It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Orange light / Flying triangle ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hi there, this is my first post, so hi to all.

I took these pictures a while ago and only really thought of them again when I started reading ATS. Didn't really feel the need to report it as it could be nothing. I first saw this orange light in the sky driving down the stretch of motorway between my girlfreinds house and mine. You face the sea from a slightly elevated distant viewpoint, so I could tell it was probably over the sea ( The solent, Southcoast of England ) So I got home and decided to go to the beach with my old housemates digital SLR and a descent tripod and a remote release, to see if I could get some pictures of it.

So it was a case of fingers crossed and hope to grab something of what I was seeing. I got home and uploaded the images. Thought, cool, and left it at that. Since being on ATS its become aparent that this is quite a good place to get all sorts of ideas / opinions of this sort of stuff.

I've spent a few years looking on the net about UFO's, some seperate cases, youtube vids, UFO reporting websites etc. I'm still not sure what to think about it all. There seems to be overwhelming proof from some very secure sources that strange things are afoot, but my logical mind puts doubts and points out that there are equally likely explanations for nearly if not all UFO sightings.

Overall I tend to lean towards, aliens really are visiting earth today and probably have been in some degree for centuries. But I'm still a strong sceptic about it too. So anyway, I just wanted to give you a bit of background to put this all in context.

I want there to be UFO's flying about, so I could quite easily be reading too much into this. But recently I've been playing around with the images in photoshop, I use it every day and have been for the past 12 years for a living, so I can quite easily fake anything you can / have / could see photowise of ufo's. I Do mainly 3D work, which involves a lot of 3d modelling and image manipulation, so I can fake a descent UFO photo fairly easily.

I can assure you that there is no manipulation of the image here, except for pushing the exposure levels and overlaying the photos to make the animated gif images you see here.

Personally I noticed the black triangles behind them straight away, as I was adjusting them. I wasn't looking for triangles, just curious to see if there was anything to see when I upped the exposure levels. So I was a bit taken aback when I saw these 2 triangle silhouettes.

Curious to know what other people think. Just to note, It wasn't a lantern. It was way too big, way too bright. I've let off lanterns a few times at parties so I know all about them.
Just as a wild stab in the dark, I'd imagine the light to be about 500 - 700 metres in front of me off the beach.

First Pic:

First Pic Adjusted

Second Pic Adjusted

And Third Pic, this time with a slower shutterspeed, Its definately showing movement, and the lights / boats on the horizon show that the object is moving, not the camera ( tripod + Remote ) Sounds stupid me saying, but pan the photo over to the right if you can't see the blurred light

What do you peeps reckon ?
edit on 7-10-2011 by pot8er because: added text

edit on 7-10-2011 by pot8er because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
These things are definitely a real phenomenon. What you saw is exactly what you think you saw.

Whether it was piloted by a human, an alien, something else entirely, is itself a living entity, or is a drone piloted from elsewhere? Who can say? Not I.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
All I can say is wow..& cool.

Photography is not my forte, but the triangle is clear for all to see in the second pic.

I was expecting to jump on this thread, with my almost-automated response of "TR-3B perhaps?"

But this is nothing like that.

Excellent spot my friend. Very interesting capture here.

You got my S&F.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ok...so there is this thread ..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

.....that is about the same thing, color....all that.....so check it out.

Are you near Wales????

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
not sure what the light is, but i do not see a triangle other than what you highlight when my eyes are tricked into seeing a triangle but then my eyes re adjust and I do not see any triangle.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow. By the way there have been countless reports of these orange lights in the UK and I reported one myself here last week (link below) But it never occurred to me to check it in different lighting. If this is real thanks for pointing it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

other threads of interest.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies
I live on the south coast of england near to the isle of wight, So I'm about 100 - 150 miles or so from the bottom of Wales near Bristol I would think. Thanks for the link to the other thread, intrguing

To mysteryskeptic: I know what you're saying, It's not my intention to produce any sort of trick, just thought it would be an easy way of showing people what I see in it. I'll post up versions without the highlighting tomorrow if I get a chance. If not the next couple of days
Thanks for your thoughts.

To Ramscheck: Thanks for the links. The pics are as you see them, no faking going on.
edit on 7-10-2011 by pot8er because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here's a still version of the above gifs. Hopefully these are better .

Image 1

Image 2

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
WTH is this supposed to be?

Could you explain (OP), what you have done to the images to "enhance" them?

Could you also explain how you came up with a straight lined triangle overlay, when the "triangle" you have transposed from the image is anything but straight lined.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hi there, sure and sure

I enhanced the images using some levels and exposure adjustment layers in photoshop. If your not familiar with photoshop, these are global adjustment layers, that are overlayed in photoshop, that affect the whole image beneath. So the only thing I have done to the originals is adjust the brightness so to speak. As I said, it just so happened that I could see these dark triangular forms, so I posted them to ask if others could see them too. The majority of people might think thats it's just digital artifacts native to the imaging process for instance, It could be, who knows, just thought it was quite a coincedence myself.

Second point, It's a rough approximation of a shape, to show a rough of what I'm seeing, whose to say there's not curves, unclean edges involved ? Like I say, with this sort of noise in the image process it could be anything, I certainly wouldn't stand behind it as difinitive proof, interesting, yes, certainly, proof........not really. All I'm saying by posting what I have, is here's what I have. I'm not punting a UFO image per se. Although I do find it personally, very curious indeed.
edit on 8-10-2011 by pot8er because: Addition.

edit on 8-10-2011 by pot8er because: Grammatical error detected

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pot8er

Well I have used photoshop quite a bit, and the the process you are using is not going to pick out any details.

I put your original image in photoshop and ran two passes through it. One I desaturated the image, and brightened it, all I got was the pixelated mess your picture is. Two I enhanced the colour levels, just to double check I wasn't missing anything, and as I thought I got the same pixelated mess.

You didn't simply just "brighten the image", as your original image has a blue hue not a green hue, so whatever the process is you're using on this image is creating the dark triangle like shapes you are seeing and the green undertone hue.

Infact, i'm looking at your images again (the stills/enhanced) and I can see triangles everywhere.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
OP, I live in the North West and have seen that oranhe light a MILLION times. I don't own a camera or phone (must be the only 25yr old that doesn't lol) I always thought it was either a helicopter far away or a plane far away were all the lights form in one tiny ball. Until a year back when one flew right above my house... no explanation. They move SUPER FAST like 0 - 200mph in half a second. My girlfriends house is on a hill which over looks the River Mersey and the whole city kind of. I seen the best one there, it was a hlow so bright... it was incredible

GREAT PHOTOS!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
To AmatuerSkyWatcher:

Not sure what you're getting at here, You used a different route to get to what you are seeing. You haven't got my file in front of you to see exactly what I did and by how much. As a regular user of Photoshop, I'm sure you'll agree, there's plenty of different ways do similar things in photoshop. I can talk you through the steps if ya like
If you push the levels, you'll get weird colours, hence the green. As you can see from the post, I said adjust the brightness SO TO SPEAK. Laymans terms, not everyone is a regular photoshop user. I can give you specifics if you want, no problem at all.

Your initial statement is ridiculous. The images are as they are. I've added nothing to the raw data, you're just seeing a filtered version of the original. There are triangles there, so yes, my method did pick out details. Real details, or digital artifacts who knows, as I said in my previous post, I assume you read that bit then forgot.

As we're debating images here, could you upload versions of what you are seeing your end when you adjust things ? This forums is cool, glad you're scrutinising the images too, too easy to get carried away with an idea if you want it to be real.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

They certainly are odd eh. The one I saw was pretty still really. I was watching it on and off during my journey back from my girlfreinds, 15 minute journey minimum. I'd love to see one zipping about.

edit on 8-10-2011 by pot8er because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Could you upload the original image on a file host site please? I'd like to look at it uncompressed.

No my original statement isn't ridiculous. The filter you are applying is making the shapes, not the image.

edit on 8-10-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well, we can agree to disagree on the ridicolousness of your opening point. It's subjective and neither here nor there really eh. We could go on about it forever, to no end.

It's late here at the mo, so I'll dig it out and post the originals up for you tomorrow. Should get some time at some point

edit on 8-10-2011 by pot8er because: addition

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pot8er

Here ya go. I've included both psd files and both originals.

www....(nolink)/?52gv4gtclgw80zh

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
im in sw uk i saw exactly the same thing 2 weeks ago ... an orange ball of light but no sound. i stood watching it for a while and it slowly passed heading from east to west. a friend also saw it the same evening a few miles down the coast but moving in straight lines but but zig zagging.

new topics

top topics

join