It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we ACCOMPLISH with protest, NOTHING....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I didn't mean to offend, or to undermine the hard work of others, but what can we really change.

If we do manage to continue the protest stratagy, which is growing across north america, than what is the plan for change.

What will we do if we get back control.

How can we change the system to make it better.

What could we replace the current systems with.

How would it all work.

I have some ideas, but will save for later. I am objective in my point of view, I think it is great that people are standing up.... but if you tear something down, you have to replace it with something else.

edit on 7-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: oops

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What can we ACCOMPLISH by sitting on our asses? NOTHING

Support those who are standing up for your rights or kiss your rights goodbye.
edit on 10/7/2011 by DieBravely because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

It sure stirs people up though..............

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with what you're saying but I do agree however I've come to the conclusion that noone really knows what they're doing or want for the aftermath but it all starts with change. So I give them kudos for at least getting out of the house and taking action, even if it doesn't do anything (right now anyways). It's a slow process when it's non-violent. Seriously. If they all had guns, shooting up the major cities, then there would be a nice civil war to look into and then progress of some type will happen. But then again, even in that situation, the aftermath outcome would still not be known. Just a bunch of dead people...

So I guess I'm trying to say that it may not seem like much now, it kind of seems dumb and pointless at times but they are trying. It's an effort in change. And I'm proud of the people for at least doing that.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Okay I understand that, but protesting jsut to be heard won't do much.

Let's just say, for a hypothetical, that they got the government to the table,
what would they ask them to do and how.

You say abolish the fed, ok how? And how will you rearrange the infrastructure that the federal reserve is accountable for.

Or Get our jobs back...how? What viable solution is there for the current economic crisis.

It's easy to blame them and they should be blamed, but how can we make it better.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Said the guy sitting on his ass typing on his computer...

This is not a communist country the protests will fail.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

There are many proposed solutions to these problems. You act as if change is impossible. Get out of that mindset immediately. Things will never change if you don't believe they can. How about you start here.
edit on 7-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If we started this 4 years ago - - maybe something.

Dumping on the "clean up" guy is stupid.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am not saying they are impossible, and it is not my mindset. As I stated i am objective in my veiwoint.

I am only stating the truth.

Without a plan, and clear goals, change will not occur.

Without leadership and numbers, there will be no movement that lasts.

If the government gets upset enough, they call in the army, or the CIA, or any other blackbag op.

If there is a leader he will die. That is why no one has stood up to lead, it is common knowledge.

Everyone wants change but is afraid to die for it. That is the first change that has to be made.
(I am not saying go and die for your ideals, I am just saying you can't fear to die for your ideals)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

King if you have ideas than many more also have ideas. Your idea might be the one that brings us peace and destroys the funny colored worthless paper that keeps us Slaves.

Peace to you.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I think that the protestors have the right attitude.

I think what they are doing is great, and if everyone stood up at the same time it would make changes.

But what I am saying is what changes have to made and into what do we wish to change.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Don't get me wrong, I think that the protestors have the right attitude.

I think what they are doing is great, and if everyone stood up at the same time it would make changes.

But what I am saying is what changes have to made and into what do we wish to change.

Do the majority even have a clue what they are protesting?

We should have been protesting at least 4 years ago - - - but too many were "blinded" by a wagging flag of pseudo patriotism.

I guess it isn't unpatriotic to protest during Obama's presidency.

I don't think protesting is stupid - - - but I think the majority are just jumping on a bandwagon with ignorance of any depth of understanding.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I was thinking though recently (and yes it did hurt)
a good bridge for most countries would be develloping the clean energy sector around the world, it would create jobs and ipso facto stabalize the economy (although not a permanent solution).

The next step would be to regulate the financial sector and remove those who are entwined in the malfunction of the economy from being in any place of influence.

Obviously that would be hard. After that it would be very important to decide what we want to do for the futur.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I partially agree with you. On the one hand, yes protesting alone will not get anything done, especially if you have small numbers or mixed messages.

On the other hand it is a start. Getting people informed and angry enough to take to the streets is an awesome start to something much greater then itself.

I see the occupy wall street heading in 2 directions neither of them good.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

I didn't mean to offend, or to undermine the hard work of others, but what can we really change.

If we do manage to continue the protest stratagy, which is growing across north america, than what is the plan for change.

What will we do if we get back control.

How can we change the system to make it better.

What could we replace the current systems with.

How would it all work.

I have some ideas, but will save for later. I am objective in my point of view, I think it is great that people are standing up.... but if you tear something down, you have to replace it with something else.

edit on 7-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: oops

You're absolutely correct.

I think what frightens a lot of people is that no one has really considered this.

As far as the question 'What can we ACCOMPLISH with protest, NOTHING...'

That's valid, only in the sense that protest, alone, won't accomplish much.

To affect change, you have to hit them where it hurts- their profits.

Would the protestors even know where to begin a boycott?

Taking away monetary support is always the best way to go-

And that's the beauty of America-- we can do that.

Great post.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

There are many proposed solutions to these problems. You act as if change is impossible. Get out of that mindset immediately. Things will never change if you don't believe they can. How about you start here.
edit on 7-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

I think he is actually viewing the protest in the MOST optimistic viewpoint imaginable:

'What do we do when we successfully get them to listen?

What do we want to see happen next?'

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
thanks guys for the replies, I see some of you understand what I am trying to get at.

Once the initial stages of the protests (the fun part) it gets to be alot tougher.
There doesn't seem to be a concensus on how to proceed after the fun is over.

Making demands won't help, you can't demand someone to do something, would you respond nicely to a demand.

It really is hard and that is why I was hoping some would have some ideas.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

never mind, just saw the edits. lol sorry!
edit on 8-10-2011 by prepared4truth because: my bad

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes a few people get thrown off at first.

Not much input on what we could do though.

I hope someone has some ideas to further the premise.

<<   2 >>

join