It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebuilding civilization after the SHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I came across this today...There is something called a Global Village Construction Set and it seems like the ultimate prepper resource for reconstruction after a SHTF scenario. OSE provides the know-how to make essential machinery needed to build a functioning civilization. The closed-loop idea is very cool. It’s interesting to me to see people apply modern technology and local resources to create a sustainable civilization which can be replicated virtually anywhere. I wasn’t sure if you preppers out there have seen this yet. I did see a link to it on ATS in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... but I haven't seen any discussion. They have some pretty interesting ideas so I thought I’d share for those who haven't seen it.

Check it out: opensourceecology.org...
"Open Source Ecology is a network of farmers, engineers, and supporters that for the last two years has been creating the Global Village Construction Set, an open source, low-cost, high performance technological platform that allows for the easy, DIY fabrication of the 50 different Industrial Machines that it takes to build a sustainable civilization with modern comforts. The GVCS lowers the barriers to entry into farming, building, and manufacturing and can be seen as a life-size lego-like set of modular tools that can create entire economies, whether in rural Missouri, where the project was founded, in urban redevelopment, or in the developing world. The Global Village Construction Set (GVCS) is a modular, DIY, low-cost, high-performance platform that allows for the easy fabrication of the 50 different Industrial Machines that it takes to build a small, sustainable civilization with modern comforts."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Naw. Something just doesn't seem right about that. It's like it misses the whole point. The # is gonna hit the fan for a reason...that reason is to end the age of Kali Yuga. The next age will be alright without our help "rebuilding civilization".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
uh things just got done f'd up I think imma sit around and have me some sex and eat me some moose

new topics

join