It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99%? Who wants to be a part of the 100%?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blarged

Barney Frank was the one responsible for the housing crash.
Look it up.
As for the bailouts?
Politcians.

It is what I've been saying all along. The bankers, the wealthy benefit from the laws that the politicians write!

The protesters are misguided dupes for thinking this'll benefit anyone.

They should be in DC. THEN I would support them.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Something i have noticed more and more lately is that my employer tries more and more to make me work when i am of duty. If i tell them that i am not available they demand a reason to why i am not available. Like they have a right to evaluate and make judgment on what i do in my time of.

It is usually HR "human resources" that call and demand all these thing from me, when they have no right to. Its not my job to tell these people what their rights are and what my rights are. These people have also told me that if i dont comply to their demand i will loose my job. But they never mean what they say, but they use threats like this to force me to comply with their demands.

The attitude of the 1% is that they think they have ownership over their employees.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

hmmmm, not too many mom&pop establishments have "human resource" departments.

i'm pretty sure the "HR dept" or the employees within are NOT part of the 1%.
see, this is the problem ... no recognition of the problem at hand, only tales of personal misery.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by VivaDiscordia
reply to post by beezzer

They earned it through irresponsible business practices. Al Capone worked hard for his money too. Doesn't justify his methods. When you hold the fate of the nation in your hands, as many institutions do, you need to recognize a level of responsibility. Adam Smith didn't see this as opposed to capitalism, and neither should we. I don't begrudge success, just the tools they used to earn it. Let's face it, most of us could make a mint by disregarding laws if we were so inclined, but society has built in systems for dealing with this. Why don't we kick the same level of accountability upstairs. Would that be so bad, to be equal?

Who writes the rules? Who writes the laws?

Go to the source of the problem and you'll find a solution.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They earned it because they had money. Nowadays, if you can get $100,000+, you can be whatever you want. IF you can even get a job thats not taken, SO you can pay off the loans if you had to get them. (which i think most people do). The 99% doesnt have a "list of grievences", they are putting their voice out there as the people of this country, Who works hard scrubbing # off stalls in mcdonalds, or having to deal with stupid mother#ers yelling at you at wendys, or landscaping, etc. No-one makes as much money as them, and anyone who went the high school economics class could easily do it. We work for this nations greatness, as it dwindles downward, and we get # on. I CANT find a job, i looked all over my town and the surrounding towns. No one is hiring. How am i supposed to put gas in my car to go to college, or eat? Thats the main thing. MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY makes the world go round huh???? Why not happiness and well being of others? Cause, you dont get anything back from it. Talking to my grandparents; they told me nice guys finish last. They used to have the love for mankind, but lost it cause they finish last. Thats what it does to people. In order to Succeed, You gotta be a Jew.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you about the 100% part, and the movement where I live has discussed that, we do eventually want to be the 100%, but THEY need to change their ways.

You sound very ignorant saying they earned their money.
More like they cheated, gambled, and lied to get it.
Last I checked, that is NOT hard work.

The reason we "target" the one percent is because they own over half of America's wealth. Can you believe that?
That means, "hey, you already rich people: here's half of America's money."
The other 99%? Split what's left over.

Something just doesn't seem right there.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by blarged

Barney Frank was the one responsible for the housing crash.
Look it up.
As for the bailouts?
Politcians.

It is what I've been saying all along. The bankers, the wealthy benefit from the laws that the politicians write!

The protesters are misguided dupes for thinking this'll benefit anyone.

They are in D.C....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

Migt want to let the folks in New York know that.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux

They did NOT earn that money they stole it. They are the real criminals. They built that wealth by breaking the common mans dreams.

How, exactly, did banks 'break the common man's dreams' ? Perhaps you're much wealthier than I, but the last time I needed a new car (and believe me, it was a case of 'need', not 'want'), I was rather glad that there was a bank around that would loan me the money for said car...I didn't happen to have $25,000 stuffed under my mattress. When my parents wanted (dare I say, dreamed of?) buying a new house, it was a bank that made it possible. Go ask just about any small business owner...or for that matter, business owner, period, about the near necessity of a line of credit. If anything, banks *facilitate* dreams for the 'common man'.

I'm not saying that the financial industry doesn't need reform...it does. But holding the banks responsible for the bad decisions of their customers is taking the concept of liability to an extreme level. As far as I know, nobody has ever (at least not outside a Snidely Whiplash skit) held a gun to some poor person's head and forced them to buy a car / house / second house / boat / plasma TV / whatever...and nobody involved in drawing up a note in a bank office ever held a gun on a customer and said "Sign here, or else..". Banks provide a service (lending money) and charge a fee for that service (interest). If you don't like the fee, don't use the service. If you *do* use the service, it's *your* responsibility, not the bank's, to exercise due diligence.

Whats wrong with you?!? Why are you against the common man? Why? I really want to know what form of insanity has infected the hard right?

Diabetes, nearsightedness, and a limp from breaking one leg in seven places.
I'm not 'against' the common man...in fact, I'm one of the 'common men' that you seem so protective of. I work for a living, pay my bills, and spend too much time on the internet.
I'm not sure what's wrong with the hard right....or the hard left either, I think they're all fairly nuts (roughly as much so as a Payday bar...)
Next question?

Why are you against hard working Americans? What made you want to kiss that rears of those that have flushed the American dream for huge profits in China? Why?!?!?!?

Has it occurred to you that some of us who don't agree with this whole 'Occupy Wall Street' business aren't 'against hard working Americans', aren't 'insane', and aren't bought and paid for by the Chinese government? Most of us *are* hard-working Americans...in fact, we're so busy working that we don't have time to go sit in the streets and complain. We're busy making money, raising families, and building things...

I will say that I appreciate the irony of a movement complaining about how terribly impoverished and oppressed its members are being coordinated via the internet, cellular phones, and social media. I'm sure that most of the world's impoverished and oppressed would love to be so badly off. Perhaps the OWS crowd needs to ask a few pertinent questions about themselves...like "Where is the money backing this movement coming from?", or "What do we do if we 'win'?"....or even "What is a 'win' for us?". I've asked all three of those questions, and gotten either blank stares, vituperation, or both in reply....I'd like some actual answers, and the OWS folks *should* be at least as curious as I am..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by boncho

i could care less what other people are doing i take care of me and mine

Then what are you doing on ATS all the time floating out the GOP line. Trying to convince others to join
the conservative cause to screw the American working man in favor of the Corporate Oligarchy.

Want Peace? Work for Justice!
edit on 8-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you about the 100% part, and the movement where I live has discussed that, we do eventually want to be the 100%, but THEY need to change their ways.

You sound very ignorant saying they earned their money.
More like they cheated, gambled, and lied to get it.
Last I checked, that is NOT hard work.

The reason we "target" the one percent is because they own over half of America's wealth. Can you believe that?
That means, "hey, you already rich people: here's half of America's money."
The other 99%? Split what's left over.

Something just doesn't seem right there.

wow ... percent, percent, percent
do any of you know how MANY ppl you're talking about ??
do any of you have names of these 1% ??
then why are you protesting the fish in the barrel?

do you really think the 1% are comprised of ONLY Americans ?????????

let's do some math ... pop clock this moment ...

U.S. 312,382,171
World 6,967,084,109
15:29 UTC (EST+5) Oct 08, 2011
source
so, your 1% at that moment includes ... 69,670,841 people across the world, not just America.

that's a lot of millions of people ... so, what's the plan????

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You mean like this?

www.nytimes.com...

(oh i forgot, you're still waiting for an invitation... AND you're part of the 1% as you've claimed....)
edit on 8-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by nihonjindesu08

Migt want to let the folks in New York know that.

It started of in NYC on WS symbolically. That's obvious. They are in Washington and in over 800 other locations around the nation. Everyone cannot afford to get to one main location, but want to get involved and show their support.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

you make a few good points, however ...

Banks provide a service (lending money) and charge a fee for that service (interest). If you don't like the fee, don't use the service. If you *do* use the service, it's *your* responsibility, not the bank's, to exercise due diligence.
if this is some lame attempt to excuse predatory lending, you are sadly mistaken. The responsibility of "due diligence" falls on all parties, not just the borrower.
The abuse of power is only facilitated by the rampant ignorance of those participating.

geeeeeesh, and ppl wonder why there is confusion.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Another post of extreme right-winger ideas sticking together, staring each other and bashing on liberal ideas...
when
they
just
don't
get
it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Another post of extreme right-winger ideas sticking together, staring each other and bashing on liberal ideas...
when
they
just
don't
get
it.
Oh, please.
Educate us poor unwashed heathens with your vast knowlege and experience. Show us how wrong we are.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
You are absolutely wrong.

The 1% didn't earn anything but our hatred.

They profit off the blood and sweat of the people, and we the people will have our day.

We're drawing lines in the sand and it's clear which side you're on.

Enjoy the 1%, I'm sure that your masters will be happy to look after your every need.

hes not in the 1%...1% don't post on forums...let alone conspiracy forums. He WISHES he was in the 1% and he supports the idea of a 1% in spite of his own interests but...hes not in the 1%...I'd say maybe upper-middle but definitely no where near 1%...

The people supporting the "elites" aren't "elites" themselves...they fantasize maybe that they were but they just don't get it yet...they aren't supporting anything they are "part of" their world will come crashing down eventually when their 401K's and pensions are but dust in the wind...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is an article that I feel really sums up the situation of why the 99% feel how they do towards the 1%. Please look past the "Ron Paul" aspect as it's simply to grab your attention and cause a divisive angle towards the article.

RT - Ron Paul and the Occupy Wall Street Protest

Here's an excerpt:

Let’s say you are a young couple, newly married, anxious to get your piece of the American dream. And let’s say you decide to open your own hamburger stand.

Your first obstacle will be a maze of federal regulations. They are all well-intended, helping out the disabled, protecting the environment, providing for workers’ health. The problem is that there are too many of them and they cost too much.

When I worked in the Bush senior White House, I saw major companies come in and lobby for these regs. They wanted them to be imposed on small businesses too, even businesses with five employees. Why? Because it would knock out the Mom and Pop operations who couldn’t afford to implement them. By driving up costs, they could assure themselves a monopoly on hamburgers.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We all are the 100% BUT::
There are three parts to this,
#1- consumers, we all are consumers no matter what or who we are
#2- producers, most of us produce some thing that can be used or is for the good of every one, or is a service,
#3- manipulators, these seem to be that 1% that moves what ever is called money or monetary from both ends a and into their own accounts or into a dead pool thus canceling the velocity of the monetary substance.

I am sure that the 99% has come together as a group to question the 1% about their motives.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is an example of how bad the system is rigged.

Homeless man gets 15 years for stealing $100
digitaljournal.com...

Paul R. Allen, convicted of 3 billion dollar fraud. One of the largest in US history. Sentenced to 40 months.
compliancesearch.com...

Why is this so hard for people to understand the frustration with the criminals on wall street? Unless posters are being deliberately obtuse.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

I fully understand this. My problem with the protesters isn't their anger at Wall St. or the government that coddles the criminality to be found there. My problem with the protesters is the collectivist mentality of the organizers and the mob like disposition. My problem with the protesters is their seeming want for a more collectivist society that would rely on the very government that bailed out Wall St.

My problem with the protesters is that they have no clue what they're protesting and then look down their collective noses at myself and others for not throwing our blind support for a movement that has no direction. These people don't want restoration of what made America great, they want the destruction of America altogether. They want their fancy little revolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join