It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Itchy (Images Included)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So i'm not allergic to anything I know of, i'm a clean person and haven't changed detergents, diet or anything.
I have clumps of bumps on me all over and they are very itchy, what could they be? I woke up last night with them and they were gone when i woke up. Now it's 3:38p and they're back.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'd go see a doctor if you're really concerned about it

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

Could be something your alergic to or even stress. If it last for a longer period look up 'Hives', very similar.
Anti allergy tablets can help. Hope you are feeling better soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Can't afford a doctor right now unfortunetly.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It looks more like bed-bugs to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Your trash can is almost full

Maybe mosquito's or ants? Eww maybe even Bed bugs.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I didn't have them when i woke up though. Its 4pm and they just came back!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.skinsight.com...

3 easy steps to identify your rash. hard to tell from your picture what it could be, a close up of a smaller area might have been better! good luck

dang spelling
edit on 7-10-2011 by research100 because: (no reason given)

itchy, an allergy pill might help that, or some over the counter benadril gel. Did you take a shower in case there is something on your skin that might be irritating you?
edit on 7-10-2011 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
here's a lil info and a pic on bedbug bites..

there seems to be an outbreak of these nasty lil critters all over north america in the last 3 years.

hotels.about.com...

here is a link for types of rashes from medicine .net ..maybe you'll find some clues in this link as well.

www.medicinenet.com...

hopefully you get some answers, and wishing you well with the diagnosis as well as treatment.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
bleach your matress dude... let it dry wash everything put new sheets etc and see what happens

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the links fellas, Im cleaning my bed right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Could be hives.

I'd never known what hives were until I met my girlfriend, who sometimes, in times of stress, will break out in hives that look fairly similar to that.

Besides that, the pattern of the bumps looks similar to the pattern that would be left from scratching too hard with the fingernails on your right hand. Maybe you got something nefarious under your fingernails at work or something and didn't clean them out properly?

Just thoughts, but I am certainly no doctor.

Try to mentally retrace your steps to the time before this happened, and maybe a little bit even before that. What do YOU think it could be? You would probably find the answer before any of us. What is different in your routine lately? Could be anything, because allergies are often suspicious.

If it keeps giving you trouble, try to get an allergy test. I hear they are horrible if you have a lot of allergies, but as a big tattooed man I think you can handle 40 pin pricks, 3 or 4 of which will itch like hell afterwards.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
here's a lil info and a pic on bedbug bites..

there seems to be an outbreak of these nasty lil critters all over north america in the last 3 years.

hotels.about.com...

here is a link for types of rashes from medicine .net ..maybe you'll find some clues in this link as well.

www.medicinenet.com...

hopefully you get some answers, and wishing you well with the diagnosis as well as treatment.

Damn it! SO THAT'S WHAT HAS BEEN BITING US!

Son of a...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

It looks like hives to me. I would take Benedryl (allergy meds) which is OTC and cheap. It'll probably make you drowsy but it works like a charm. Good luck...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Have you brought in any different blankets
or bedspreads lately? If so bleach those
also or get rid of them. Not an expert but
your rash looks like that in the image of
the bed bugs.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I provided a link with photos for comparison'

Stress can cause hives. Had them myself a long time ago....spent over $5,000 on Doctors just to find out I needed to get rid of my then Husband. He left, hives left

The Stress and Hives Connection

Hives are triggered by allergens. Some allergens that might cause hives or a stress rash include medications, food additives, food coloring, certain foods like peanuts, insect bites and stings, and even infections like strep.

Chronic Stress affects the body and health by reducing its immune response which also makes it unable to cope with these allergens.

Stressful life events and experiences can make your more susceptible to getting a skin stress rash.

Here’s how it works...

Quite a few nerve endings are connected to the skin (which is actually your largest body organ). Internally, skin wraps around your other organs, and, as you become stressed and emotional--your skin is actually affected.

Just like the nausea or upset stomach that you may have experienced when you were worried about an upcoming exam or an important meeting, your skin becomes “upset” when you are upset.

When your immune system is weakened by chronic stress, you are much more likely to have a reaction to irritants and allergens--giving you itchy, red, or pale swellings, known as hives or stress rash, on your skin.

Experts believe that there is a very strong link between emotional upsets or traumatic experiences and skin ailments.

Strong emotions which are not dealt with, may be released through the skin

www.stressaffect.com...]

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
uh, how can you bleach everything !
I had the bug once , just got an insecticide spray from any general store (the one for wasps is FINE!) , go in the room, have a mask around your nose and mouth, then use all that spray inside your bedroom (its bit toxic so do not stay too long in the room , spray quickly and LEAVE). If you have old wooden flooring, wooden frame bed and so on, try to make sure you cover all the joints where the sucker could hide. Then get out of the bedroom, close the door and go have a pint of beer or something for 2 hours. Come back and open the window for 1 hours then your bugs should be dead. O, I also did my bedding with the spray, it stinks BUT the blood suckers were dead.

O, about the spots going away in the night - did they fully dispensary, of they just got bit milder? I assume if you do not scratch them while you sleep, it could go better, but definitely not totally vanish..
edit on 7-10-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by h1satsu
I didn't have them when i woke up though. Its 4pm and they just came back!

If you're getting tiny itchy bumps and red "rashes" that seem to appear out of nowhere for no reason, those are usually hives caused by stress (as long as you didn't switch detergents or diet, which you said you didn't).

Yes, you can still be stressed out when you go to sleep, but after being rested, they usually are disappeared.

I would suggest recognizing what is causing your stress and try to solve that stressful situation, or afterwards, try doing something that relieves stress like exercising or watching a comedy. Anything that makes you feel happier and relaxed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It looks like an allergic reaction to me, aka Hives. I get them from time to time and they look exactly like that.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Appreciating the helpful replies fellas. This is the first count this has happened to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join