It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction, Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I created this user a while back now but have failed to produce as much as a comment on a thread so far. So my first step was to reread the ATS introduction, to get started - again.

My first thought being - did I give to much info in my name alone. Because they (being, who ever writes the introduction thread) clearly warn against sharing personal information. But, I am not paranoid. There is plenty of weird information about my life which is already on the Internet, and I doubt anyone cares much.
If anyone, who does not know me, is dumb enough to worry about how I spend my time, they are too dumb for me to worry about.

So - who am I. I am a young man from Denmark. Small, cold country, located north of Germany, and south/east of Sweden, in Scandinavia. The past few years I worked as a night porter (that would be a nightportier - for the sophisticated crowd). It is hard work, no doubt about it. But I feel I have learned and experienced a good lot from that job - about foreign cultures, about human interaction in general, and way more then I needed to know about the follies people indulge in when they are away from home. Nonsense indeed.
In my spare time I enjoy creative experiments. See - I am, as I recently discovered, actually not very creative. BUT, I am however very curious - and this is the reason why I have returned to this... hmmm.. let's say alternative forum. Hah, I'm kidding.
I have been reading the bulletin boards, since I heard about ATS, in an article about Robbie Williams back in 2008. I think.
ANYWAY - the reason I finally decided to post my introduction was because I actually wanted to share a picture with you guys. But I can understand that it would be inappropriate for me to do, so I won't. I will however still give a brief description of it before I continue:
It is a drawing I made. It is kinda an optical illusion, with sort of an art deco feel to it. I have drawn a few optical illusion before, simple shapes (which this one also is) but always from a reference. So once I completed this one all on my own I was a bit surprised, especially because it did not look as any optical illusion that I have ever seen before. So, its not that I think I have found anything new, but I was simply hoping that there might be someone with a bit of mathematical now-how, who might be able to give me a comment on what is going on in the figure. I might just be blinded by my total ignorance of math, and I would not be surprised if there is nothing to comment on. But it looks really pretty.

And back to me..
I am very interested in creating a better future. I have great passion for philosophy, anthropology and psychology. I am constantly thinking of improvement, a habit which originated in my late teens. I felt like I was complaining to much about everything, so I challenged myself not to complain about something unless I was completely sure I knew that there was a better alternative. This way of thinking can be recommended.
I have a lot of strong and relatively radical ideas about how I think society should function. I do not feel the need to go into detail about how I vote, but I would like to share some basic ground rules I have established for myself.

1. The best way to convince someone else that your ideas are correct, is to show them in praxis.
2. Never treat anyone like they ought to know that they were wrong all along.
3. No one is always right.
3. There are no such thing as good or evil. Anyone familiar with the concepts of nature vs. nurture and determinism should know what I am talking about, and should accept this.
4. If you impose your ideas on people it does not matter how good they are, if the people are not with you, you will fail. (for help on convincing people about your ideas - return to paragraph 1.)

As one last thing, I just wanna give a shout out to some of my homeboyz - Tesla, Ghandi, Twain, Vonnegut, Owen.. keep it real. Peace!

PS.. I hope I will eventually get around to post my drawing.. and if you can't understand what I write because of the spelling - Who cares..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Well that was a deep insightful blah of nothing...Can we see the picture now!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Welcome.

Look forward to your contributions, and any insight you are willing to share with us.

You may have to learn to develop a bit of a thick skin here, but it sounds like you already have the wisdom to deal with all sorts of characters.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thank you for the warm welcome, everybody.
I am flattered that anyone at all took their time to read my little ramble. Feels good.

reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

It is against my better nature, that I share this picture now on this thread, for all sorts of reasons. It might not get the attention I originally hoped for, I think it's the wrong kinda of thread for this topic and I am afraid of being chased down by an angry ATS mob with torches and pitchforks.

But here goes. My amazing optical illusion thingy.

Thoughts, anyone?

new topics

top topics

join