It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

where did you get this from?

Sure friend, of course I will post where I got this from:

Proverbs 1:24-27
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will LAUGH at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Psalms 59:7-8
7 Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?
8 But thou, O LORD, shalt LAUGH at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.

Psalms 2:4-5
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall LAUGH: the LORD shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Psalms 52 shows more laughter, including me laughing at people

P.s. Don't bother discussing anything Biblical with jmdewey60. He doesn't believe the Bible at all and has on multiple occasions claimed he was his own final authority in matters of faith, and not the Bible, as he said here:

Last post on this page
"Your point being . . ? that because it exists, then God must have willed it so, and now we just submit to this unsaid decree? Ridiculous! Yes, I am the ultimate judge, at least in my own mind." - jmdewey60

edit on 17-10-2011 by KJV1611 because: more verses

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

. . .has on multiple occasions claimed he was his own final authority in matters of faith, and not the Bible, as he said here:
Please tell us all about your experience of how God told you that He wrote the King James Bible and it is all 100% pure His Word.
If no such experience ever took place, then somewhere along the road of your life, you made a judgement to pick up the King James Bible and make it the Word of God.

edit on 17-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

My main question is, how hot can hell be, a full human can become a shish kabab after a few degrees Celsius. I think of Hell as an internal struggle between our reasoning and irrationality.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Sorry but I don't see the connection between role-playing video games and a religion forum, but suite yourself.
One God created the universe, which happens to include a whole bunch of gods. A god can be a god without anyone worshiping them. If there was a god who went around demanding people worship him, that would be my definition of Satan. I don't think God, the creator of the universe demands worship. He upholds his good name and people should properly respect his good reputation. I don't see any other demand from God. Now there is another concern, which is what happens as a result of worshiping devils or satans or demons. Those things must be avoided.

jmdewey60, seriously, it's time for you to change your avatar. You're deceiving people about what the Bible says with your talk. It's obvious that you don't understand it, much less a scholar of it.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

My main question is, how hot can hell be, a full human can become a shish kabab after a few degrees Celsius. I think of Hell as an internal struggle between our reasoning and irrationality.

You do not keep your "human" body after you die.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Please tell us all about your experience of how God told you that He wrote the King James Bible and it is all 100% pure His Word.
If no such experience ever took place, then somewhere along the road of your life, you made a judgement to pick up the King James Bible and make it the Word of God.

You're about to embarrass yourself again, be careful. I never had a "experience". I simply take God at his word and believe what He said in hundreds of places in the Holy Scriptures, like this one:

Psalms 12:6-7
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

I simply choose to believe God at His word and easily can believe God is powerful enough to fulfill the above verses. You simply refuse to believe God, thus making Him a liar.

John 8:43-44
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
edit on 18-10-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

So then you admit to doing exactly the same thing you accuse me of doing, which is to be your own judge of exactly what that Word is.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You do not burn in hell forever, this is a fear tactic. The only ones who burn in hell are the beast and the false prophet. Father doesn't even tell us what he will do with them after the process is complete.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I hope hell exist (As well as heaven..) I haven't done anything bad in my whole life (As in hell-worthy bad) I don't think it has something to do with heaven or hell existing that has kept me from doing bad or good things, its just I feel if we all cooperated this world would be better..

But I am happy there is this notion in people's heads that a heaven and hell DO exist, at least it keeps more people from doing criminal acts IMO.

Although its kinda funny when I see criminals lots of times they are wearing a rosary chain.. I mean isn't it hypocrital to be commiting criminal acts (Killing, stealing and raping) while wearing a rosary chain (How is that called in english?)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by perroloco

Crucifix, is maybe what you are thinking, if it is a silver or gold chain.
The rosaries I have seen are string or rope, not chain.
A crucifix can be called that, with or without there being a corpus (or body of Christ) on it.

That would be hypocritical to commit crimes wearing a crucifix but committing crimes can be a dangerous occupation so they may want a level of spiritual protection.
I would recommend trusting in Jesus to be provided for without committing crimes.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

You do not burn in hell forever, this is a fear tactic. The only ones who burn in hell are the beast and the false prophet. Father doesn't even tell us what he will do with them after the process is complete.
I was watching a TV show (a rare occurrence for me but this appealed to me) on PBS Sunday night, Masterpiece Mystery, the premier episode of a new series called Case Histories. It stars Jason Issacs* as Jackson Brodie. There are several cases he is working on simultaneously and one was a long cold case involving at first two sisters who come to their former family house on news of their father's death. They wonder what to do with his remains, burial, or cremation. One flips a coin and looks at it and exclaims, "Burn the bugger!"
Turns out the father was abusive in a deviant manner towards his daughters when they were young, so why the callousness and Brodie ends up going to the "funeral". He says, "There's no one here" in the empty chapel. The more extroverted of the two women says, "We didn't tell anyone".

* Issacs, known for playing Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter flicks. Also in Mel Gibson's The Patriot, as the evil British Col. William Tavington. Steele in Black Halk Down.
edit on 18-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I see that you making the mistake of thinking that you know everything seems to happen frequently here? Nothing could be further from the truth.

~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

I see that you making the mistake of thinking that you know everything seems to happen frequently here? Nothing could be further from the truth.

~SheopleNation

SheopleNation, the truth is that you believe in something that you haven't even researched enough to know why you believe in it. At least I've researched the Bible. If I went around claiming that "God is the Universe" like you do, I think I'd be researching as much about the Universe as I possibly could to understand how that works exactly.

I don't know what could have possibly happened in your life that turned you from Christianity to something mystical, but I'm pretty sure that you're no happier now than you were before. You did say that Christianity helped you when you were a young man, so why a change of heart?

As I recall, you mentioned that if you ever followed me over to a religious thread that you would enlighten me on the power of the Universe. So, please do.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Misled, confused young being, The fact of the matter is, You have not even a clue about what I have researched, nor what I believe. You are stuck to the video issue like a fly caught in a web. Stop being so weak minded and open your mind. You can repeate your drivel 1000 times and it doesn't make it anymore true. The Universe does not revolve around your fairy tale beliefs that is nothing more than a fabrication 1000's of years ago by the exact people that you claim rule the entire World present day. If you contradict yourself, Like you do very often, then I am gonna call you out on it. Anyway, We have already been through this book.

Discuss my beliefs? Not in a thread about being afraid of another fantasy called hell. That would make me a hypocrite by derailing this thread like you did to the other one. I don't usually spend time in the religion forum, but I'll keep an eye out for a thread that discusses one's beliefs and I will also keep an eye out for any posts of yours discussing it. Remember, It's never personal.

Oh and uh, There is no hell. If there is, you're living it right now. Do you want to know why? Because life is pain. Don't make the mistake of believing that it is not just because modern day civilization has wiped your butt for you while creating the mirage that living is easy. Sooner or later, we all are forced to come to the conclusion that life is indeed pain. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Pain is there to teach...

Likely also the result of your own karma coming back to bite you in the ass...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nah, you completely missed it. Pain is watching the people that you love all die. Enjoy your party though. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Akragon

Nah, you completely missed it. Pain is watching the people that you love all die. Enjoy your party though. ~SheopleNation

Death is a part of life, not something that should be mourned... There was once a time when people celebrated death... Those people believed their loved one was moving on to better things.

In death you will achieve what has not been seen by man... What we all will see one day... You return to where you came from before you were born...

So it depends on how you look at death... If you believe you will end up in a box and rot for all eternity... perhaps you just might.

On the other hand if you know you are more then your body... Then the belief exists that there is something to come after death...

Perhaps as a man once said in the movies..... Death is only the beginning....

Bonus points if you know the movie

edit on 18-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Fountain.....WAIT! The Mummy! Booya! Victory! (
)
______________________________ (now you know you smiled....twice)
edit on 18-10-2011 by KJV1611 because: defeat......

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Not the movie i was thinking of but i'll give you it anyways...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Your online just like that!?!??!?! In less than 2 minutes of my post you attack?!?!? unbelievable......whole plan ruined! RUINED!!!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join