It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security moves forward with 'pre-crime' detection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
and not a whisper from Congress..of this being illegal....

I guess we see what side their on..

don't we ..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And now they have caught that group of ID thieves in NY who stole 13 million dollars! Really?
What about the banksters and politicians who stole trillions?
Is this new technology going to enable them to catch the existing thieves who thrive behind the protection of such enormous security laws and measures?

The only reason they exposed ID theft ring is because those are competition to the state itself.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Now would be a good time to become a "falsely accused of pre-crime" defense lawyer.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh god, thought police....

1984.... here we are....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I say, put up this system everywhere , make it automatic and make it detect and react to when the constitutional rights are being broken.
Identify the person whom goes against them, and automatically send a picture/identification of him to the court.
Make sure everything is being done by a computer system which does not take in consideration if the person is powerful or not.
Same for everyone.
Also make sure that this computer system is in charge of the making of new laws.
If someone tries to pass a new law, the computer system sends out a voting option to all citizens, and the result from that voting shall make up the foundation of the possibility to pass the law.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The thing I guess I'm not getting here is even if the software works 100% of the time (highly unlikely) they would still be using it in an attempt to stop a crime before it happens...so with the exception of maybe getting lucky and busting some wannabe terrorist with bomb making materials or pulling over a potential bank robbery getaway vehicle full of guys in masks and assault riffles, how are they thinking there's any other benifit to this. Intent only goes so far, but for most crimes commited the crime must be commited before anyone can be arrested anyways... "legally".

I mean, are they gonna start pulling husbands out of their household after an arguement when he says "god I could kill that woman!"?

Or will they arrest some kid for graffiti he hasn't commited on the basis that he has a can of spray paint, lives in an ethnic neiborhood, and potentially knows someone who's graffitied before?

None of it sounds logical to effectively work...with the exception of maybe homeland security and crimes where tools showing intent are found.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This dovetails nicely with the secret panel that decides you're an imminent terrorist threat...the new mini-drone force is notified....your cell phone gps is locked in and poof...you're dead....no warrants or lengthy costly trials, no cops needed to locate you ...the land of the free and the home of the brave !!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Does this pre-crime detection system predict which politicians are eager to violate the U.S. Constitution, take backroom bribes to pass corporate-enriching bills, or embezzle?

Somehow, it's more likely to detect citizens that might stand up against being denied their constitutional rights and for citizens who stand up against abuses of power.

Also, the FBI is pushing facial recognition software nationwide. We all have our friends on Facebook to thank for tagging our faces for the federal database.

Just looks more like tools of tyranny than to protect honest people.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ah yes. I was reading about this technology quite some time ago. I hope homeland security uses it with diligence in justice, and not to arbitrarily detain citizens. Such a tool can be used to completely eliminate the evils in society (i.e.-murders, violent offenders etc.). Surely there would be a global outcry in the misuse of such technology.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And to think....they were telling us 9 years ago....but we were too busy being entertained. Oh, and look at the technology, then! We're waaaaaaaaaaay behind!

Tom Cruise - Minority Report

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
gloves and sunglasses will become licensed and along with hoodies ,hats and caps banned from public areas.

dumbest part about this tech is that psyco/sociopaths pass it with ease , hence it has no real effect in the REAL WORLD.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

More than anything, this causes fear and suppression of one's behavior. It's a social and psychological method to control people. It's accuracy is only one aspect of the technology implemented.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Phillip K. Dick predicted this back in the 70s.

There are obvious dangers in profiling (stereotyping), but you guys also have to acknowledge that there are socio-economic and statistical facts that need to be factored in. Single-men for example are more prone to crime than married men or women. I didnt feel "offended" by that fact. I never committed a crime single or not, so the statistic does not offend me. But I can see how this and other statistics can be used to make general predictions.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ever notice how these things are so absurd and illogical in real world application?

That should be a big tip off.

You can do pre crime detect through whats called an IP address and sound social/engineering sciences which they already do. via Browser History in Real Time and through other techniques(surveillance). Not just rocket science came over to America on paper clip folks. Ways of using and maximizing sorcery came over as well

Thats why they call it the NET because its designed to build social psychological profiles on you and catalog you for classification. Echelon is what they said they have when they disclosed it but they have much better and more sophisticated technologies. (Notice how they have all linked....Google + Youtube or a user can sign in with another account etc.)

I dont know why they have the need to playdown what they already have in their hand. They always play dumb as if some of us don't already know what they have in their hands.

There are some of us out here that are more elite than those that show it in the public with (Money Power and Influence)
Just stand down before ya get yourselves hurt. Please.
Their are arenas of reality you have yet to see...I dont care if you are a 360 degree freemason that can do magic and went fishing regularly with Lyndon Johnson or you are hyperdimensional beings that hang out in parts of the heavenly kingdoms.
edit on 8-10-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Homeland Security moves forward with 'pre-crime' detection

news.cnet.com

An internal U.S. Department of Homeland Security document indicates that a controversial program designed to predict whether a person will commit a crime is already being tested on some members of the public voluntarily

If this sounds a bit like the Tom Cruise movie called "Minority Report," or the CBS drama "Person of Interest," it is. But where "Minority Report" author Philip K. Dick enlisted psychics to predict crimes, DHS is betting on algorithms: it's building a "prototype screening facili
(visit the link for the full news article)

Relax people because as long as we make the public aware of these actions by DHS we will gain public support
for the coming revolution. All they are trying to do is cause those of us that are here speaking out against them to be afraid of free speech. We must remain vigilent against oppression! I really don't expect any of this to happen. This is just fear mongering and TPTB know it. Remain calm, don't be afraid to speak out against the lies and remain peaceful at all cost. I believe their next step will be to frame those they deem to be the leaders of the dissent so make sure to video tape anything you do if you are a leader of resistance. Also try not to stand out, spread the knowladge and pass the bull horn around. This movement must remain anonymous and all must participate. Right now the prisons are overflowing but i'm sure they will make exceptions for those they deem to be enemies of the state! So in order for this movement to work we must all market ourselves as enemies of the state of fascism and even then expect many threats. The only peaceful card the elitist have left is the card of FEAR! This will be a long and hard fight but we will prevail. We must make them fear our resolve through cooperative resistance. We must bring truth where there are lies. Light where there is darkness. Selflessness where there is selfishness. Masses of median and low income cooperative voices where there is a small group of rich, powerful and silent puppeteers. Wall street can not be our only target because there are many tools at this groups disposal and we must target each one starting with the easiest ones to tear down and those are the ones that lie the most! Our voices are not our only tools either, we must realize our vote is important as well and I don't mean that meaningless vote we cast in november! I mean the one you cast any time you purchase something, when you watch the TV or anytime you support their system! I say their system because they control it and we are just consumers in it! most of our power can be through taking away theirs and that can only be done by us spending less, knowing more and talking out against any injustice, lies or bullying no matter who is perpetuating it because our decisions to act rightously effect those around us! We are the only hope to save ourselves no matter what you believe will happen in say 2012 or any other date or supposed event! We must prevail to peaceful action or we will fail to prevail at all!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How many times does this topic really need to be posted on ATS??? The search term: "Future Attribute Screening Technology" returns THREE PAGES of threads.

It's amazing that some topics, when posted three times get deleted but others when posted 10s of times don't...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Scary stuff indeed.

Will they be able to arrest you for having a thought crime or just keep closer tabs on you?

edit on 8-10-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
IMHO...

If "Anonymous" were a company, I would bet my last penny on its IPO. This may make people join Anonymous in droves. At least I believe so. Further, if it does, then we have entered the post modern era.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wow so they think they can take on the role of God...pathetic.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Sorry, nosacrificenofreedom. Now is not the time to relax on this issue. The facial recognition program has been widely (and somewhat quietly) in use for 15 years now. It is already in all major cities. Every streetlight camera, nearly all public building cameras, and possibly the camera inside the new cable consoles (and game consoles) already in most American homes can be plugged into the facial recognition system. When they're not tracking your face, they're keeping dibs on where your car goes with automated tag reads (from cameras feeding computers the data) and from on-board GPS. They're only making the public announcement because it is too late for the public to do anything. The infrastructure is in place and running successfully.

It would be of no concern at all if these systems were only used benevolently. But there are always people or organizations that seek to have more power or more funding that could use these powerful systems for their own purposes (not for the public good).

I'm all for having people pay for their crimes, but I'm wary of having a complete control grid that makes honest citizens trapped in a virtual prison. Besides, what will the bounty hunters do for work when the computers take over?

Did you know that the newest trend is for families to buy total security packages that enables a mother or a father to watch every room of their home from any computer or smart phone? Any data transferred over the internet is easily sent to multiple "watchers," even if one of the watchers is "just" a predictive behavior monitoring system... perhaps even one of the predictive behavior supercomputers Google is testing to see if they can predict how you think and what you'll do next. The present reality of what is quietly in use is far beyond Philip K. Dick's Minority Report scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join