It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here's another example of my fake art which is modifying someone else's picture, here I am making this to go with my other picture I posted on this thread, on page 4, which is showing what Hades looked like. This one shows something only slightly similar to (but the closest thing I could find) one of the demons who took me there.

If anyone was interested in what it was I made this from, they could search in Google Images, Kentucky Mystery Goat Man Monster.
edit on 15-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by Deetermined
jmdewey60, I really need to understand where you were going with your response to shuruluni. Can you elaborate on that one again and why you disagree with him at the top of the page?
Nothing to elaborate on. He is just quoting from something. I don't think people who practice that sort of writing (giving quotes) should be criticizing people who do thinking. They are not the same thing. If someone wants to so criticize, they should submit for inspection, their own thinking. If I want "quotes" I can look up all I want, with the search engine of my choice, and don't need to be on a discussion forum for that. People should discuss, on a discussion forum.
edit on 13-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

People who do thinking you say?

So, for you, evidence that is based on only thinking is more valuable than one which apart from that also tries to actually give empirical REFERENCES?

That would mean, you writing countless posts here, all your "thoughts" mind you, are superior to anyone else who writes their thoughts but at the same time tries to back that with relevant sources, references and quotes.

I did NOT only post a quote without writing my opionin about it. It was the OTHER WAY around.

I first posted MY comment - then as an example of GOD making said comment clearer I posted a quote from Him.

I shall not post the whole thing about Gnosis and how it came to be (the result of some people not being able to "understand" the ultimate differences between the God shown in the OT with the one shown in the NT) - suffice it to say - at the end trying to reconcile these "differences" they created the Theory of 2 Beings - where the "God" of the OT was a cruel God, while the God Creator ("Jesus") was the "real" God.

Naturally, it never occurred to them that the reason why these two pictures of the same God were so different in OT and NT, might lay in the simple fact that the scriptures were CHANGED - they were stuck in their Belief that the Scriptures OF COURSE were the unchanged Word of God - so the ONLY way to reconcile the differences was the Theory of MULTIPLE Gods or Demigods.

This is also your main argument here presented in almost all your posts - while (Occam's Razer) the simplest solution eludes you. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE in the personality of God - it is ONE and the SAME God! The difference lies in the WRITINGS of the people who wrote the different scriptures.

They have certainly disbelieved who say, "Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.

-Qur'an, 5:72

edit on 17/10/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

empirical REFERENCES?
quite hilarious!
btw: your avatar looks like a demon, is that because that is who you worship?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

hell is just your holding cell before you are tossed into the lake of fire by The God that you rejected. (P.s. God will be laughing at you as He tosses you into hell while you scream in pain. sucks huh?)

Want to know how to escape this undeniably future? Private message me.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

(P.s. God will be laughing at you as He tosses you into hell while you scream in pain. sucks huh?)

Father will surely not be doing this. Where did you get this from?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

. . .you are tossed into the lake of fire by The God that you rejected.
Should be. . .Who you rejected.
This lake of fire comes from one place, the Book of Revelation, which is entirely metaphorical, and should not be understood literally.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS. (Matthew 25:41)

Matthew 10:28, And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:8, 9 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Matthew 13:41-42, The Son of man (Jesus) shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Daniel 12:2, And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and EVERLASTING contempt.

Not only in Revelations

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

OK, you have, Everlasting Fire, Hell Fire, and Furnace of Fire.
Revelation has, Lake of Fire.
See how these are all metaphorical, and none should be taken literally?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

OK, you have, Everlasting Fire, Hell Fire, and Furnace of Fire.
Revelation has, Lake of Fire.
See how these are all metaphorical, and none should be taken literally?

They all describe one place. Which no one is in, not even Satan or his minions. Just because the descriptor uses different words to describe the place, doesn't make it less real.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

No it does not describe the same place.
For one thing, in Revelation, Hell is thrown into the Lake of Fire, so how can they be the same place?
And who and what is this?

. . .even Satan or his minions.
I would throw that into the "metaphorical" class too.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

For one thing, in Revelation, Hell is thrown into the Lake of Fire, so how can they be the same place?

That's because Hell and the Lake of Fire are separate. No man goes into the fire now. That's where many get confused.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That's why I use the word, Hades, when I describe a place.
You quoted a verse in Mathew about a fiery hell, which is a metaphorical term using the name Gehenna to illustrate a parable-style saying about plucking out an eye.
Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

This is a convenient way to end the story, where from this point, on, we don't care about what happens to them, and we can go ahead and say the people we do care about live happily ever after.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

empirical REFERENCES?
quite hilarious!
btw: your avatar looks like a demon, is that because that is who you worship?

I worship Allah alone, the Creator, the One and Only - there is no God but He - he is Absolute, not begotten nor has He begotten, and nothing is like unto Him.
The God of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. The Lord of the Worlds.

How dare you politheist accuse me of worshipping anything but God alone? May He be our Witness in the Day of Judgement - then shall we see, who was worshipping "demons" and who was worshipping the Creator.

And FYI - my avatar is Dovahkiin, the main Character in the upcoming game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Educate yourself.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. I was asking a question about why you identify with demonic looking things to the point of using such a picture as an avatar.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. I was asking a question about why you identify with demonic looking things to the point of using such a picture as an avatar.

That has nothing to do with demons. That is a MAN, he wears a NORDIC armor.

And regarding "not accusing" - your words stand clear only a few posts above - shows only what is in your heart.

O ye who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks: They will not fail to corrupt you. They only desire your ruin: Rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse. We have made plain to you the Signs, if ye have wisdom.
-Qur'an, 3.118

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That is a MAN, he wears a NORDIC armor.
My guess would be that said hypothetical Norseman wore that outfit to scare people into thinking they were looking at a demon.
I disagree with you on the polytheistic accusation and give it back to you, seeing you believe in angels, which is the same thing as gods just by another name. I'm not an orthodox trinitarian so you may be barking up the wrong tree, there.
You should try making some sort of argument besides quoting from something which means nothing to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That is a MAN, he wears a NORDIC armor.
My guess would be that said hypothetical Norseman wore that outfit to scare people into thinking they were looking at a demon.
I disagree with you on the polytheistic accusation and give it back to you, seeing you believe in angels, which is the same thing as gods just by another name. I'm not an orthodox trinitarian so you may be barking up the wrong tree, there.
You should try making some sort of argument besides quoting from something which means nothing to me.

What in God's name are you talking about?
That is a video game. No, he is not wearing that to "scare" people. It is a role playing game, where you advance your character, while fighting for truth and honor. Why am even losing time with this ...

Yes, I believe in angels, which are CREATIONS of God, just like humans. Are you saying we should not believe in anything except God? No earth, no humans, nothing? Is it all a dream to you or what?

I do not WORSHIP angels, I simply believe they exist, just like the humans and Jinns exist. We were created from different substances, but still - CREATED.

I know you claim you are not trinitarian, but you surely are politheist - because in all your posts you claim there were "more then one God", and "one god killed another god" and stuff like that.
I have already written a post about this. I shall not repeat myself - except this: God is absolute, there can not be two or more Gods, because then each of them would impinge on the absolute encompassing being of the Other. Thus, NONE of them would be God.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Sorry but I don't see the connection between role-playing video games and a religion forum, but suite yourself.
One God created the universe, which happens to include a whole bunch of gods. A god can be a god without anyone worshiping them. If there was a god who went around demanding people worship him, that would be my definition of Satan. I don't think God, the creator of the universe demands worship. He upholds his good name and people should properly respect his good reputation. I don't see any other demand from God. Now there is another concern, which is what happens as a result of worshiping devils or satans or demons. Those things must be avoided.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Sorry but I don't see the connection between role-playing video games and a religion forum, but suite yourself.
One God created the universe, which happens to include a whole bunch of gods. A god can be a god without anyone worshiping them. If there was a god who went around demanding people worship him, that would be my definition of Satan. I don't think God, the creator of the universe demands worship. He upholds his good name and people should properly respect his good reputation. I don't see any other demand from God. Now there is another concern, which is what happens as a result of worshiping devils or satans or demons. Those things must be avoided.

Are you playing with me here?

You say now "I don't see the connection between role-playing video games and a religion forum" - yet IT WAS YOU who asked about the avatar. Did you forget that mayhap? Check the posts above.

Second, you keep on going about God who created the universe AND this universe "happens to include a whole bunch of gods".
Now, do you see the problem here?
How can a "god" be "created"?
The sole definition of "god" does not allow such a statement. A god CAN NOT be created. He is the CREATOR.

Now, if He is the Creator, then HE IS UNIQUE and ABSOLUTE.
Why?
Because when something is ABSOLUTE - there can NOT be another like it!

If something is infinite (God is) then this infinity CANNOT BE SHARED - otherwise it would not be an infinity anymore.

You can say God created the universe and in it he created many BEINGS - those can be spiritual beings like Angels or Jinns - but you cannot call them "gods" - the mere use of that nomenclature shatters the whole meaning of the sentence. Are you aware of this?

It defies logic and reason.

There is ONLY ONE GOD. No other "gods" exist.

You say YOU don't think God demands worship. Yes, but those are your Words. Have you gotten this information from God himself?
How can you put forth such claims without any backing evidence except your own mind?

You keep going about me why I use quotes from a book which means nothing to you - but, have you EVER thought of the possibility that just because you do not believe in that book, it does not mean the Book itself is not from God?

What do you think (since you say you believe in Jesus) how is this different from the people in the time of Jesus.

Is it not possible that you not believing in the book I am quoting from is maybe exactly the same as the jewish priests who did not believe in the revelation of Jesus in his time.
He also came with a "book" and preached it - yet the priests kept on not believing in that "book" and saying similar things like you now - that that "book" does not mean anything to them.
Now we know who was right and who wasn't. It would seem the book of Jesus was indeed from God and the priests were wrong.

What if, just what if, the book I am quoting from is also from God - and you have it in front of you, yet you refuse on even considering the possibility that it could be genuine revelation from God?

What if you had the chance to embrace it, yet you were too arrogant and refused to do so? What will you THEN tell God when you stand before him? That "YOU thought the book was not worth checking"?

I have read the Gospels (all of them, incl. the Gospel of Thomas) and all the books of the Old Testament, and the apocrypha and the Vedas, and and and. Why do you refuse to read my book?
What if that book is indeed the Last Revelation of God? I am not saying it is, but what if? If I heard there was an ancient book claiming to be from God, I would not miss the opportunity to read it and analyze it. Who knows, I might LEARN SOMETHING.

Refusing to read and acquire Knowledge is a crime in my opinion.

With that, I leave you with the very first Words revealed of this book to the very Last Messenger of God:

READ in the name of your Lord who created!
Created man from a clinging substance.
READ, and your Lord is the most Generous!
Who taught by the pen -
Taught man that which he knew not.
-Qur'an, 96:1-5

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You are discussing semantics. You have a definition of gods: nothing that could possibly exist and anyone who even uses that word is a blasphemer.
I have a different definition and am not afraid to use it and am not afraid of some angry god smiting me over the use of it.
Also, I do not believe in magic, holy books, of any sort. I read the Apostle Paul, who had direct visions of Jesus and may have actually met him in person though that is not too clear. But I don't imbue upon his letters magical qualities, just someone inspired by God in a special sort of way, who has good advice on how to live.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join