It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resemblance of Horus and a Lamassu!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just wanted to share something i found.

Horus:

Horûs was a sky god who took the shape of a falcon with the sun and moon for eyes.
In ancient Egyptian religion, God with his powers devoted to the sky, light and goodness.

Lamassu:

A Lamassu is a protective deity, often depicted with a bull or lion's body, eagle's wings, and human's head.
In art, lamassu were depicted as hybrids, winged bulls or lions with the head of a human male.

Now check out the following two pics:

Horus:

Lamassu:

Please tell me you see the obvious resemblance?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

"The first distinct lamassu motif appeared in Assyria during the reign of Tilgath Pilser."; which was around 1,100 BC.

To say who came up with the idea first, the Ancient Egyptians or the Mesopotamians, well, I'm not exactly sure. Although the head of it looks similar to the head of Horus, the body more closely resembles a sphinx.
edit on 10/7/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Makes you think about the whole ancient aliens series where they talked about cultures from different regions all worshipping the same deities, I know Mesopotamia is basically modern day Iraq and a bit of it's northern modern day neighbors.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reignite

In art, lamassu were depicted as hybrids, winged bulls or lions with the head of a human male.

The image you link to shows a hybird creature with a birds head?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Actually it's Heru-ur...
Didn't Dr. Jackson cleared that out yet?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes, but the source says Lamassu:

www.joanannlansberry.com/fotoart/assyrian/2griffn.html

And it also says 'often'. I think a Lamassu can be anything hybrid with wings

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Thats true. But the Egyptians and the Assyrians are known for it's hybrid creatures in all forms and colors...

I don't think they are the same , but rather the same sort. Which could mean the egyptians and the assyrians shared a similair kind of hobby.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

I think that only happened in that specific region. I mean, Asia and America clearly had different deities. But I do believe they were of the same type.

new topics

top topics

join