It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99%? Who wants to be a part of the 100%?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
anyone who gets shot at for a living is a hero in my book

couldnt care less what their detractors say they will always have my undying gratitude for stepping up where others dare not tread.

I do not dare step on Gods children for oil profits. Others may do this and for this tehy will find out in the end what they did was wrong. They were not drafted or forced, they chose to go somewhere that they knew they may have to kill fellow human being and they did it for self gain.

Not good. It is not being heroic to go into a place where it is no contest fight. That is called being a bully. They have better odds of survival than a 7/11 employee in Detroit.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

So tell us more about your "right" and "left" version of things?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your congressman didn't do that you fellow citizens did.

You can't say it's a win until they turn things back.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

yeah dude take it up with the civilian who start wars not the them

had enough of the "angry liberal in the thread" for now

feel free to denigrate anyone who disagrees with you

dont count on people standing bye and let you get away with it.

carry on

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

So tell us more about your "right" and "left" version of things?

Are you for the people or are you for those that do not give a damn.

The left and the right are concepts to divide us all. Did Obama do any change? Do any of them, left or right?

The hard core neo-right wingers though they are a different breed. They are the ones that the corporate brainwashing took hold of the most.

They will defend major corporations over there friends and neighbors because they think they can get a piece of the pie.

I don't eat pie that has gone rotten.

I get mine from the Amish.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

That would be the commander-in-chief.

Not a civilian.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I do what is right by God and man.

War is what the rich talk the poor into doing for profit and I am done with this. Most of us are. You should be too.

If they were drafted that is one thing.

They do multiple tours of duty because of the pay. No other reason accept what they tell themselves so they can sleep at night.

Liberal? LOL I do not believe in left nor right.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

That would be the commander-in-chief.

Not a civilian.

Sorry but I have to correct this.

One of the very basic principles of American governance is civilian leadership of the military. Every one of us in uniform is subservient to the elected civilian leadership of this nation.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So, let me get this straight...

Apparently, I don't give a damn and there is a bunch of Americans with different opinions?

Also, I guess Obama isn't worth a #?

What, exactly, are you trying to say?

I guess also you might be Amish?
edit on 7-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The 99% concept confusing me. Theres a chain of wealth but everyone act like were serfs back in the Medieval times, they complain about this with their freedom of speech while on their computers using the Internet in a their heated home. Then theres homeless people on there street, and these people calling out against the 1% prolly don't even give those homeless men and women the time of day. The world isn't has cleanly divided into two as people would like to believe.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but since MSMBC jumped onto the OWS movement and the Unions joined(I have nothing against Unions just the thugs that call themselves that nowadays.) I've been weary of the movement, they call for returning power to the people, but deep down I know they'll sell the movement out just for a taste of power by running to the loving arms of the Democrat and liberal party.

I'm no cynic though, I still have hope for this nation and her people. I have hope for the whole world and the people that inhabit it. Now breezer don't get angry at the OWS movement their angry, just like the Tea party was and still is. But our worlds problems have to do with the Government and the Corporations that corrupted it. Not just one or the other, by not going after both one still will exist and rebuild the other. We shouldn't be making friends with either of them to destroy the other because will still lose.

I hope I'm wrong and they stick to their guns, I hope that the Tea party makes a comeback and gets back after the government and their lies and deceit.

Someday, we'll live together. In a free nation, a free world. The corrupted and the pestilence that has plagued us as a species will be gone and eradicated. Peacefully hopefully. Maybe I'm wrong and just a dreamer, though what else can you do but keep working towards a better world and fighting against the system that makes everything thats wrong with it?

edit on 10/7/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yeah but he is no ordinay civilian.

The moment you swear to follow his orders he stops being just a civilian, even if it is just a matter of symantics.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Apparently, I don't give a damn and there is a bunch of Americans with different opinions?

I did not try and say it I did say it.

Here it is without any outside the box thinking.

We have voted the lessor of two evils nearly 50 years now and still expect change after the elections?

The entire game has been fixed. You do not understand this?

WTF?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is not a "Left-v-Right' paradigm as quite frankly we don't give a toss about the paradigm as both parties are owned and controlled by the banks.

Everytime anyone of the right plays the paradigm card when it comes to this ordeal is a drone of the banks as they do not represent you!
edit on 7-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by projectvxn

Yeah but he is no ordinay civilian.

The moment you swear to follow his orders he stops being just a civilian, even if it is just a matter of symantics.

Anyone that carries the nuclear weapons codes is a military all to him/herself.

I have to agree, he is not an ordinary citizen.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Divisiveness.
Over and over again I see us vs. them. Rich vs. poor. Haves vs. Have Nots. The only difference is 99% of that 1% is that they worked hard. They EARNED it.

They earned it? Well that's a generalization. Take the Koch brothers for example, the biggest donors to the tea parties, they were born with silver spoons in their mouths, they didn't earn it. The occupiers still don't have a cohesive message, but one issue with them is true, there is a great uneven rich and poor divide in this country, and it has been growing significantly over the last 3 decades, the middle class is dissappearing.

I'm fairly certain that most folks among the occupiers (there will be some crazies) are not asking the wealthy to give up all their wealth. I'm fairly certain that the demand here is that the wealthy pay a fair share, and I agree with them. The gap between the rich a poor was nowhere close to today before the large corporate and wealthy tax cuts took place during the Reagan administration. The wealthy were still wealthy back in the 70's, 60's and so forth, but they paid a fair part back into this nation. What have we been doing for last few years? Cutting taxes? We saw nearly $2 trillion worth of tax cuts go toward mostly the wealthy since Reagan, how has this worked out? How many jobs have continued to ship out of this country? How large has the gap grown?

Not sure what demonizing the occupiers is going to do for your movement and ideological agenda.... and here I was thinking that some tea parties would participate in these rallies, considering the tea parties are not cohesive and diverse? Right? Continue to demonize the poor, the unions, public workers, that's really going to solve the issue of divisiveness.

I don't have an issue with tax cuts to business owners, to companies and people who prove they are putting back into this country. I don't have an issue with a man and woman lying in a tub of money they earned, good for them. I do have an issue with DC and the bulk of the tax cuts going to all of the wealthy, even when they don't need itand even if they don't bring anything back to this country. I do have an issue with our government supporting businesses that have a part in taking the jobs out of this country for slave labour in China.

If we are going to promote and support and give cut all these taxes for the wealthy, for business owners, it should be conditional. Because years of throwing billions of tax cuts, tax exceptions, for people only to turn their backs on this nation and american workers, has done nothing but kill the middle class.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

It boggles the mind that some do not get this. I do not blame them though they have had the best propaganda machine telling them how to think all there lives.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I am in awe as too how well you articulated this concept.

Nice!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux

I did not try and say it I did say it.

Here it is without any outside the box thinking.

We have voted the lessor of two evils nearly 50 years now and still expect change after the elections?

The entire game has been fixed. You do not understand this?

WTF?

I think maybe you undermind the strength of our democratic union.

In the end, there are those of us who will not give up.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

thats funny turning the other cheek and forgiveness is doing right by god

must have a different one than me oh well

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It may be a core principle but when people get so ticked off over being sick and tired of being sick and tired then no other option becomes available.

It is against God to step on people, to disenfranchise the needy, to rob the helpless.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join