It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What love has become

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Message body

Take a minute and just surf some blogs all you will find is bored housewives blogging about there latest batch of cookies or there last vacation. I guess that is what interests people these days. No one will probably ever read this but it will forever stand as a record to the despair of our world and times.

The world has become closer to a hell than it has ever been simply because we humans live in it. If a mighty God rules us then why doesnt he just come down and smite the many oppressors of civilization. It seems the only thing that makes people happy these days is to buy everything they can to make themselves happy. Or get that high power job so they can feel like they are in control of their lives. People are so out of control they do not even see the people's lives that they are destroying. This is my warning do not fall in love with anyone unless you willingly invite pain and misery in your life. Your friends do not really care about you they only care how you make them feel or what you can do for them same goes for your spouse. After 3 children 3 failed relationships a lot of drugs and therapy Ive decided that love does not exist. Ive spent 15 years searching and fighting for it and everytime I find it it beats me to a pulp and spits me out.

If only I had the strenght to give up and just be alone maybe i could be happy. But the world outside of my current relationship is so cold and uninviting I would rather die than face it alone. I will stay with a whore who cheats on me because I am to weak to face the world alone. Mostly because I cant earn any money despite having a strong body and much endurance my mind will not let me be someone elses slave. There is no pity for a man like me im just a lowlife built to serve others no one will ever serve me no worker no wife no kids. And if I go back to america they will throw me in jail for not paying child support I have a camper waiting on me with no electricity down in the Georgia heat. I guess its time to just give up and live like a peasant or forgive a nasty slut to whom I am worthless. If anyone out there ever reads this Ill take criticism or advice tell me how wrong I am and ill tell you how the story goes. Love is a fable of old crushed by the new human mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What's true for you is not true for everyone.

The only good thing in my life is love, and it is the only thing besides pain that has never wavered.

Edit: It sounds like you are really down right now and I can understand that, my friend, I truly can. Don't give up. That's all the advice I can give you. Never give up.
edit on 10/7/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sorry to say this but you need to find your inner strength - and you do have some. Everyone has. Most of us need life to be tough before we can locate it and develop it.

It's like a physical muscle - you don't just get fit and strong mentally and spiritually. You have to work out. I discovered that the hard way, believe me.

Another thing you need is to learn to compromise. There's an old saying about the tree that bends with the wind not being the one which breaks.

Most of us are or have been wage slaves. Most of us didn't like it much, but it's more to do with working for complete pratts than objecting to hard work - for me anyway. I enjoy work, so long as I know what I'm doing and can expect a good result for my efforts. I only get despondent when I'm floundering about with no direction or hope of success.

You need a plan. Honestly, 99% of the battle is won if you just know what it is that you want. Make up your mind, then go and do it. But without knowing what you want, you'll not achieve anything.

The world can be really hard and uncaring. I found that out as a sixteen year old when I naively left home and trotted off to fend for myself. Let me tell you, life is easier in many ways if you have friends or pets BUT life is even more easy if you can rely on yourself.

Take it on the chin if no-one cares about you. So what. Be the person you want others to be for you. Listen to yourself when you're miserable and act to cheer yourself up.

Find anything, any little thing each day that makes that day worth living. I can remember a time when seeing a blackbird on my way to work used to put things right in my world. I saw him hopping about in the park and those few joyful moments gave me a break from my customary misery.

I can remember another time when I'd sit down, once a week, with my favourite comic, a bar of chocolate and a cup of coffee. That would give me a 15 or 20 minute break that I was grateful for. Not least because I was happy that I could afford it.

Please, don't sit and fester thinking that you can't do anything or that you're stuck. I'll be really mean now - if you're a strong, healthy man then you've no bloody excuse not to make something of yourself. Many thousands of people would love those advantages. If they had that 'ball' they'd run with it.

It's your life, you can make decisions. You just have to make wise ones. And obviously the decisions you are making at the moment aren't the right ones for you.

So, bite the bullet. Come out here in the cold with other people who who found the strength to break ties with people who were just dragging them down. It gets warmer when you start to make new friends and create a successful new life

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
you may not believe me, you may only think I am being 'nice,'

but I love you.

I love you so much because I understand the pain you are going through. I understand the hurt, the confusion. I can't tell you everything is going to get better though, only you can do that.

But I can make you a promise: You can be whatever you want. That may sound campy, may sound cliche, but it is true. I have had my share of heartache, of depression, whatever you want to call it...but one day I realized, I didn't want that girl back, I didn't want those friends back, I didn't want those drugs... I just wanted to be happy. Period. And my happiness is not dependent on anyone else. And it never will be again.

Stay strong, brother. These are tough times we live in, but everyone here is playing out their purpose. You are needed. These lessons you are going through can make you stronger, if you allow them.

Again, much love.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I will agree most of the world is hell but what most people dont realise is that it has to be, without the bad we cant ever truely know the good. but you cant let the bad get to you so much everything just happens you just have to learn to deal with it and move on with your life in what ever form is best for you and you have children its your job to be strong for them not to say you cant feel sad but you have to live your life the way you would want your children to live theirs i ask you one question when they grow up would you want them sitting here on a message board dwelling on their past instead of moving on and living their lives? im sorry if i sound cold but its only the truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Love is chemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate.

Or so I have heard.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You sound as if you've given up hope of ever having anything better than you do, or anyone who truly loves you. We have all been there my friend, so please don't feel alone.

Loneliness is a terrible thing and I understand being with someone, ANYONE, just so you aren't alone. But I honestly believe that things can be different.

After many failed and dysfunctional relationships I finally realized that I was always choosing the same a$$hole over and over again...He may wear a different face and go by another name, but inside he was always the same guy.

Don't stay with someone just because you don't want to be alone...You will be lonelier with the wrong person than you will be if you spend time on your own. Get to know yourself, become the kind of person you want to be with and learn to recognize the right girl when you meet her.

Just don't give up. I learned that I got what I thought I deserved...And when you decide that you deserve better, that's what you'll get.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Love is chemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate.

Or so I have heard.

Lol the devils advocate, one of my favorite movies of all time and a great quote aswell!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

Grow up and man up! Thats all I've got to say for you!

If you are looking for sympathy, you've come to the wrong place! You deserve none. Three kids to three different women? How did that work for ya? You should had learned after the first one yet you went on and had two more......obviously you don't have a clue what real love is. Poor kids!
edit on 7-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I got an answer for U my friend...if U can't find any love int his world to fill your voids...

Next time just pay for that luv...Much easier....

Also,,get some cohones and stand up to that woman..U would be surprised how they will back down. Don't ever let a girl be in charge. They are naturally submissive.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You sound like you are in a lot of pain and given up hope. Their is goodness out there and people that can love and trust. You have to find them, and find yourself in the process.

I would suggest to look within yourself, and see why you have vibrated toward the type of people that you have in the past. Look for honesty, truth and decency.....it does exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom
You sound as if you've given up hope of ever having anything better than you do, or anyone who truly loves you. We have all been there my friend, so please don't feel alone.

Loneliness is a terrible thing and I understand being with someone, ANYONE, just so you aren't alone. But I honestly believe that things can be different.

After many failed and dysfunctional relationships I finally realized that I was always choosing the same a$$hole over and over again...He may wear a different face and go by another name, but inside he was always the same guy.

Don't stay with someone just because you don't want to be alone...You will be lonelier with the wrong person than you will be if you spend time on your own. Get to know yourself, become the kind of person you want to be with and learn to recognize the right girl when you meet her.

Just don't give up. I learned that I got what I thought I deserved...And when you decide that you deserve better, that's what you'll get.

If I stay in America, having anything better than me just won't happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally I wasn't going to log in and post on here, but after reading what you wrote I had to. You and I think alike, friend. I agree on most of what you said, mostly involving materialism. Don't know about love though I've never experienced it. It's a sad and cold world we've been brought into man, good luck with the rest of your life.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Quote the raven.

nevermore

www.heise.de...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thanks for everyones words im not here in search of sympathy not really even sure why I wrote it. I was in pain when I wrote it. I really just do not believe in love right now not between adults anyways I mean you can love your kids but nothing is guaranteed anymore. I guess i sold myself a lie believing that some things are pure and true maybe for some people but not for everyone i guess i thought i was one of those people. But I am keeping on and im only worried about making me and my kids happy right now and im going to quit trying to fill an empty hole with love because it will not stay full.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
ive been were you are mate, i forgave my ex many times for her indiscretions and stayed with here because i was afraid of being alone, but she did it one too many times and i said 'thats it', i walked out. i was depressed for a while but i payed child support and did what i had to to get along, now im with someone else, and i realised what it feels like to be treated with respect by some one that loves you. dont give up, do what youve got to do and it will work out in the end.... good luck

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
After loving and losing a few times, I feel i may never be part of the romantic love portrayed and wanted by most the general public for however many years. I think the closest thing I will equate to love now is my general want to help all of humanity, indiscrimiately of who they may be. Then again there are different kinds of love, so It
s whatever you choose to experience really

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I also must say that the hardest part for me is finding the comfortable spot between being alone and being with people. I am a huge hermit, But I have friends who deeply care about me and never let me spend to much time alone, even if I wished to. And If I do neglect friends and people for too long I experience something akin to loneliness, albeit not the same type I read about or here others talk of. I think it requires one to be fully accepting of themselves before they can be comfortable not needing the love of others to exist. I dont know who would want to exist like that,, but it also shouldnt be a necessity

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I love love and welcome love into my life.

I am very happy and have my one true love in my life. He is and has always been there for me.

Love isn't easy and it takes work but when two people really love each other it will and can work.

Love is pain! What would be love without pain?!

I see that someone hurt you and Im sorry

I have been hurt or shattered shall I say in the past but I knew that love was out there for me.

I know many feel they need to be alone but to me it's just seems like a defense mechanism not to get hurt or let others into your life.

I hope you find happiness and true love

AS for the crap on tv...dont even get me started on that! I can't stand it and i think it is a HUGE part of the problem in today's society on how people treat others in relationships!

new topics

top topics

join