It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg/House Majority Leader Rip Into Occupy Wall St Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Wow. I thought Cain was bad enough yesterday. Seems like others are starting to chime in.

The Wall Street protesters are finally getting the attention they have been seeking, it seems. Eric Cantor, the No. 2 Republican in the House, denounced the Occupy Wall Street protests Friday as "mobs," and Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, charged demonstrators with "trying to take away the jobs of people working in this city."

Cantor, the House majority leader and a Republican from Virginia, told a gathering of conservative activists in Washington that he's "increasingly concerned" by the "growing mobs" at the protests, which have spread to Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C., and other cities after starting several weeks ago on Wall Street. Democrats are beginning to express support for the demonstrations, and Paul Krugman, the influential liberal columnist, suggests they could be the start of something big.

The protesters have resisted issuing specific demands, but they have expressed anger at growing inequality and at the distorting influence of money--particularly money from the financial industry--on the political system.

"The protests that are trying to destroy the jobs of working people in this city aren't productive," Bloomberg said.

Seems that some democrats are responding positively, although I don't care much what they say either. Both sides are the problem. Don't these politicians realize how out of touch these comments make them appear? Ridiculous when we consider the fact they were voted into office to represent the people. They then run the country into the ground, and complain about us complaining. Lovely.

Apparently, it's all our fault. We just aren't productive enough. I wonder what their definition of productivity is? Should we all just take advantage of people, and find ways to scam them out of their money, and follow that up by whining about them when they notice what we've done?

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 7-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ohhh the protesters are not helping because they are protesting?

That makes no sense Bloomburger, thats the point.

Get mad as hell cause your not gonna take it anymore,

is a good thing,

the results didnt come yet Bloomburger so hold on to your crotch rocket for now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Some would say Eric Cantor is dickless and a servant to the Oligarchy...

edit on 7-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccupyPlanet

is a good thing,

the results didnt come yet Bloomburger so hold on to your crotch rocket for now.

I think they all need a history lesson. Coulter as well. This country was built on our right to protest, and not let government get too big, and takeover every aspect of our lives.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by OccupyPlanet

is a good thing,

I think they all need a history lesson. Coulter as well. This country was built on our right to protest, and not let government get too big, and takeover every aspect of our lives.

They know that, my dear. They are very aware of what they are doing; it isn't accidental, it's deliberate. This is a war of the mind.

To all those in power who think you can stifle the cries of freedom; I pity you and your foolishness.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
First of all............ don't believe everything you read, secondly, don't believe in the Republican/Democrat paradigm.

Lastly, individuals on both sides are supporting and demeaning the protests.

People on ATS really need to get over this 2 party paradigm. Remember the "Deny Ignorance," slogan, it's there for a reason.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
First of all............ don't believe everything you read, secondly, don't believe in the Republican/Democrat paradigm.

Lastly, individuals on both sides are supporting and demeaning the protests.

People on ATS really need to get over this 2 party paradigm. Remember the "Deny Ignorance," slogan, it's there for a reason.

If I could give you 100 stars, I would.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The only thing unamerican is calling protestors unamerican. I hope someone is making a list of all these talking heads and politicians so they can drag them all into the street to answer for their remarks. Easy to hide behind a camera and spout of BS. See them do it in a crowd of AMERICANS.

Ever hear of the Boston Tea Party or the American Revolution. I am sure they called those people unamerican and terrorists too...but we now refer to them as the greatest Americans ever. Screw the politicos and the talking zombies. I feel sorry for them so ignorant and arrogant at the same time. It must suck to be mind controlled.

I feel sorry for the cops too. Because some day their kids are going to see them on film hurting people. Some day they are going to questions their parents and either join them or turn their backs on their parents.
I see signs stating the whole world is watching...how about your children are watching.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well considering Bloomberg is the mayor of NYC he is well aware of the affects the protests are having. The city does not revolve around the protest. Here is a bit more on Bloomberg's reactions to the protests.NY Post Too many people are not acknowledging the other issues with the protest. Fine and dandy to protest but when you start interfering with the necessities of day to day living in the city.... Drumming at night like was claimed in the article violates noise ordinances. So if someone gets fined it's not against you protesting it's because you broke a law.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think a chain text went out last night to all the Republican pundits, it said " Let's work this sucker, new keywords for the week, Mobs, Terrorist Mobs, feel free to use your imagination!"

Edit to add: Dem pundits got a similar text. And the initial texts started over scotch in some secret room with a bunch of elites that had a real laugh while typing those out.
edit on 7-10-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Bloomberg cares not for the 99% then,
he only cares for things to keep going smoothly,
because when things go smoothly,
the 1% get more money and power,
and the 99% get more fluoridated tap water to drink, less money and no power.

new topics

top topics

join