It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops Beat Wall Street Protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is despicable, innocent people and even journalists are being ATTACKED by the NYPD. See the video for yourself. I can tell you one thing, this stuff would not fly in Texas. Cops would get seriously hurt. These cops wildly swinging their batons and wildly spraying their mace are the ones inciting violence. NYPD, calm down and cut this mess out before someone gets killed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What do you want us to say? We have the right to assemble, that doesn't mean there aren't other rules we still have to follow. This is supposed to be the tea party of the left, except the tea party doesn't get violent.....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
One of these times, the mob is going to get fed up with being beaten and maced and they will just fall on those cops. When that happens the whole game is going to change.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I've been saying it for a couple years now and I will continue to say it loud and clear.

I WOULD HATE TO BE A COP RIGHT NOW!

If you are a cop I would seriously suggest doing a little soul searching a decide whose side you are really on because soon it will be too late to choose.
Once the door closes it is getting locked and then.......your ass belongs to the pissed off American citizens you have been abusing.
There is NO SUCH THING as "One of the good ones" any more.
You WILL NOT be given a free pass.
You WILL be held accountable for your actions.
You represent our oppressors and you will be held to the same accountability as they are.

Get right with God and choose wisely.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
What do you want us to say? We have the right to assemble, that doesn't mean there aren't other rules we still have to follow. This is supposed to be the tea party of the left, except the tea party doesn't get violent.....

Ohh GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!
Has this already turned into a partisan debate?????
Let me guess, you are a Republican?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Do the police have the right to beat random innocents? The tea party was not beaten like this, they had side arm protection.

link   
Thread Deceased before it started.
edit on 7-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

link   
It doesn't matter how hard you beat them, you can't beat an education into someone.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I'm a republican and I find the actions of the police disgusting.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
At the very beginning of the clip you can see that the protesters and journalist had pushed across the barricades. The cops did what was needed to take back the ground that had been previously blocked off. At the end of the clip you can clearly see where the perimeter was before the protesters broke it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

If that happened in the UK, the protestors would have retaliated by now. I understand they want the support from the Police over there. Until Companies such as JP Morgan stops bribing them, the attacks will continue. The NYPD are not doing themselves any favours.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The protesters provoked this.
Obviously. At the end of the video,
The guy said thanks to the cops for *attending*
there show to attract media attention.

If you want to attract media attention by getting beat with
a knight stick and provoking cops, I think you are part of the problem..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

So your telling me every beating that has been handed out by the NYPD is the protestors faults? Come on get a grip.
Did you not see the clip where the NYPD officers states his little friend is going to get used that same night? Reffering to his baton?
edit on 7-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

That is because in the U.K not every cop carries a gun haha.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Are you telling me that excessive force is justified? There is clearly excessive force being used in this video. Circumstances do not justify breaking the law.
edit on 7-10-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Yea cause he probably predicted how unruly these protesters would be. Look if a cop can control an area by telling someone to move than other means of persuasion are needed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasLiberty

Guns or no guns we would still have retaliated,

Or did you not see the riots in England?

So yanno your laughing is meaningless.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

So your telling me every beating that has been handed out by the NYPD is the protestors faults? Come on get a grip.
Did you not see the clip where the NYPD officers states his little friend is going to get used that same night? Reffering to his baton?

I am pointing out what the guy said at the end of THIS VIDEO!!

He told the cops thank you for attending the show they created for media attention!!

They are trying to get media attention by purposely breaking barriers, and provoking the cops.
THAT is NOT WHAT OWS is about..

You keep on encouraging this kind of stuff and see how it goes...

The cops will WIN trust me...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Shame the British police didn't do this in the riots!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasLiberty

Take your head out of your butt for one moment please. He was boasting about beating up protestors that night, he was premeditating violence towards them there is a difference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join