It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Glenn Beck really is a prophet.. or just a really forward thinking person...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Convicted

Now what do we have today? The youth at OWS saying they want to murder the rich in this country.

Can you source this claim? Of course not. Stop lying, and promoting divisiveness. You should have your account banned for such a lie.

Certainly and thanks for holding me accountable.

Its from Politico, hopefully thats lefty enough for you to believe.

State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and State Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos reportedly received the email, as did State Assembly Majority Leader Ron Canestrari. The governor’s office did not tell the New York Daily News whether the governor received the email.

The email, with the threatening subject line of, “time to kill the wealthy,” was detailed and disturbing.

“How hard is it for us to stake out one of the obvious access roads to some tech company, tail an employee home and toss a liquor bottle full of flaming gasoline through their nice picture window into their cute house,” wrote the author of the email.

The email references terminology that has been used in the “Occupy Wall Street” movement — that the1 percent, the super rich, are exploiting the remaining 99 percent of Americans. The angry message demanded that Albany politicians “stop shoveling wealth from the lower 99 percent into the top 1 percent” and “set aside your ‘no new taxes on anybody’ pledge.”

Read more: www.politico.com...

I was hoping this was going to be your source. Laughable.
This is not "proof" that "the youth" have threatened anyone, not is it connected with OWS. When someone is found guilty of this threat, then you can say what you said. Until then you are speculating, and if providing it as fact, are indeed lying.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Glen Beck's a talented salesman. I used to listen to him quite frequently and believed he was earnest for a while but the more I listened, the more I began to realize that his rhetoric is internally inconsistent and he's constantly contradicting himself.

He's surely not a prophet by any estimation. He knows how to sound humble and how to sound concerned but that;s about it.

It would be great if he was for real because he has a wide audience but the fact that he has a wide audience and is still leading people astray is contemptible.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by smquebec
reply to post by ~Lucidity

@Lucidity = Here's your proof: www.wnd.com...

Umm proof of what? A civilian service force does not generally riot and kill. In addition, WND never exaggerates, and President Obama was hardly the first president to call for this kind of service. Please see this: What Ever Happened to National Service?
edit on 10/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: messed up the link.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is a paid political troll. He has a tons of script writers and doesn't even research the information he spouts.

His TV show before FOX was absolutely NOTHING but "the muslims are going to kill us" literally EVERY show.

Then he went on FOX and it changed to "the communists are going to kill us".

The dude is a PHONY.....anyone with common sense can see this.

edit on 10/8/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/8/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
ohhhhh this is going to be a fun thread considering the number of beck haters.

becks said alot of things that came true.

ows is the begining of the riots and protests in greece theres only one way to do what ows wants to get done

pure fascism

You are just saying this because you have stocks in oil.

And Glenn Beck is tight with the gold mongers...please.

It is all so transparent.
It is OK for the Tea Party but not the poor.

edit on 8-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Glenn predicts an uprising of the youth....WOW. Wealthy are already represented in the Tea Party. Do you even know many uber rich youngsters or is Beck just a hired mouthpiece for old established cronyism? BINGO.
GOP? They don't call it the "Grand Old Party" because they are all spring chickens.

The Beckster is contradicting himself. He is also simply disparaging youth and the wisdom and intention of youth and young people in this program. This is not a prophecy or a prediction. It is not even a lucky guess. If you are backing both sides of a fight - it is no great feat to say you had the winner.

edit on 8-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is no prophet. He is not wise or even forward thinking. Any student of history can and has warned of this happening for quite sometime. How? Why? Because history demonstrates time and time again anytime the wealth disparity reaches a certain point the masses will eventually rise up and correct it. That when people have to spend most of their time working instead of raising their families they will rise up. That when those with wealth use that wealth to further extract the wealth of the most vulnerable they will rise up to stop it.

This is hardly anything new or revolutionary, It is even biblical. All one needs do is look at the Proverbs and one will find a number of them talk quite a bit about what is a good ruler and what is not. Glenn Beck is a fear merchant who makes his living scaring little old ladies out of their money. Most Americans don't hate nor want to do away with Capitalism or the Constitution. They are resentful of the fact that Capitalism as they know it now isn't what they were raised to believe it was.

They have awoken to the fact that it has been used to corrupt the halls of Government to close the path of upward mobility off to the average person. They resent the fact that they were told to be successful they had to bury themselves in debt before they even got out of the gate. They resent the fact that every little mistake they make can now be held against them. They resent the fact that America's legacy as the land of second chances and opportunities, has become a wasteland of unemployment and cheap goods not produced here.

Now we are at a crossroads, what happens in the coming months as a result of OWS will ultimately be what decides the future of our nation. Either the Government divests itself of private influence and interests and starts acting in the public good and things calm down. Or the Government ignores the growing masses discontentment with business as usual and things turn violent.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

That's a single email from a nutjob....Your lie comes from suggesting it's representative of the OWS youth movement.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

When I saw the video of Beck faking tears for the camera. Well...

Sorry, can't do Beck.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Glenn Beck is a paid political troll. He has a tons of script writers and doesn't even research the information he spouts. The dude is a PHONY.....anyone with common sense can see this.

Proof? Please and Thank you.

No?

Well, let's let the man defend himself. What does he say about himself?

Source For Quotes Below

Glenn Beck is one of America’s leading radio and television personalities. His quick wit, candid opinions and engaging personality have made The Glenn Beck Program the third highest rated radio program in America and Glenn Beck, one of the most successful new shows on the Fox News Channel.

In 2002, he launched The Glenn Beck Program on just 47 stations with the mission to make listeners “feel goodness from my show and accept me for who I am, flaws and all.”

Today, just a few years later, his radio show can be heard across the country on over 400 stations, his television show sets ratings records, his books reach the top of bestseller lists and he travels across the country performing his live stage show to sold-out audiences. Across all of these mediums, Beck connects with his fans in a whole new way, inspiring and entertaining them with his humor, hard-hitting interviews and honest tales about his life.

Beck’s radio show, The Glenn Beck Program, is syndicated by Premiere Radio Networks and is the third highest-rated national radio talk show among adults ages 25 to 54.

Beck’s self-titled topical talk show on the FOX News Channel debuted on January 19th, 2009 to over 2.4 million viewers. This incredible launch built off the success of Beck’s nightly TV show on CNN Headline News, which he hosted from 2006-2008. During those two years, the show grew by more than 200% in viewership in both the 7pm and 9pm timeslots.

________________________end off-site quotes

I could sit here and tell you twenty things I like about Beck, but I know I would be wasting my time.

Mainly, that he's an honest, down to earth guy.

That means he has flaws.

Just like you. And me.

Are you absolutely sure which person is lacking in common sense?

Glenn Beck has awoken more people than you've ever met.

Some of his assumptions were wrong, sure.

But, he got people curious.

Make sure to pass on the kool-aid next time.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

In case you missed the post above yours

Looks like a put up job to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Unlike you, I take a little time to do my research.

What is the context of that video?

Is he doing a shoot for a magazine?

Or a product endorsement?

Youtube or some KAD's blog is not evidence.

I'll be back after a little bit o ignorance denial

In other words, research.

edit on 8-10-2011 by rbnhd76 because: KoolAidDrinker and a tired redneck walk into a bar....ohh, heard this one already?

----------------EDIT TO ADD--------------------

Ok, I found my context.

I was gonna do a fresh post at the bottom,

but I believe I want it right here where it can be seen quick.

Context

As we noted yesterday, Beck blasted photographer Jill Greenberg last year as a left-wing "nut job" who "terrorizes children" because she made fun of John McCain after shooting his portrait for the cover of Atlantic and once shot an infamous series of crying toddlers. When GQ assigned Greenberg to shoot a portrait of Beck to accompany a Q-and-A in its July issue, Beck naturally put aside his concerns and did whatever Greenberg asked him to do because he doesn't care about anything but getting people to look at pictures of him. Greenberg has no doubt that Beck knew exactly who he was crying for. "He and his public relations people, at the shoot, said they love my work and had checked out my website," Greenberg told Gawker. "I believe they Googled me, like most of my subjects' PR people do. He was super nice on set."

"The crying was my idea, and Glenn was cool with trying it," Greenberg says. "We used mentholated balm to make his eyes tear up naturally. From then on it was acting on his part. He had fun with it and was a great sport."

edit on 8-10-2011 by rbnhd76 because: please people, wake up. yawn

edit on 8-10-2011 by rbnhd76 because: Damn, it feels good to be gangsta..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Glenn Beck is no prophet. He is not wise or even forward thinking. Any student of history can and has warned of this happening for quite sometime. How? Why? Because history demonstrates time and time again anytime the wealth disparity reaches a certain point the masses will eventually rise up and correct it. That when people have to spend most of their time working instead of raising their families they will rise up. That when those with wealth use that wealth to further extract the wealth of the most vulnerable they will rise up to stop it.

This is hardly anything new or revolutionary, It is even biblical. All one needs do is look at the Proverbs and one will find a number of them talk quite a bit about what is a good ruler and what is not. Glenn Beck is a fear merchant who makes his living scaring little old ladies out of their money. Most Americans don't hate nor want to do away with Capitalism or the Constitution. They are resentful of the fact that Capitalism as they know it now isn't what they were raised to believe it was.

They have awoken to the fact that it has been used to corrupt the halls of Government to close the path of upward mobility off to the average person. They resent the fact that they were told to be successful they had to bury themselves in debt before they even got out of the gate. They resent the fact that every little mistake they make can now be held against them. They resent the fact that America's legacy as the land of second chances and opportunities, has become a wasteland of unemployment and cheap goods not produced here.

Now we are at a crossroads, what happens in the coming months as a result of OWS will ultimately be what decides the future of our nation. Either the Government divests itself of private influence and interests and starts acting in the public good and things calm down. Or the Government ignores the growing masses discontentment with business as usual and things turn violent.

I have to say this is some of the best writing, and certainly the most comprehensive and condensed summary of "it all" I have ever read. My hats off to you sir or madame.

I have no opinion of Glen Beck myself, as I have never listened to the man do his thing, but the rest of what you say....Wow!

You need to get your butt down to the City and take charge!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess

I clearly recall him calling out Van Jones (I think I have the name right) well before the boot outta the house.

And I clearly recall that "outing" earning fox news a cease and desist letter, and propable lawsuit in the future (If newscorpse survives that long, that is)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I like Beck. He's more "real" than any talking head out there.

Brave, brave thead OP.
S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Glenn Beck is a paid political troll. He has a tons of script writers and doesn't even research the information he spouts. The dude is a PHONY.....anyone with common sense can see this.

No?

Well, let's let the man defend himself. What does he say about himself?

Source For Quotes Below

Glenn Beck is one of America’s leading radio and television personalities. His quick wit, candid opinions and engaging personality have made The Glenn Beck Program the third highest rated radio program in America and Glenn Beck, one of the most successful new shows on the Fox News Channel.

In 2002, he launched The Glenn Beck Program on just 47 stations with the mission to make listeners “feel goodness from my show and accept me for who I am, flaws and all.”

Today, just a few years later, his radio show can be heard across the country on over 400 stations, his television show sets ratings records, his books reach the top of bestseller lists and he travels across the country performing his live stage show to sold-out audiences. Across all of these mediums, Beck connects with his fans in a whole new way, inspiring and entertaining them with his humor, hard-hitting interviews and honest tales about his life.

Beck’s radio show, The Glenn Beck Program, is syndicated by Premiere Radio Networks and is the third highest-rated national radio talk show among adults ages 25 to 54.

Beck’s self-titled topical talk show on the FOX News Channel debuted on January 19th, 2009 to over 2.4 million viewers. This incredible launch built off the success of Beck’s nightly TV show on CNN Headline News, which he hosted from 2006-2008. During those two years, the show grew by more than 200% in viewership in both the 7pm and 9pm timeslots.

________________________end off-site quotes

I could sit here and tell you twenty things I like about Beck, but I know I would be wasting my time.

Mainly, that he's an honest, down to earth guy.

That means he has flaws.

Just like you. And me.

Are you absolutely sure which person is lacking in common sense?

Glenn Beck has awoken more people than you've ever met.

Some of his assumptions were wrong, sure.

But, he got people curious.

Make sure to pass on the kool-aid next time.

You missed a little something in your research. Anyone that takes what he says as gospel is an idiot. He said that himself.

Beck: ‘If you take what I say as gospel, you’re an idiot.’

Today, the New York Times has a front-page article on the success of Glenn Beck’s Fox News show. According to the Times, Beck has become “one of the most powerful media voices for the nation’s conservative populist anger.” Although he says he believes every word he says, he doesn’t think smart people should actually listen to him:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
You missed a little something in your research. Anyone that takes what he says as gospel is an idiot. He said that himself.

Today, the New York Times has a front-page article on the success of Glenn Beck’s Fox News show. According to the Times, Beck has become “one of the most powerful media voices for the nation’s conservative populist anger.” Although he says he believes every word he says, he doesn’t think smart people should actually listen to him:

Cute. You're implying Beck doesn't believe what he says himself and it's not true. Beck's point was: Don't trust what anyone tells you without verifying it independently. He believes everything he says and wants his audience to believe it too but only after doing their own research. In my opinion that's neither the stand of a shill or a liar. I'll admit I had a problem with some of his theatrics but his facts are usually sound and his opinions usually make sense.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I like Beck. He's more "real" than any talking head out there.

Brave, brave thead OP.
S&F

It seems all the talking heads in America are a bit mental. From both sides of the political spectrum, I'm glad it's something we don't have in the UK. Our news readers generally keep their opinions to themselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by buster2010

Cute. You're implying Beck doesn't believe what he says himself and it's not true. Beck's point was: Don't trust what anyone tells you without verifying it independently. He believes everything he says and wants his audience to believe it too but only after doing their own research. In my opinion that's neither the stand of a shill or a liar. I'll admit I had a problem with some of his theatrics but his facts are usually sound and his opinions usually make sense.

HEY! just in case anybody missed the point. Only Kanye and Obama believe they are -completely- right, and that everybody else should shut up and listen.

Not a chance in Hades they're wrong, right?

Are YOU sure You are right?

NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING. Please. Our way of life may just wind up depending on you.

Just great.

thanks bro for the defend. i goin my tired tail to sleep.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

After your post, you had to have known that this was coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join