It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIDS, Alzheimer's, Cancer - and Mad Cow Prions. What's the Story?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

None of this has anything to do with a mid-life crisis.

I'm fed up with people not doing a damn thing.

And the "Occupy Wall Street" and elsewhere crowd is not the conspiracy theory community.

They are not there because the Government lies about Area 51.

They are not there because the Government lies about military spending.

They are not there because the Government lies about why we're in wars.

They are there because they are tired of being lied to about where the money went.

While this is a start it will not end well because those in power will manipulate the situation.

Did you know that about 20 states are currently in a state of disaster?

The next thing we will hear is that these people were carted off and no one will hear from them again.

Then comes anyone and everyone who have ever said anything derogatory against Government.
edit on 10/15/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

None of this has anything to do with a mid-life crisis.

I'm sorry you took it that way, not what I meant at all. ...Just meant that different awarenesses come at different times in life. If we let them. ...When they do, and if it happens right, they are a world shattering shock. Way bigger than just a Eureka! moment.

The awareness that it is "pointless" is one such landmark. The truth is, it is pointless; another truth is, it's not pointless.

Part of being human means we keep going even in the face of despair. It's the coolest thing about the human species, this ability to endure fully informed conscious despair and still keep trying.

Bless you.

edit on 15/10/11 by soficrow because: tweak

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Now all they have to do is throw in some kind of rabies and you may have you're zombie epidemic on your hand lol. Dead Island the ppl became zombies there the same way mad cow take sover bulls so I guess you just don't know and as I always say fact is stranger then fiction; not saying there going to release a zombie epidemic btw lol. Anyways, I'm sure anything other then the common cold and the flu are probably

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You're just running around in circles now.

The Big Bang Theory - Schrodinger's cat

My bad, wasn't trying to sidetrack your thread, I'll quit doing that now.

We as a community need to get involved, politically, or no one is doing anything.

Shrodinger's Cat is an absurd theory about dealing with real, critical, life issues.

Either face the issues, and deal with them, or you're avoiding reality.

You're either part of the solution, or part of the problem, or you are the problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

We as a community need to get involved, politically, or no one is doing anything.

Shrodinger's Cat is an absurd theory about dealing with real, critical, life issues.

Either face the issues, and deal with them, or you're avoiding reality.

You're either part of the solution, or part of the problem, or you are the problem.

I'll buy that. ...As long as you recognize that different people have different ways of facing reality and dealing with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

I'll buy that. ...As long as you recognize that different people have different ways of facing reality and dealing with it.

I have no issue with people facing reality differently or dealing with it differently.

I do have a problem with people avoiding it altogether.

And or burying their heads in the sand and or up their proverbial backside.

There are too many evidenciary links suggesting A.I.D.S. was manufactured.

As a means to rid this planet of black people and drug addicts.

In the end since no one investigates that and or follows that trail it becomes an Ouroboros.

One example of course but it is just like all other conspiracies.

If no one is going to actually DO SOMETHING with the information?

Then by rota and rhetoric the yammering of conspiracy theorists is an Ouroboros as well.

Get off of the hamster wheel and escape the cage or the bully-boy will keep poking you.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I continue to admire your level of knowledge on this subject.

I agree that studying prions may very well lead to a better understanding of the other diseases you have listed. however, why are you mischaracterizing this long list of diseases as prions?

there are very few known proteins that can impose their malformed state on other proteins. the misfolding in the majority of the diseases you have listed is not by this cause.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is a great thread thank you for posting it..I have Cystic fibrosis is a recessive genetic disease which affects some of the organs particularly the lungs and pancreas...CF is caused by a mutation in the gene for the protein cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator..I'm on some very strong medications without these drugs i would die ..I have experimented on my own with different Vit such a E and D and i eat a very healthy diet but i still have to take all this medication to live but ive noticed with the vits im takeing ive made it to 38 soon 39 on the 28th of this month so i have out lived many with this horrible disease..All the Drs are doing is trying treat the disease the same prevention is used on almost every CF patient..The drugs to keep me alive each month run in the thousands so if the elite are planing on the quarantine and depopulation phase i sure wont live long without medications so far there is NO cure for Cystic fibrosis (so they say) ..Peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Great thread, only managed to read the first page.

Here is an article I found.

biomedgerontology.oxfordjournals.org...

All cells count on precise mechanisms that regulate protein homeostasis to maintain a stable and functional proteome. Alterations in these fine-tuned mechanisms underlie the pathogenesis of severe human diseases including, among others, common neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease. A progressive deterioration in the ability of cells to preserve the stability of their proteome occurs with age, even in the absence of disease, and it likely contributes to different aspects of “normal” aging. A group of experts in different aspects of the biology of aging met recently to discuss the implications of altered protein homeostasis in aging, the current gaps in our understanding of the mechanisms responsible for proteome maintenance, and future opportunities for discovery in this area. We summarize here some of the key topics and main outcomes of the discussions.

It seems that the discovery of Mad Cow disease has created a whole new perspective, and opened a whole new world of medical research.

Yeah, big Pharma, like all current ICs seem to be moving more and more towards total evil. The one bright light is that the bean counters are essentially gambling addicts, and they will keep doing what they are doing until the whole scheme falls apart.

Scientists don't have enough control, or really any control, over what they create, which is why I chose not to go into science. While most of them have good intention, too many are standing on the shoulders of the minds of the past, reaching into a dark place to pull out whatever they can grab, and just to see what they pull out.

Our world is currently being ran by the drive for profit, even when that works contrary to the fight for survival. We live in a disposable society of planned obsolescence because people don't know what else to do. Our religions do not teach us anything real about virtue.

Eat natural, don't bother with vitamins, eat healthy, consistently exercise moderately. Eat soybeans and potatoes instead of pasta and rice.

These prions are also the way we evolve, apparently. Good living may be the path to beating the system, evolving, having children who are more evolved.

Buy the good milk.

Keep finding good information like has been put out on this thread. Thanks Soficrow.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I continue to admire your level of knowledge on this subject.

Why thank you, thank you. [Elvis impersonation.
]

....why are you mischaracterizing this long list of diseases as prions?

I'm going with a) the original definition of prion as "proteinaceous infectious particle, and b) a primary evolutionary mechanism that arises "spontaneously" to sometimes alter the genetic code.

there are very few known proteins that can impose their malformed state on other proteins.

Any protein can misfold under the right (wrong) conditions; many misfolded proteins can propagate, again under the right conditions, making them infectious misfolded proteins. One rule of thumb when evaluating misfolded proteins in disease - if the protein causes disease, it's infectious.

the misfolding in the majority of the diseases you have listed is not by this cause.

Prion diseases are officially acknowledged to be sporadic, familial or acquired - most are recognized as capable of being any of these.

Prion diseases ...can be sporadic (spontaneous), familial (genetic/inherited) or acquired (transmitted by infection).

Studies tend to find prion diseases are about 90% "sporadic" - meaning they arise spontaneously. As in spontaneous generation.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It makes sense that factory food processing would cause improper protein folding. Gotta wonder how much microwaving food creates prions. How much of the constantly transmitted electronic signals that we are constantly bombarded with is linked to cancer.

What is the possibility that cancer is cause by prions? I would think fairly high. It seems most likely that cancer is a result of a disease that takes a long time to incubate. Like AIDS and Alzheimer, Cancer is as common disease that still has modern medical science completely baffled, and it is a growing concern.

I admit, I am guilty of all too many visits to fast food simply for the convenience, but more and more I am trying to avoid processed foods, go for the meats and vegetables, and cook at home.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It makes sense that factory food processing would cause improper protein folding. Gotta wonder how much microwaving food creates prions. How much of the constantly transmitted electronic signals that we are constantly bombarded with is linked to cancer.

What is the possibility that cancer is cause by prions? I would think fairly high.

Yes - with different proteins for different cancers. Here's an interesting one, suggesting the beneficial side of things:

Cancer Protein's Surprising Role as Memory Regulator

Scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School have found that a common cancer protein leads a second, totally different life in normal adult brain cells: It helps regulates memory formation and may be implicated in Alzheimer's disease.

Cyclin E is a well-known culprit that drives many types of solid tumors and blood cancers.

It seems most likely that cancer is a result of a disease that takes a long time to incubate.

Yes, prion diseases tend to take a while to show symptoms - often decades. Which is why the NCD Pandemic was hushed up when it exploded in 2000 - and why our leaders are really sweating.We ain't seen nothin' yet.

Like AIDS and Alzheimer, Cancer is as common disease that still has modern medical science completely baffled, and it is a growing concern.

Not completely baffled - now that scientists are free to talk about prions and other misfolded proteins, the truth is coming out. ...fyi - The disease-name links in the OP lead to more info and links showing the protein-disease associations.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Here are several very pertinent videos from another thread, posted by mnmcandiez and JustXeno. The first 3 are about prions, the last one is a vaccine expose. Enjoy.

edit on 17/10/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

The drugs to keep me alive each month run in the thousands so if the elite are planing on the quarantine and depopulation phase i sure wont live long without medications so far there is NO cure for Cystic fibrosis (so they say) ..Peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

I'm sorry you're sick sugarcookie - and sorry the drugs that keep you alive are so expensive.

...Things aren't looking good for bringing costs down and getting supports I'm afraid. The WEF decreed that the NCD Pandemic is an economic issue, not a health issue. Now nations are pulling the plug on programs. We're talking about it here: Sick People, Not Corporate Greed, Causing Financial Crisis.

Join us if you can, and take care.
sofi

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This thread needs resurrection.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: divideandconquer

Thanks - I think so too, just don't have the time right now. But prion research continues and much is being learned about how, why and when prions form. Good news is, they're not always destructive - like when they form to create memories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join