It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security moves forward with 'pre-crime' detection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for bringing this to our attention; S & F. I dread this sort of thing being applied to any culture. In no time any & everyone could be guilty until proven innocent. Uh-oh, shades of 1984- I just committed a thought crime & told other people!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
blink your eyes sporadically, twitch here and there, throw off your breathing patterns. fail this thing up and down intentionally.

then throw a huge fit when they start questioning you.

if we all do this the system is useless. and impossible to calibrate.

make sure to never give them a "control" to compare against. a consistent failure is not a failure.

none of the things i have just listed are illegal.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I suffered from that sort of thing in college quite frequently. Original ideas weren't just frowned upon, & critical thinking was discouraged. The general climate was, "don't think outside of the box & shut up & do as we say". Not all of my professors were like this, but most were. I & people like myself were immediately branded with the terms "rebel" & "troublemaker", even though I always treated everyone with respect & never made trouble. It's also a thought crime to out-think a teacher.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Someone might be a terrorist, we had better install thoughts meters on everyone and arrest anyone who may even contemplate a crime. Once we are forced to get chips embedded into us, everything will be alright. They can turn off our life at will. Technological progress. Isn't it wonderful?

and we allow all our freeedoms to be taken from us why?

with trepidation,
Golden

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

My education at UC Berkeley, was very opposite. Free thinking was encouraged, debate was encouraged. Then again, admission is very selective and difficult if not impossible at high end institutions.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Lucky you. Unfortunately many high end institutions, such as the one I attended, are ultra-conservative & quite narrow-minded. Their agenda goes right along with the OP's reporting of pre-crime detection. The last thing they want their institution to become is a free-thinking university like Berkeley.
edit on 7-10-2011 by RomaMayLi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

I always sat in the back row of the classroom and reading some good book

Never fit into working class conditioning system.

This is going to bring to its end the age of conformism. People will be more willing to fight against oppression.
The problem with rights and freedom will be hopefully cleared.
For rights you have to fight, freedom - you have to defend.
Where there are rights, especially if there are too many rights, there is no freedom. Even the most stupid and cowardly will have to acknowledge this.

The behavior of the ruling class, as it is, will put additional pressure on the people whose system already cannot stand such oppression.

I don't know what exactly they have in stock, but these big systems tend to malfunction from inside.

Last time it was tried on large scale was in Hitler's Germany and in Stalin's Soviet Union.

Hitler's ideal super human Aryan was actually a super slave, willing to do all he was commanded and totally ideologically and emotionally disconnected from all but his masters (chain of command).
In USSR it was more like everyone was spying on everyone, in truth, their system was randomly perpetrating attacks on anyone or blackmailing people into cooperation.

Totalitarian systems typically feed on themselves, reducing their own energy package.
This is the kind of parasitism which has no sense for measure.

I expect an ultimate attempt to produce a global totalitarian Hell, the rule of ignorance, to which most humans already are subjects.

It is the ignorance which is the source of all human weakness.

Ignorance means hope that you will be spared where you need to accept personal responsibility.
In most families children are raised to obey, to be dutiful, to answer to their superiors. God's commandments are in that spirit. It is an enormous task for everyone to overcome this and de-condition themselves.

It is difficult to fight this conglomerate of historical civilization's hodge-podge. Who really knows what democracy is? Is it political correctness - a carefully and practically without resistance, imposed auto-censure. This kind of conditioning is typical Nazi or Bolshevik "political appropriateness". People fall for it, it is a good and painless substitute for political awareness, and it eliminates all critical attitude in them. In the mean time, the Constitution was made inoperable. The whole system has been systematically turned into the mirror image of what it was supposed to be.

Now, any demand to have a voice of your own, and to act as the constitutional source of laws, is classified as terrorism or treason.

I wish everyone good luck, but without truly understanding what this is about, chances of retaining freedom are very small.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
See you guys in the FEMA camps I guess.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh oh, voluntarily huh? Just how does that work.

“We think you may one day commit a crime. Would you volunteer to be monitored?”

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You've done it again. Given me a stomach ache.

OMG, HS, JFC. S&F&

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadesofGrey78

time cop?

anyway this is really stupid and will never work, but im happy as always to see our tax dollars squandered.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Tell you what, I have a clean record, so there is no way I'll commit a crime anytime soon.
27 years of staying out of trouble, there isn't a reason I would break the law.
If ats is a reason then they be messing with my freedom, that's all I'll say.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sounds like profiling to me. Last I heard profiling was unconstitutional.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
From your link:

It also says that the next field trial of FAST will involve members of the public who "have food service experience" and are paid "to work at a one day VIP event."

Most of the document is redacted, but each person is apparently told to act normally or to do something demonstrating "mal-intent," such as being told to smuggle a recording device into the VIP event. The trick, then, is to see if FAST can detect which is which.
Read more: news.cnet.com...

Hmmm...shades of alphabet agency testing techniques of the past. Of course there would be collaboration on something of this sort I would think?

How ugly it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Pre-crime detection? So they'll be questioning you about things you haven't even done yet... Wooooow... That tiny little sliver of hope for our Govt I put into storage a loooong time ago just vanished...

What happened to our Bill of Rights? Oh yeah, the Patriot Act happened...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Unfortunately artificial intelligence has been used for a lot of years to detect
the presence of intelligent dissent. I sincerely believe anybody awake will
eventually be unable to diguise it, considering the rate of decay in our national
(maybe global) level of proper education. Rand Corp. meets long range MRI...
outstanding, nobody stands a chance.
I read in the last couple of months a hint by a major player in the microwave
industry there's a human sonar algorithm already developed that will literally
ping your brain for "dangerous". Could have been Ray Kurzweil or one of his
buddies... it sounds all too barely plausible and probably therefore exists.
Maybe Big Sis's definition of dangerous is anybody who can add two and
two and get the cube root of sixty-four. Or maybe ignorance of the Consti-
tution will be a get out of camp card. If they know our answers without
asking the questions, I think most of us around here are pre-F'd.
Enjoy your artificial meat and undead bread, Fred. And pass the catch-up:
or should I say accellerdowner? You want those potatotennas? God help us.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I can't believe the thinking sometimes. In the PDF document it talks about exemptions for withholding documents under FOIA. Exemption 6 says, "exempts from disclosure personnel or medical files and similar files the release of which would cause a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy."

But, they have no problem sneaking into your home for a search of your personal files, etc without letting the owner know or having a warrant, electronically storing your medical files for the government health program, searching your cell phone during a traffic stop, warrantless communication interception, TSA sexual assaults at the airport, soon to come to other venues, and they, public servants, are honestly going to claim "clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy"!!!

Maybe I am ready for the rubber room or something, but this government is completely out of control with behavior like schizophrenic sociopaths!!!

Wow! I need a ticket out of here, but they probably won't let me because I am on their list.

edit on 8/10/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I would prophesize, with current trends, that the next major target is education.
Yes I know they already targeted that, but they did with my two last threads too, as this thread and the FBI launching facial recognition project thread. They already targeted that too, but now even more.

Education would be the next logical element to target even more
Now it's just bad education, be ready for some SERIOUS indoctrination Stalin style!

Funny that you mention that.

The CDC and Homeland Security will start to offer classes fairly soon when their new building gets finished at my college. I'm signing up for classes. Both will be in the same building.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Scanning people to determine their intentions, wouldn't that be something like a lie detector test? Hardly sounds reliable or admissible as evidence. Why bother with all that when they can just label you terrorist and send you off to other countries to do what ever they want to you.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It only works if you allow yourself to be emotionally conditioned. Emotions are conditioned reactions, get rid of them and they will be blind. And you will be much happier

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join