It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Obama not portrayed in ANY Hollywood Movies???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I mean I think the only movie he was portrayed in without it actually being him was ironically 2012.

What gives? How many movies portrayed Bush?? Or Clinton?

Has Obama bought the media so much that only late night comedians on comedy central can portray him in any light?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
to answer your question, 1 and 1

and they were both post-presidency

why do a movie when you don't know the ending yet ?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Why is Obama not portrayed in ANY Hollywood Movies???

Because directors want to make money.

On a more direct note the only pres. I can think of that were portrayed in a move or stared (in resent times) in one was Clinton in Contact and Bush jr in Harold and Kumar. The only other black pres. in a movie that comes to mind was Morgan Freedman in Deep Impacted. Here is something to ponder on. Why are 2012 and Deep Impacted the only 2 movies in most resent time that had a black pres. and the end of the earth? Kind of make you wonder whats down the road. But Obama has only been in office for 3+ years and what has he done to make a movie about besides getting the Nobel Prize just for showing up. P.S. I forgot Nixon in The Watchmen.but I didnt care to much for it.
edit on 7-10-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
if you count movies such as independence day or maybe airforce one as presidents portraying bush and clinton or rather white presidents and such there have been several involving black presidents such as idocracy (lol pun intended), deep impact, the fifth element to name acouple. Im sure in the next several years especially after his term there will be several involving him as president.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Tahuti because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

He was "in" the latest t=Transformers movie.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Offending Obama while he is still the sitting President seems quite determental to one's future business plans. Ask Standard and Poors among other recent recipients of Obama's 'evil eye'. I'm thinking we'll see quite a few after he leaves office...assuming all goes well into 2013 of course. They won't have to care about offending a man even they are coming to seriously dislike here recently.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

According to imdb the character "Bill Clinton" is in 16 movies.

According to imdb the character "George W Bush" is in 37 movies.

According to imdb the character "Barack Obama" is in 12 movies.

and a few more random ones...
Richard Nixon = 33
Jimmy Carter = 9
George Washington = 64
John Tyler = 2

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The reason is plain and simple.
The goal of Hollywood has always been to make movies that are popular.
Given that King Obama is to crap as King Midas is to gold, I don't think Hollywood is willing to take the risk.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

He is one ugly MoFo that's why....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
He needs to be a u.s. citizen to get a screen actors guild card????

I keed! I Keed..
Wasn't he in "Spartacus"?
edit on 7-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

How many movies portrayed Bush?? Or Clinton?

During their presidency? I cant think of any.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
He was in an episode of Doctor Who (End of Time)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Obama appears in the last "Transformers - The Dark of The Moon".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Obama appears in the last "Transformers - The Dark of The Moon".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I mean I think the only movie he was portrayed in without it actually being him was ironically 2012.

Has Obama bought the media so much that only late night comedians on comedy central can portray him in any light?

Wasn't 2012 made BEFORE Obama won the election?

Hollywood likes to have non-obvious Presidents so that it doesn't tie a movie to a particular era, the only exceptions are comedies, parodies and biopics.

24 had a black President a long time ago and then in 2007/2008 gave us a female President.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hey dude..."are you looking for him in a movie"???...i didn't know people were looking for him in the movies.All you have to do is TURN ON THE FREAKEN T.V.He is LIKE on it ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Do i need to see him there tooooooooo!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe he will be in an upcoming SAW with his staff and Czars. Of course it could be something as simple as an episode of COPS or America's Most Wanted.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I know it's not a "movie," I think it's a mini series, but what about "The Event," doesn't that count as a Hollywood portrayal of Obama as POTUS? Of course it was cancelled, which just reinforces the assertion made by some posters in this thread that no money can be made portraying him in a movie. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The first season of 24 had a black president, before Obama was elected. It seemed like an obvious way of getting the public used to the idea of a black president.
edit on 9-10-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The first season of 24 had a black president, before Obama was elected. It seemed like an obvious way of getting the public used to the idea of a black president.
edit on 9-10-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

That or they wanted to put a popular character into the White House for extra drama, especially considering Bauer's friendship with Palmer while he was a Senator and how he'd disobey orders to protect his friend.

Second option seems and is more likely if we're looking at it intelligently and rationally.

They were even asked if President Taylor was just them trying to show support for Hillary Clinton's intentions to become President in future and they said "no, we had a black President, where else could we go?". Plus with a female in charge, we had two seasons of extra drama that a male character just wouldn't have made realistic.

People just think way too much into these things.

new topics

top topics

join