and citizens can function.
16. Demand tax reform that includes an equal percent of taxation on everyone, so as too eliminate class warfare. Then when tax rates rise, they rise on everyone equally.
17. Demand a balanced budget amendment.
18. Give the states back their rights as they are defined in the Constitution.
19. Audit the Gold in Fort Knox.
20. Prosecute Bankers and Politicians and Corporations that tried to kill America.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccupyPlanet

5. Treason as capital offense for any politician convicted of taking a bribe and any lobbyist, company, etc convicted of bribing them.
6. Eliminate all money from politics, make it an act of treason to lobby or attempt to control politicians through donations/bribes.
9. Disband the TSA.
10. Freeze the printing of Federal Reserve notes pending a completely independent audit thereof.
11. Place a temporary moratorium on all new administrative rules and regulations.
14. End the free trade agreements that have taken jobs from this country immediately.
15. Abolishing the current tax system, and creating a simpler and fairer system, making it so that both business and citizens can function.
16. Demand tax reform that includes an equal percent of taxation on everyone, so as too eliminate class warfare. Then when tax rates rise, they rise on everyone equally.
20. Prosecute Bankers and Politicians and Corporations that tried to kill America.

A good start.
Kind of like breaking your back.
It happened,now it's time to fix and let it heal.
It will be a long,painful process,but the outcome will be good.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
A list of demands? hahahahahahahahah That is FUUUUUUN-NY! And, by chance, who is going to "listen" to your grievances? Satan??? All our problems are NOT their fault. Sorry!!! Fact is....it's OUR fault...for letting things go so far. Actually, if we're gonna put the blame on someone, let's blame our parents....for not taking a stand, against corruption, when THEY had the chance. Now that your arses are in a sling...you want to put blame on the ones we 'think' are responsible? Oh, so it's the bank's fault that people BORROWED, and agreed to pay back the loans...PLUS interest...but failed to live up to their end of the deal? hahahahahahah Does ANYONE know what a CONTRACT IS???? It's the bank's fault that you couldn't help your shopping sprees; spending money you didn't have, on things you couldn't afford???

Maybe your grievances should be a FAIRER CONTRACT! Other than that....you are S.O.L. (sh-t outta luck). They're NOT going to give you a 'refund'. YOU breached the contracts....not them!

You know the really funny part, the B.I.B.L.E. warned us of the dangers of borrowing....but people skipped over those parts; they were too religious for all that mumble jumble!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Wow. While I tend to agree with you about contracts being contracts and need to be honored as such, there is so much more to this than defaulted upon mortgages.

The entire banking system with its fiat currency, fractional reserve banking, derivatives, insider info, shorting the market, credit default swaps and on and on and on.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OccupyPlanet

A cheeseburger in paradise!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

9. Disband the TSA.

DAMM Dude that was awesome!!!! keep it up!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

9. Disband the TSA.

Awesome. I think you cover a good portion of what the people are rallying for\against.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccupyPlanet

1. truth about Tesla / free energy devices to remove the electric bill all together.
2. truth about scalar wave technology to the public
3. truth about anti gravitational devices
4. this is on ATS so; disclosure about extraterrestrial and life on other planets.
5. to worry about the human species as a whole, instead of individual countries/ races.
6. preserving our planet a WHOLE lot better.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
1) I think that the bankers who helped themselves to our money and taken advantage of the American people, should be brought before a judge.
2) Politicians should not be able to take money from corporations and lobbyists. They are so focused on money that they are no longer representing the people.
3) The rich people who are screaming for tax breaks so they can create more jobs should have to show what jobs here in the U.S. they have created since we started this trickle down policy. I believe the jobs they are creating are going overseas.
4) Banks need to start helping the peoiple who saved them. Help with small business start up loans, refinancing of morgages for people in danger of losing their homes,students trying to go to school.

I know this is a crazy idea but wouldn't it be nice if overnight the U.S. Government printed a new dollar and made all the old money no good. Then make everybody exchange their money and if you can't show where and how you got your money, you can't exchange it. Any money held by old rich families have to show how their family earned that money and if it was gotten illegally, they lose it all. I know crazy idea with a lot of flaws.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

What do you think the Occupy Wallstreet movement should be asking for?

Post it here and i will compile the results and we will discuss the importance of each.

I look forward to this

Let's remember what the OP requests and stay on topic.

OWS (might as well get used to the abbreviation) is going to discuss our ideas. So let's keep discussion down to a minimum on this thread and supply our ideas.

I think the basic, fundamental, underlying demand should stay really simple:

START TELLING THE TRUTH.

And the next demand would be:

CONTINUE TO TELL THE TRUTH.

To my mind, what all these abuses and excesses have in common is dishonesty. It has become totally OK to lie to each other, our parents, our teachers, the police, our employers, our employees, our supporters, our investors, and the citizens of this city, this state, this nation, and this planet. What we need now more than anything is a decision to start telling the truth.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
As far as this thing taking off without a plan, it wouldn't be the first time. Look at the last election, everyone was walking around talking about change, but when you asked them what kind of change, they gave the deer in the headlights look. Just change, you know?

Anyway, my thinking is this: for the movement to encompass the greatest majority of people, the demand(s) should be simplified to a lowest common denominator. I don't think a great long list is the way to go here. Whatever it is, it needs to be the main artery, one thing that will effect change on other levels.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
All donations to all political campaigns must be through a independent fund manager system where the politicians never know where the funds came from.

If the politicians don't know what money came from who or what companies how can they then be beholding to the person or company.

The politician then can never be held to vote for or against any bill just to please someone that gave to there campaign if they can never tell who gave what.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
A list of demands? hahahahahahahahah That is FUUUUUUN-NY! And, by chance, who is going to "listen" to your grievances? Satan??? All our problems are NOT their fault. Sorry!!! Fact is....it's OUR fault...for letting things go so far. Actually, if we're gonna put the blame on someone, let's blame our parents....for not taking a stand, against corruption, when THEY had the chance. Now that your arses are in a sling...you want to put blame on the ones we 'think' are responsible? Oh, so it's the bank's fault that people BORROWED, and agreed to pay back the loans...PLUS interest...but failed to live up to their end of the deal? hahahahahahah Does ANYONE know what a CONTRACT IS???? It's the bank's fault that you couldn't help your shopping sprees; spending money you didn't have, on things you couldn't afford???

Maybe your grievances should be a FAIRER CONTRACT! Other than that....you are S.O.L. (sh-t outta luck). They're NOT going to give you a 'refund'. YOU breached the contracts....not them!

You know the really funny part, the B.I.B.L.E. warned us of the dangers of borrowing....but people skipped over those parts; they were too religious for all that mumble jumble!

Wake up you have a lot of learning to do... and if your quoting the bible, then you need to read more too and get out of the house a little and walk around your local Occupy place.
edit on 8-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: more

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U

I got satan in the basement tied up as a gimp, i tricked him, told him he could find jesus here, he came over, i clubbed him over the head, got him in his zipper leathers and in the cage he went. He says if i let him out on holloween, he will protest down on wallstreet.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Abolish all Presidental Exceutive Orders, stopping the black box money flows. It's time to start over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join