It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** Member Guidelines For Spotting/Alerting T&C Infractions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
so your basically asking us to snitch?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I sure wish you'd posted this 6 years ago! Took me years to realize there was an "Alert" function, then a few more to realize I wouldn't be brutalized if I used it.

That said, Thanks for the OP!

Also, realize I've slipped a bit into "Mini Modding" - I'll stop that now.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If I could make a recommendation. There should be a window that opens during membership, like in the chat room, with at least the most important T&C for new members.

The people that I have invited to come here love it, but I find that I have to make sure that they read all the T&C's first. I realized that if I wasn't there they would not have read those first.

A site this large has got to be able to set the rules wayyyy before threads like these take over the boards, especially those that come from other sites that are less or not moderated at all.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes I agree, which is why new members must read the T&C and hit I accept before joining.

If they don't bother to read it, before hitting I accept, then we must assume they did not care for them.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Yes I agree, which is why new members must read the T&C and hit I accept before joining.

If they don't bother to read it, before hitting I accept, then we must assume they did not care for them.

You have to admit that almost no one reads the T&C of anything anymore. I dont think that they dont care, but this site be one of the most original out there, people just assume that its like every other, which again is their assumption.

I have been over the T&C myself, and it is lengthy, and many were written years ago.

This of course is not an excuse, but its hard to think that there is a conspiracy website out there like this, until you actually have to learn the hard way.

Also I have noticed that those policing other threads, are by fairly newer members, who may have read about the rules, but didn't read far enough to know that mods, and the alert button are the enforcers of the rules.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Fair enough, but even with that pop up, if they aren't inclined to read it, they wont' anyway.

That's why we encourage maknig a thread in the introductions forum, where most moderators including myself will post a list of important links. We also have the Freshman's forum and any number of threads for new members to get started.

One of the problems is the vast enormity of this place, it's hard to make something that will focus our attention on new members without creating a whole seperate section of site.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I just wanted to give this thread a bump.
Why?
I'm sick of the mini mods. I'm also tired of the faulty search function.
How am I remedying this?
I will never author another thread. Some may be pleased to hear this, but it really reflects on ATS.

95% of the time I do use the search function to see if a topic is already being discussed. I honestly don't want to step on someone's toes, but when the search function doesn't work as it should, the thread authors get slammed by mini mods or yelled at by mods to "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!"

I'll still comment on threads and throw out stars and flags to those who deserve them, but that's it. If ATS survives on user generated content, they need to start cracking down on the things that are causing members to stop contributing "new" material or even leave altogether.

Nobody deserves to be bashed/reprimanded by another member. It is also extremely poor conduct to tell a member that they should leave for a while.

So, that's about it. To those who have enjoyed my contributions, thank you. I've enjoyed discussing the topics and I will continue to do so, but just not as frequently. I will always be happy that I met some great and wonderful minds on ATS. It just sucks that a few members (and the faulty search function) are successfully squashing one's desire to participate.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
...you mean I'm not a MOD.....

I'll admit, it took me a few months to figure out the alert functions on and within a thread...this is a good reminder for all....

Des

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I admit, mini-modding is a major pet peeve of mine...

And just as you have said, it DOES put them at risk of receiving an OFF-Topic from staff.

I have seen people use the excuse before " I've seen other people do it, so I think it was okay".

Well, it is not okay to make an OFF-TOPIC post ever.

Please my fellow members, for the sake of ATS and setting a good example, use that alert button, it is their for a reason. The mods are here for a reason. Bring any potential T&C violations to them and let them handle it.

Be the positive example. Mini-modding comes off as rude and very unwelcoming. Please everyone keep that in mind.

Peace and love.

GST

edit on 21-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
so your basically asking us to snitch?

No, what is being asked is that we follow the rules. ( This has always been asked of members...It is something we all agreed to upon joining...You didn't have to click accept on the terms and conditions of joining this site)

Posting an OFF-TOPIC post saying " There is already another thread" is just that...OFF-TOPIC; And you are risking getting actioned against ,yourself.

What is being asked is what has always been asked. We have mods here for a reason. Great ones at that....If you see a T&C violation...You are not allowed to take the T&C into your own hands and do some mini-modding.

All that does is throw threads off track and put yourself at risk for T&C violations...Not worth it.

The alert button is there as always. Use it...Of course...I suppose you can try to go mini mod if you want...But you will be breaking rules in doing so and wont last all that long.

edit on 21-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I bumped this thread because lately I have seen an increase in members crying foul, when we remove their posts, complaining that we haven't removed the posts of the person who caused them to post T&C infractions.

Nobody makes you post anything. Nobody makes you click post, after having written up something with a clear T&C infraction in it.

Secondly, I always ask, well did you alert the offending post?

9/10 times the answer is no.

So this is just a reminder to USE the alert feature so that we can help you.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by tothetenthpower

Mobile users dont have this feature, but that may be a good thing since there has been an increase in annoyances
if we did have this feature I promise to use it when appropriate, it is going on 3 years this december since theres been an upgrade to the mobile site after all. (hint hint)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheDrama

You gotta love that the last post in this thread was the one above...

Sheer entertainment.
edit on 11/19/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
PERPLEXED

At least I searched before starting a needless thread being selfish and impatient

I have realized somethine, and THANK YOU BTW whomever it is. that just deletes the reference to an illegal substance instead of killing my post.. Truly that is a thanks.. much prefer that over a complete loss of posted material.

-----> But. I post the 3 letter abbreviation that the substance is known by and get this '___'

I am truly confused right now. There is an illicit substance the I mention at times as being a conspiracy. No not that one(green).. oops almost typed that one too..lol

The 3 letter one that was originally an attempted truth serum. by a 3 letter agency (oh the irony, lol)

I can fully understand the site posture regarding illicit substances and not allowing the free for all of a virtual Haight/Ashbury circa 1969.

However, imho the introduction of this substance in the counter culture post JFK murder is something I feel should be discussed as it is a theory of conspiracy

How can one mention something taboo without coming off like, oops almost did it again ..Jon Stewart's character in Halfbaked the movie.

I mean, a judge doesn't condone dope, but they use the word dope when discussing it against an accused inmate.

What I need is a little help on how to discuss a conspiracy that is related to JFK without violating anything?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Selecting this feature will auto-generate a thread in a staff only forum, visible to all staff. It also includes a link to the post or thread in question.

That's good to know. I didn't know each alert creates a thread in itself.

That certainly explains the reason for, but not the answer to, my question:

What is the time allowance between alerts?

A few times I've wanted to alert on a couple of things in a thread, but I'm unable because "I recently used the alert function." Just wondering what that time is..

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Wow then you must be a habitual snitch

edit on 20-7-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join