It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI to launch nationwide facial recognition service

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Xcellent, well said!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am pretty sure the NSA has been doing it all along. This is just the transparency stage to force American's to adapt. Big Brother has been ahead of the game for a couple decades and more so since 9/11.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Yup. Yet another program started by Bush and embraced by Obama.

Ron Paul 2012.

From December of 2007:

FBI Prepares Vast Database Of Biometrics

CLARKSBURG, W. Va. -- The FBI is embarking on a $1 billion effort to build the world's largest computer database of peoples' physical characteristics, a project that would give the government unprecedented abilities to identify individuals in the United States and abroad.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Already happened in the UK.

All new passports have an RFID chip with the owners name, address and photograph encoded in a very poorly encrypted state. My latest passport is just over two years old and has a chip with a BIG aerial.

DNA data will soon be added to this via swab sample on application at official centres.

For the past ten years, UK Police have demanded DNA swab tests from every person to be arrested in the UK.
They are permitted to keep the records whether you are convicted or not. This is stored digitally along with your mugshots, fingerprints, copies of all your paperwork, links with other known fellons, posessions etc.

They even make you cite all your previous convictions. Mine went back thirty years to when I was ten. Everyone thinks that criminal records are erased after 5-7 years for misdemenours. This is obviously not true.

When they arrest you, they tell you that "you can give DNA freely or we will corner you in a cell and we will take it by force". i.e. rip the hairs from your head!
This is not an exaggeration. I have been there and naturally opted for the less-painful option.

I later found out that it was not compulsary for a sample to be taken at that time. Since 7/7 they can and do use force.

The UK has the most CCTV per square mile than anywhere in the world, not to mention speed cameras, but we do seem to have surprisingly fewer police on the streets.
If you do see somebody in a police uniform, it's more likely to be a "Special Constable", a police volunteer.
They get uniforms, police radios and have the job of snooping around your neighborhood like vigilantes.

We watched a couple of these walking past our pub a year ago. Some youngsters gave them a bit of language and within minutes, a ten-man riot response squad arrived with full body armour, sheilds and batons.

This is not the England I grew up in.

This is a cost saving excercise being organised by men in suits.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thieves are stealing all their potential victims' information so they can do to them as they please.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

As usual another way to make money out of populations information, that is what capitalism in America is all about right? nothing but dirty crocks running the government agencies buying whores to be able to ram laws to favor free Enterprise, for the dirt that makes the technology and the fat rats that will profit with the information.

So dirty and obscene and people doesn't even get it, some will gladly give their new born babies to be chip and tagged like darn dogs.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The state of Nevada has been working on this for a number of years.

They have been building a data base of convicted felons and there probation prole status from there state and other states to be able to spot felons in there state without permission from other state and felons going into places like gun stores or gun shows.

if they can identify these felons in violation before they commit crimes in Nevada and arrest them it would cut down on a lot of crime.

a felon has no business going to gun shows and should be arrested on the spot.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
So....I figure it this way....if you are not doing anything wrong...you have nothing to worry about!

Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither and lose both..

And I dont even have to wonder how our rights disappear because the colorful folks at ATS prove why its so easy to take away rights of people with statements like this..

Its not a thing of who you are and what your doing.. Its none of thier business untill you become a criminal..

Originally posted by MysticPearl
What happens if you gain 20 lbs?

If you want to see how this works, Watch the show Las Vagas that was on TV, they were forever using it.
edit on 10/8/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Well say this is not targeting "criminals" this is to profit from the law abiding citizens our information is profitable no the criminals information.

Plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Criminalizing people and creating "convicted felons" is a creation of inexhaustible "natural" resource.
I guess, they have taken after the Genesis, creating a world where everything belongs to "man" and is at his disposal.
This is the underlying idea of all religions and capitalisms from the dawn of history.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This technology is already in place in Australia, it just hasn't been made public so very few people are aware of it. I am also fairly certain the infrastructure was up and running in the US before it was in Australia and it was actually rolled out by the same company.

If you live in NSW, Australia and drive a car you would be well aware of the new 'Safety Camera" system that has been rolled out which is a combination Red Light and Speed Camera system, and you would also be aware of the point to point speed cameras on Hwy's. The cameras that you might not have heard about are the new dashboard cameras being installed in NSW police patrol cars.

All of these cameras have facial recognition capabilities which was disclosed to the public. They only promoted the 'ANPR' technology or 'Automatic Number Plate Recognition' system and failed to declare that a simple change in operating software turned these cameras into a facial recognition system. Within months of the first camera being installed the RTA (roads and traffic authourity) quietly announced that they had decided to begin using new facial recognition software for 'Driver Licence' identification. The reason given was to help stop identity fraud and they also mentioned that they had saved us from the inconveniance of having to get new licences because they had already been taking the Biometric photos for their database.

RTA Facial Recognition Launch

Now this is where it gets really scary. The company that rolled out this system in both Australia and the US and other countries is called Redflex. This company not only installed the invasive cameras, they took over the entire operation of the system and were paid commission on the revenue they raised. They were given complete access and control of the Governments database. Redflex still has control of the entire system, the reason I speak of them in the past tense is that the company was purchased recently for over $250million and you will never guess who now has control of Big Brother -

The Carlyle Group and Macquarie to Buy Redflex for $2.74 (A$2.70) Per Share in $304 Million (A$300 Million) Transaction

Washington, DC – Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group and Macquarie Group Limited announced today that they have entered into an agreement to acquire Redflex Holdings Limited, a global traffic safety company, for approximately $304 million (A$300 million). Carlyle and Macquarie will acquire all of the ordinary shares in Redflex for $2.74 (A$2.70) per share (subject to certain exchange rate adjustments). The transaction is subject to shareholder and regulatory approval and expected to close in June 2011.

Headquartered in South Melbourne, Australia and predominantly based in the United States, Redflex manufactures and operates highway safety equipment that saves thousands of lives a year. The company’s traffic enforcement products and services include the largest network of digital speed and red-light cameras in the world. Redflex listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in January 1997.

The Carlisle Group - Announcment of takeover

Could it possibly be in worse hands? I doubt it.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
What happens if you gain 20 lbs?

Bone structure and eye color don't change no matter how your weight fluxuates.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
After reading the article...the way I am understanding this is.....the FBI will have a picture of someone...they don't know their name....this new system...will help to match the unknown person...to what their name is. The FBI will then be able to identify faster the criminal they are looking for.

So....I figure it this way....if you are not doing anything wrong...you have nothing to worry about!

There is a problem in your reasoning in that we as civilians have little or no say whatsoever as to what laws are created that legally define the bounds of criminality.

Criminality as defined by law has many definitions and subsequently due to the vast array of said laws can change overnight.

As the American citizens of Japanese descent learned in 1942, a law could be enacted overnight requiring one, based solely upon one's heritage, and without absolutely no history whatsoever of any prior criminal misconduct, to relinquish all of their constitutional rights and property ownership and immediately report to a prison camp under code of law.

Failure to acknowledge and to cooperate with this mandate made one in violation of the Law and in essence a criminal.

This is the problem with this facial recognition system.

Simply due to the fact that what constitutes criminality today very well mightn't apply tomorrow.

And we have very little say in the matter.

Simply ask the survivors of those Japanese American victims who lost everything simply due to their race.

And yes, I am using the race word/card because that is the honest TRUTH in the matter.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

You make some very good points....and have taught me something....I am thinking (unfortunately)....you are right.

I did some checking...and right here in the city of Seattle...during WW2 .....I am ashamed to say....they had such camps for the Japanese.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

The Carlyle group we should boycott those dirty rats, lo and behold we dissected that group many times in ATS to exposed their dirty business and their roots.

The dirty bastards a whole bunch of fascist politicians most of them.

edit on 8-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Absolutely Marg6043. I could tell you some stories about this lot of dangerous corporate terrorists. If I were to have taken a guess a few years ago as to which company would want control of the facial recognition spy cameras it would have been The Carlise Group. Surprise surprise, they bought Redflex.

Im surprised people don't seemed to be to concerned that these cameras have been installed without their knowledge. Maybe I wasn't clear in my last post. Despite the fact they are passed off as speed and red light cameras, they run 24/7 and log every car that passes. The excuse for this is 'traffic data'. They also no longer contain film, they are live cameras that are monitored.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

I believe they are run by private entities no even the government and is centers all over the states all run by private interest while hiding behind government, Jesse Ventura was after some of the centers trying to find out who was running, them and nobody wanted to tell, but he found out that they were funded by tax payer but no run by government.

That should be a red flag as to who is behind all this population control.

We need to fight this dirty entities our children future is in danger here.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

People needs to know the dirty people behind this facial regonition service, we need people to be awared of the deception.

Carlyle was started by a member of the family that owns the Marriott Corporation and by a man named Steven Morris twenty five years ago. The board of directors consist of major present and ex-politicians as well as public servants from governments all over the world. Frank Carlucci, who was Secretary of Defense under President Reagan is the current Chairman of the Board. Many ex-politicians from both political parties are either paid consultants to the Group or on the corporations payroll, receiving benefits in stock of these various corporations the Group invests in.

Mr. Carlucci in his last days in the White House under President Reagan, managed to lobby and put through major changes at the Security Exchange Commission so that U.S. Corporations greatly reduced the reporting requirements of U.S. corporations reporting their foreign ownership or investments abroad. However, enough information was left to follow the "money".

You will learn of the unethical dealings and corruption of our politicians. You will now understand why we became involved in the Gulf War, the present Iraq war, and all wars of the last twenty five years. And why the present administration suddenly has an interest in Africa, when four years ago, President Bush said America had no interest in Africa. This is not just about Republicans, politicians from both parties are involved in this corruption.

I have written how America is mostly owned by people and corporations from other countries including the Arabs, the Japanese, the South Koreans, and certain power families in Germany and Britain. You will see the truth in this documentary.

We should not be forced to take anything from crocks.

www.dldewey.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join