It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glockroshin

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Why does the Bible say that when you die,you sleep,they come to mourn your grave and you know nothing?

Because your body is dead and your spirit is not there anymore. When you die your spirit goes to heaven to wait until the resurrection day.

Then your spirit is shot back into your grave so you can come out of the ground to meet Jesus in the sky?

Then why is there a"judgment day"?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Why does the Bible say that when you die,you sleep,they come to mourn your grave and you know nothing?

Because your body is dead and your spirit is not there anymore. When you die your spirit goes to heaven to wait until the resurrection day.

Then your spirit is shot back into your grave so you can come out of the ground to meet Jesus in the sky?

No your spirit does not go back into your old body, you get a new body. Your old body returns to the dust and on the resurrection day your spirit goes with the Lord to rescue the last of his children that converted during the great tribulation whereupon you get your new body for Jesus 1000 year reign on earth.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Then why is there a"judgment day"?

Judgement Day is the very end when the Law is fulfilled and those who were wickid will be cast into etrenal damnation in the lake of fire and those who did good works and were saved by Jesus Christ gain eternal life. Judgement Day is a coming full circle event where sin is destroyed and the law becomes fulfilled.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Glockroshin

..What about "The Seal of God" written upon the saints forehead only?
Are you implying "the saved" don't have to actually be good but just think good thoughts?
A ridiculous idea, in my opinion, if that is what you think, that people do evil while thinking good.
I think you are seriously stretching the metaphor beyond its breaking point.
I don't see the connection being made in Revelation between the seal and the mark.
The seal looks to be a designation. Apparently a difficult determination to make, if angels were required to pick out a specific number of people to represent somehow all the tribes.
Genesis 26: 24
. . .fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake . . .
edit on 8-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

How you worship determands who you worship=(or obey and follow).Speaking about Hell and end times,the Bible says"Many are called but few were chosen,as it was in the day of Noah,when only eight were saved"...For some reason,it's saying only a few make it.

What that statement "many are called, but few are chosen" means is that Christ will call many souls to him, they will hear his call and obey (accept him as savior), the few that are chosen are those he calls to do his work, like preachers and evangelicals. The "chosen" will be the leaders of Christ's followers, the shepherds to lead the Lord's flock until his return. There will always be more sheep than shepherds. It doesn't mean that only a handful are going to actually be saved. Everyone who calls on the Lord shall be saved (meaning ask forgiveness and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior).

Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:13 "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Joel 2:32 "And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls."

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Are you implying "the saved" don't have to actually be good but just think good thoughts?
A ridiculous idea, in my opinion, if that is what you think, that people do evil while thinking good.
I don't see the connection being made in Revelation between the seal and the mark.
The seal looks to be a designation. Apparently a difficult determination to make, if angels were required to pick out a specific number of people to represent somehow all the tribes.
. . .fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake . . .

The seal of God is what you believe in and follow aka your fruits/actions...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

How you worship determands who you worship=(or obey and follow).Speaking about Hell and end times,the Bible says"Many are called but few were chosen,as it was in the day of Noah,when only eight were saved"...For some reason,it's saying only a few make it.

What that statement "many are called, but few are chosen" means is that Christ will call many souls to him, they will hear his call and obey (accept him as savior), the few that are chosen are those he calls to do his work, like preachers and evangelicals. The "chosen" will be the leaders of Christ's followers, the shepherds to lead the Lord's flock until his return. There will always be more sheep than shepherds. It doesn't mean that only a handful are going to actually be saved. Everyone who calls on the Lord shall be saved (meaning ask forgiveness and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior).

Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:13 "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Joel 2:32 "And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls."

Then why does it say only 8 were saved?Sounds to me like barely anyone makes it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The seal of God is what you believe in and follow aka your fruits/actions...

Indeed it is. The seal of God is in your forhead (where your heart is) and in your right hand (which you work from, or your actions, the "work" you do).

Yes you have the correct meaning for this statement.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Glock may be referring to the 144,000 Jews who are "sealed" and protected from the Great Tribulation and from Hell. He may need to elaborate more on this one too. Glock, it would help if you actually posted the verses you were referring to.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

No your spirit does not go back into your old body, you get a new body. Your old body returns to the dust and on the resurrection day your spirit goes with the Lord to rescue the last of his children that converted during the great tribulation whereupon you get your new body for Jesus 1000 year reign on earth.

So if you are in Heaven before judgment day you have no body? I want you guys to know that my questions are honest and without malice.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople
It is not God who sentences us to Hell, it is ourselves.

It is your choice, not God's. That's the beauty of it. If you don't want to participate in the challenge, you don't have to. You can allow yourself to seperate from God's plan and eventually allow yourself to truly die.

Interesting, ask yourself these questions, or anyone who feels that we send ourselves to Hell:

Did God create Hell?

Did God create the rules and criteria in which a soul is judged?

Does anything happen that doesn't go according to God's Will?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Then why does it say only 8 were saved?Sounds to me like barely anyone makes it.

That was what happened with Noah, that is not what is going to happen to us.

Luke 17:29 “Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven".

Matt 24:37-38 "“But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be."

Gen 6-7 "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,”

What these passages illustrate is that there will be evil times before the Lord returns, that men and women will eat and drink (drunkeness) marry, and go about their daily lives and commit fornications and adulteries etc. oblivious to the coming of the Lord, they will not be ready for they will have ceased to believe that he exists and all knowledge of him will pass from them.

It is true that not all men, women or children shall be saved, because they will not be the believers and there are many, many, many times more people on this world in this day and age that do not believe versus they that do. Only a percentage of mankind will be saved. It doesn't literally mean that only a "handful", that is just an analogy because people in those days had no concept of millions or billions so they couldn;t give a solid percentage because they didn't really know. Who is saved and who is not is between those people and the Lord.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Lonewolf, what happens to the bodies of the ones who are rescued during the Great Tribulation? Do they get new bodies as well and we all live together here on earth during the Millennium? I guess I'm still trying to understand the reason for the Millennium. If everyone who's going to be saved is already saved, why have it? Will those out of the Great Tribulation have their mortal bodies to multiply? What are your thoughts? I know nothing is written in the Bible to give us the exact answer, but I really want to know what you think.

Based on your explanation to Glock, do you not believe in a rapture?
edit on 8-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Indeed you are a spirit, you have no body. You do not get your new body until the resurrection. This does not mean that you are dead because you are not. God is a living God, he is not God of the dead. The dead are just the empty shells of our former bodies, for all intents and purposes "you" are still alive, just no longer housed in the rotted and shattered husk of your corrupted body. Those that were saved go straight to Jesus, those who are not go straight to hell where they await the resurrection of Judgement Day (hell is a prison, built for the fallen angels, but man gets sent there too if he doesnt repent) and it is on Judgement day they will reach the final judgement and go into the lake of fire.

So if you are in Heaven before judgment day you have no body? I want you guys to know that my questions are honest and without malice.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This came to mind, anyone familiar with the Apostles' Creed.....??
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen

Jesus himself descended into hell..........................makes you think..any thoughts??

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen

Jesus himself descended into hell..........................makes you think..any thoughts??

This gets confusing, doesn't it?? That's why I love this link!

www.gotquestions.org...
edit on 8-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yes...but I can not stop.

Thanks for the link !
edit on 8-10-2011 by Minori because: rude..forgot my manners

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Lonewolf, what happens to the bodies of the ones who are rescued during the Great Tribulation? Do they get new bodies as well and we all live together here on earth during the Millennium? I guess I'm still trying to understand the reason for the Millennium. If everyone who's going to be saved is already saved, why have it? Will those out of the Great Tribulation have their mortal bodies to multiply? What are your thoughts? I know nothing is written in the Bible to give us the exact answer, but I really want to know what you think.

Those believers who get saved during the Great Tribulation will be raptured up to the Lord before armageddon begins, the dead rising first and then the living. They do not get new bodies until Judgement Day because they failed to accept the Lord before the first rapture. You see there are not just one rapture, there are two rapture events. Those who esacped the Great Tribulation in the first rapture are the ones who get the new bodies and get to experience New Jerusalem on earth. The experience of New Jerusalem (Jesus' millenial reign on earth) is the reward for those who heard the Lord's call before the tribulation, so in a sense it is a kind of punishment for those who failed the first test. They will not get to experience New Jerusalem, they must wait in heaven until the Lord returns to heaven. Now after the destruction of the old earth and old heaven, they will get to participate in the new earth and new heaven.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Glock, the "8" that were saved were Noah and his family during the time of the Great Flood. Since then, Noah and his family have repopulated the earth. The whole story of Noah and flood is in the book of Genesis.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori

Jesus went into hell to take the keys of death and hell from Satan (the angel formerly known as Lucifer), but not before he took the thief who asked his forgiveness and to remember him to paradise. This was a 2 pronged attack on Satan, to snatched up the keys of death and hell from Satan and then free the captives in Abraham's Bosom which was a waiting ground for those who believed the messiah would come before Jesus died on the cross. Abraham's Bosom and hell itself were separated by a giant chasm that could not be traversed, so that the damned and the believers would not be mixed together. Jesus' sojourn into hell was a rescue mission.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join