It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officers have no common sense.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
After reading this, it just makes me outraged to find out something like this could happen.

whatlawyersdo.com...

Officer Tickets Husband Driving Pregnant Wife in Labor to Hospital in Breakdown Lane December 5, 2008 by Eric The Boston Globe reports that the husband of a pregnant Dracut, Massachusetts woman whose contractions were three minutes apart was ticketed by a state police trooper for driving in the breakdown lane past rush hour traffic on the way to the hospital.

The husband actually stopped the car to ask the trooper, who was in the process of ticketing another driver, if he could continue to proceed in the breakdown lane to the next exit. The trooper refused the request, then had the couple wait by the side of the road while he finished ticketing the other driver, whereupon he told them they could expect to receive a citation in the mail. The trooper also requested to see the woman’s belly.

Really??? You see someone about to go into labor and you actually would rather stop them to write up a ticket? And to make it worst, you had to make them wait even longer because you had to write another ticket to someone else?!?!!?

Filthy pigs.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sorry, different take here........If it were me driving my wife, I wouldn't stop and ask for permission, I would just drive. Then if I had a cop behind me with lights on, I wouldn't stop until I got the hospital. So, no common sense for either party I guess. The poor wife had to be sitting there just going nuts over these two idiots and their thought processes!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

I agree. I wouldn't stop and ask permission. They could just follow me to the hospital. Many police officers don't seem to use common sense. These people should be brighter than the average public. They have the authority to use deadly force. I wonder why many of them really wanted to be officers in the first place.

join