It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Medical Center gouging to the patient ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I,ll run it down as briefly as possible .

Calgary Alberta Canada has walkin medical clinics called &^$&*$#^()&* . My employer requires a APS ( Attending Physicians Statement ) form to be filled out if your going to off work for over 4 days . No problem in getting one , however the current fee today was $110.00 and it is going to be up past the $150.00 range next week .

Holy freaking crap batman . I thought the $35.00 fee for a note was high but this is getting out of hand . I am not sure if your going to be feeling the same effects in your location but it may be on the way at the clinic or doctors near you . Yes the doctors have you by the short hairs on that one . Just like the bankers , but you still need their services .

So please keep your ear to the ground if you need forms filled out and any costs involved .

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I live in the US and not familiar
with the laws, etc where you live.
So are you telling us that you
have to pay $110 to the clinic
to get a sick excuse for your employer.
How insane, that is just about
the only thing free here from a Dr.
Of course we have to go see the
doctor and let him see we are
sick but he writes the note for
nothing. I don't think the laws
in the US have changed, I haven't
needed a doctors excuse for ages
so maybe its the same here now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The price today was $110.00 for a more detailed reason , $35.00 for a prescription pad note . Thus next week they are jacking the price way up there . Years ago they used to charge you $25.00 just for seeing the Dr but they had that removed by the gov as extra billing was unfair to the patients .

join