It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was to be a World War III and the nuclear exchange were to be started, Could it be stopped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
As the title says "If there where a World War" then obviously nuclear powers would be involved, But if the actual nuclear missile's and whatnot was to be fired and going off on a tangent, The E.T presence where to stop all nuclear silo's and all nuclear weaponry from being fired, Then what would really happen to the way people actually thought about the universe.

And would there still be a war but just not a human ending in 5mins war as it had been "prevented" by the E.T's.

That is obviously hard for some people to comprehend but how would it change people in general if it where undeniable anymore that we have had a "presence" for a long time?

Peace out

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, first of all, if a nuclear exchange is going to happen, the President isn't going to appear on television to say "hey guys, we're gonna launch a bunch of nukes at Russia, so tune in at 8:30pm for all the exciting footage."

It's going to be a total surprise to everyone involved except those who are literally as high up in power as possible.

Nobody will know it's happening.

If the aliens stopped the nukes from launching, it WOULD stop the war, at least for a time, as the nations that prepared to launch nukes would feel devastated that their launch didn't work, and would have to investigate why.

However, I don't think that aliens would really be too upset if we were to kill each other... I can't see too much on this planet worth saving anymore. They'd probably consider it our fate and a necessary cleansing of the evil on this planet, and maybe help reseed life after a time passed and the earth was made habitable again.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'd like to think if some idiots somewhere started nuking eachother that a higher power would stop the nukes....send an EMP out and send all of us back a hundred years or so...I don't think anyone is trustworthy of this technology.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Havent you seen Superman IV: The Quest for Peace?

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Mod's if in wrong section please re-direct?
Just couldn't think where else to put it?

Peace out

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
No, It could not be stopped. That's the whole point of the nuclear threat. If one was launched, they all would be launched. There is only one way to stop a nuclear missile in air and it has a kill switch done through a broadcasted encrypted key. Now there is a problem with that and it is due to some areas on earth are dead when it comes to the airspace with signals. So, it is still possible that the missile would continue on, the other misfire wold be sue to a software or hardware glitch on the receiver.

Bottom line of all 10k warhead go off from here, every other country would release theirs. This isn't a comic book. There are no superman or green lantern's.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
However, I don't think that aliens would really be too upset if we were to kill each other... I can't see too much on this planet worth saving anymore. They'd probably consider it our fate and a necessary cleansing of the evil on this planet, and maybe help reseed life after a time passed and the earth was made habitable again.

I postulated this as well, And i did like your answer or thought's if you will?

But i have also thought we must have "some" worth i mean now humans realise species are disappearing they/us want to save them even for no other reason than to save them?

And that is the mind of us so surely more advanced being's would think more advanced than us?

But what would they think? Save them?

Has anything like this happened before, i mean obviously the dinosaurs but they as far as our limited knowledge of them is they weren't intelligent? Compared to us?

Peace out

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Even if ET stopped the nukes from going off there would still be a world war and they would keep trying to fire off nukes until they finally work. Once the decision is made to launch nuclear weapons whatever started it all has reached the point of no return. The conflict has escalated by that time to such a point that TPTB are willing to basically blow up the world to settle their beef and they're not going to give it up just because the nukes aren't firing!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Maybe the dinosaurs got wiped as the plan didn't go to plan?

There was no intelligent life in that generation?

Or maybe there was and they wiped the dinosaur part of Earth history and still live in the universe, Here even but we don't see them as they are millions of year's scientifically more advanced as we only been doing it a few hundred years and already we have tech to wipe the Earth!

Mad i think and also mad that these kind's of conversation's don't happen in teenage or under classroom's?

That could give us a lot more gifted people, But probably a lot more nutcase's too??

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
well, the U.S. just carried out a successful test of its ballistic missile interceptor a day or so ago in Hawaii. its said to be the only system that can destroy an ICBM in whichever stage its in..whether in the atmosphere or its last stage. so, we might be able to stop it

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
well, the U.S. just carried out a successful test of its ballistic missile interceptor a day or so ago in Hawaii. its said to be the only system that can destroy an ICBM in whichever stage its in..whether in the atmosphere or its last stage. so, we might be able to stop it

Nice one so at least the U.S will be okay

Nice reply too as i not been researching or on ATS for ages so didn't know about that test!!

Isn't it also a belief/phallacy that what we are shown the black project's are at least 5-7 generations ahead of that we are shown?

Peace out

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If its set up possible good way for disclosure.

If not set up and they acted out of some good reason with humans in mind and not like (allowing the cows to poision themselves leaves no beef then ) that is even greater as it says they are trying to show LOVE...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I understand the logic but then again i dont understand it. If "ET" was out there and he could magically stop nuclear weapons from being fired or detonated, then why didnt he/she/it just have stopped the first nuclear test? Like it just "fizzled" and so did subsequent tests...then mankind would have given up. Dont see why "ET" would have to step in at the last second.

Originally posted by watsgoingon?
As the title says "If there where a World War" then obviously nuclear powers would be involved, But if the actual nuclear missile's and whatnot was to be fired and going off on a tangent, The E.T presence where to stop all nuclear silo's and all nuclear weaponry from being fired, Then what would really happen to the way people actually thought about the universe.

And would there still be a war but just not a human ending in 5mins war as it had been "prevented" by the E.T's.

That is obviously hard for some people to comprehend but how would it change people in general if it where undeniable anymore that we have had a "presence" for a long time?

Peace out

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
there are far too many incidents, one recently, of beams of light being broadcast into missile silos. I believe the latest one was to warn yet again, of the interventionist policies of the ET's should nuclear war be contemplated.. It could be stopped, but if it was allowed to start, I believe it would wear itself out in a few days. The idea of MAD is fantasy. I also wonder of the example of Fukishima is being used to warn us of the human costs of war?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

there is an awful lot of truth in this. My own belief so far is the PTB are awaiting some extremely catastrophic earth changes and a war will be either a distraction to hide the massive earth changes from a cowering population or it may also be to mark the vantage points for th elite, to filter out those they want out of the way. marking the boundaries so to speak

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

one or two thoughts here, why are thye still using ICBM's?????
it is understood they have Tesla shields, as the Russians have demonstrated according t the work of Tom beardon. also they can neutralise's missiles using scaler interferometry. I forget the details, but it is possible to use carrier waver t carry a charge from an accelerator, which will be amplified I believe until it reaches its target again Tom beardons. work.. so many ways. So why use ICBM's? the only answer I can think is to hide these technologies from the public and the greater part of the military. Rockets of any sort have been outdated for many decades I believe.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
No, It could not be stopped. That's the whole point of the nuclear threat. If one was launched, they all would be launched. There is only one way to stop a nuclear missile in air and it has a kill switch done through a broadcasted encrypted key. Now there is a problem with that and it is due to some areas on earth are dead when it comes to the airspace with signals. So, it is still possible that the missile would continue on, the other misfire wold be sue to a software or hardware glitch on the receiver.

Bottom line of all 10k warhead go off from here, every other country would release theirs. This isn't a comic book. There are no superman or green lantern's.

You can shoot a nuke down mate, UK has just built Type 45 destroyers which can shoot down any ballistic missile with a range of 3000km. The Ruskies and the Yanks have a "sheild" which if anyone fires a nuke at them the nukes will be shot down by an anti missile system.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

Lots of 'ifs ' in this but the bottom line is fairly simple. IF humanity were to engage in a large scale war involving nuclear weapons and IF it were stopped by some force other than of human origin, we immediately become subservient to that alien party.

In short; humanity failed and was rescued by aliens so we are therefore theirs to tend like sheep or cattle or slaves or kneeling, bowing worshipers.

If you think you want to be saved, think again. If our species cannot succeed on its own, then we may as well go down in a blaze of glory because to be saved is to then become a second-class, trailer-park race.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Nuclear weapons of war will cause great harm

top topics

join