It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did a 33ft whale end up in the middle of a field in East Yorkshire?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by snowen20

Off topic are you a soldier?

Back on topic. Its a shame for these animals,. Has the increase in the reverse of the north and south poles have anything to do with more occurance's of animals beaching and dying? There is reports of seals dying as well.

Not anymore, although my mentality says otherwise. Once a soldier always one IMO.

ON TOPIC....

Whales are cool!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Druid42

How did a 33ft whale end up in the middle of a field in East Yorkshire?

A young whale died after an exceptionally high equinox tide carried it 800 yards from the shoreline to a salt marsh where it then became stranded.

An exceptionally high equinox tide maybe?

That is the MSM explanation.

If you research back, the tide was not high at the time. (Disclaimer: I didn't research back.) A high tide equates to millions of gallons on water, spread over a diffuse surface. It was alive, and I can't believe a whale would WANT to commit suicide. Then again, I'm not a whale expert.

I am going to research what Sei Whales eat, and see if the MSM link holds weight. They say it was looking for food.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

They say it was looking for food.

I could imagine how their diets have been effected its like super greasy radioactive food. I would look elsewhere also

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I could imagine how their diets have been effected its like super greasy radioactive food. I would look elsewhere also

To me that's certainly the most rational explanation for regular beachings.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So you are saying that whales are now dining at McDonalds?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

NO, we put oil on the veggies in the sea they grow with oil then we put radioactive material ontop of the veggies in the sea, the krill and other small aquatics feed off these veggies and become oily radio as well. Larger animals feed on smaller aquatics not to mention larger fish eaters. LIke the shrimp humans eat from gulf and radio pacific. So the whales and other sea life can smell and taste the difference in their food ingested and seek cleaner food and take life risk to do so.

edit on 10/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i think the bp well was sabotage by the current potus and his cronies so that he could push the green initiative.

whats the big deal here? whales get washed up all the time and other marine life

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But 800 ft inland swamp/marsh water ways acknowledged?

link   

NO, we put oil on the veggies in the sea they grow with oil then we put radioactive material ontop of the veggies in the sea, the krill and other small aquatics feed off these veggies and become oily radio as well. Larger animals feed on smaller aquatics not to mention larger fish eaters. LIke the shrimp humans eat from gulf and radio pacific. So the whales and other sea life can smell and taste the difference in their food ingested and seek cleaner food and take life risk to do so.

I know buddy I read what you had said previously I was just making light of the situation

link   

I got you my friend

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
here is a pic of a small marsh just forming. imagin this spread out over 8 mile newsimg.bbc.co.uk...
they really are dangeros places from a sea creatures view its like a huge maze i don`t think this is anything but a sad natural thing that happens
edit on 7/10/11 by Aceofclubs because: i just like this tiny writing

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i think the bp well was sabotage by the current potus and his cronies so that he could push the green initiative.

whats the big deal here? whales get washed up all the time and other marine life

All the time? Care to share a link on the frequency of whale beachings, or is that mere speculation on your behalf? Please provide a link with your statements.

How many rare Sei Whale beachings can you link to?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

alot of craziness happens at the hands of mother nature explain it however you want

but to me this is no more surprising that fish falling out of the skies.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I understand

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
here is a pic of a small marsh just forming. imagin this spread out over 8 mile newsimg.bbc.co.uk...
they really are dangeros places from a sea creatures view its like a huge maze i don`t think this is anything but a sad natural thing that happens

So you will chalk it up to a young stupid whale, with no instincts to survive, swimming inland through narrow salty marsh passages, during a high tide?

This whale was found 800 yards inland, in a field, not in a salt marsh.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Whales are beaching themselves. WHY? This is a rare whale found 8 football fields inland. Did it REALLY flow in with the tide? Tides really aren't that high, are they?

Yes they are. See the next high tide:
www.humber.com...

29/10/2011
Low Water 1:50:00 1,8m
High Water 7:22:00 9,3m
Low Water 14:14:00 1,8m
High Water 19:42:00 9,2m

1.8m to 9.3m is 7.5 m, or 24.6 feet. The equinox tide would have been even higher.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This whale was found 800 yards inland, in a field, not in a salt marsh.

Your link says:

A young whale died after an exceptionally high equinox tide carried it 800 yards from the shoreline to a salt marsh where it then became stranded.

Your image shows the salt marsh partially submerged.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

This is exactly right. This was a Sei whale, which are small. They are only rare because men killed them by the hundreds of thousands. They are small therefore easier to catch. But, also small enough to swim way up into a salt marsh at high tide.

The thing that makes it unnatural, is that the whale would have to have been totally confused for some reason to swim up in there. And I would blame all the sonar in the area. With maybe a boost from all the oil and other toxins he was swimming in his whole life.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Someone either....

1. Dumped it there

2. Tornado...really no other explanations.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm going with

exceptionally high equinox tide

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join