It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I actually do not know too much of this guy. The only info I found was from his Last.FM page.

Known to his friends and family as Matt Cutler, Lone started life as a bedroom child producer in Nottingham experimenting with hiphop, early 90’s hardcore, techno and electronic music for years before dropping his lush, dream-hop début opus “Lemurian”

This was quickly followed by a remix on Warp Records for Bibio and a deal with Actress’ London label Werk Discs, where he released the follow-up album “Ecstasy & Friends”, which merged an endless range of styles including 80’s funk, 90’s hiphop and his trademark - hazy, sun-drenched melodies inspired by long time heroes Boards of Canada.

With his warped out sound locked down by 2009, Lone has switched things up for ‘10, concentrating on a much heavier Chicago house/techno and early 90’s London rave sound aimed at destroying parties while simultaneously staying true to his beautiful, nostalgic melodic style.

(2011)

With the Kode9 backed “Once in a While” tune about to drop on Werk Discs and “Pineapple Crush” coming on his own Magic Wire label, support from artists and DJ’s such as Mr. Scruff, µ-Ziq, Glasgow’s LuckyMe crew, Machine Drum, FaltyDL and Rinse FM’s Alex Nut - Lone is one of the most exciting young producers out there, and certainly one to watch for the future.

I don't know how many of you like this kind of music but Lone has definitely been in my playlist for the past year and I thought I would share.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing Absco

But I'm going to be honest, these sounds are not my cup of tea.

I like to hear all music that's why I gave it a try, sounds ok mate dont get me wrong, just not my type.

Nice presentation though.

I like the second song aswell more than the rest. I'm also into music bigtime bro.

Anyway, thank's for this thread and take care

S&F.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

join