It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah Alright Enough With The Slurs Bout OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Alright people been reading quite of few comments about the OWS and yeah people created their own slurs much like the Tea partier had their share of them.

This is a Call to all those people who do not like OWS message or tactics didnt like when the tea party was called derogitory names not going to sit here and keep silent on those people who like me disagree with everything OWS has done.

People we are better than that do not give them the satisfaction and never act like them so i am making this thread to bring this to the attention of people.

STOP NOW! WE DONT NEED TO DO THAT.

they may think they win on "substance" but really now they arent and we dont need to take our conversations down to their levels..

Just a Freindly Reminder ATS TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO US ALL not some of the time or half of the time BUT ALL THE TIME.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Every now and then you and I agree Neo... This is one of those times.

Look folks, there is no magic bullet. Whilst I sort of get what the OWS people are protesting, I don't agree with their message completely. Just like I never completely agreed with TEA party ideals.

Calling names is part of our culture, but it is an immature and divisive tactic that does nothing to promote solutions to problems. It just makes the name caller feel self-rightous for a few minutes and pisses the target of the name calling off. Nothing solved, nothing gained.

You want things to get better? Well, grow up and LISTEN to what your "opposition" is saying. You don't have to agree with them, but you can at least learn from them.

edit on 10-7-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

join