It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESP and UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I saw a UFO a few years ago. It was in daylight on a clear day and it seemed to be shaped like a shiny upside down bucket. It was small and far away and it just moved in a straight line slowly. It reminded me of a 1950s flying saucer movie. I watched it for several minutes and I went to get my Nikon, because I wanted to see it through the zoom lens. I got the camera and sat it nearby and kept watching the UFO. Then as soon as I took the camera out of the bag and came back the UFO was no longer there. It was less than 10 seconds.

I had a funny feeling that the UFO was aware of me watching it and maybe was appearing in that form because that's what I thought a UFO should look like. It's like it was putting on a show for me or something.

Has anybody else felt that way about UFOs?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

That's a common delusion reported on ATS that people think UFOs are watching them.

The reason I say delusion is there is nothing in your story to suggest there's any truth to your feeling it was watching you.

An upside-down bucket, moving slowly in a straight line sounds pretty boring, if that's what you think UFOs should look like. I think UFOs should look more exciting, like these Hollywood images on the right:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8686ff2c2a4f.jpg[/atsimg]

Some people have really boring ideas of what UFOs should look like, for example those images on the left. A bucket shape might be slightly better but it still doesn't sound so interesting.

So if a UFO ever shows me what I think a UFO should look like, it better be an 8 kilometer-wide mothership that casts a shadow over 80% of the city like in the above picture, I'd be horribly disappointed if all I got was a bucket moving slowly in a straight line!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I had a meditative telepathic experience a couple of years or so ago (it was a fun experiment I tried that had some fantastic results). I wasn't afraid until near the end when there was some distinct and very real physical effects. Through the next few weeks my wife and I kept experiencing high-strangeness/paranormal activity around the house, including weird random vibrations in different parts of our bodies at different times whether at home or at work.

I told my wife about my experience a few days after it had happened. Out of curiosity my wife and I both tried some experiments on our own at different times "projecting" our thoughts into the night sky asking if they were up there and if they could perceive our thoughts would they give us a sign of their presence. It's embarassing to admit and it does sound kind of goofy, but we did it and I'm glad we did. A few seconds after I had tried it on my own I had a strong feeling/thought to look up at a particular part of the sky and a glowing ball lit up in the distance and crossed the sky slower than a meteor but faster than a plane and it left a bright white trail. It crossed the sky and then blinked out. My wife tried this a week later, after I'd told her what I did, and she tried it on her own and had the same thing happen to her. It freaked her out quite a bit.

A few weeks later on the 4th of July around 10:50PM after everyone on my block had gone inside for the night, I walked up on my porch to a place where I could see strait up into the night sky and a huge purplish glowing self illuminated flying "V" flew directly over my head and out into the distance... 2nd personal confirmation.

We've both continued to see ships and "orbs" over the next couple of years doing some interesting stuff, but it has died down lately. I haven't seen or experienced anything for several months now.

The short answer to your question, in my opinion and experience, is yes. I think it can and does happen... ESP and UFOs

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Flux8, my own theory is that people create UFOs, poltergeists, etc. from their subconscious mind. From the experience you describe, doesn't it seem more reasonable that you created the UFOs psychically? Anyway, that is my theory about UFO, poltergeists, angels, demons, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Actually, that's a common theory in paranormal studies, that paranormal phenomena is a creation of the subconscious which could move beyond personal perception to actually manifest in physical reality. Shamans say that basically one needs to trick their subconscious, impress their ku, stimulate their spirit, etc to achieve this. I believe Dr. Carl Jung was one of the main progenitors of this idea through his theory of the collective unconscious.

... But as interesting as such explanations may be, it must be remembered that Jung himself was not a materialist, but a mystic. He dabbled in astrology, Kabbalah, alchemy, and so on, seeing each as exhibiting clues to some greater, spiritually based, reality. Furthermore, he used the theory of the collective unconscious not only to explain cross-cultural similarities in mythology and psychological functioning, but as already noted, to explain so-called psychic phenomenon like precognition, telepathy, and synchronicity. All were, to Jung, manifestations of the collective unconscious -- that is, of our unseen linkage, one soul to another, and of our linkage to a higher order of intelligence.

www.nndb.com...

But, is it more reasonable that these paranormal experiences are just shared manifestions of the collective unconscious, or that there may be real things outside of normal every day experience that occur? It's really hard to say because it is outside of the norm. If I were to use this rationale, then I would have to question everything around me, including whether or not I'm actually typing on this thing I call a "keyboard", and looking at this thing I call a "monitor", and communicating with another group of intelligent "beings" on a thing I call a "forum". You could have a philosophical field day with that one.

I wouldn't doubt that things such as telepathy, precognition, etc. are manifestations of the subconscious, or rather are accessed through our subconscious (I have reason to believe this) as a kind of shared canvas or virtual reality on which we use our symbol sets and "arch types" to communicate with. I think this is the concept of telepathy in general.

I could be satisfied to leave it at that, but I was actually shown some things that I can look in to to verify that the communication and various sightings were not just figments of some kind of shared imagination. And I'm doing just that. They gave me something to work with and I'm following their leads. I'll see where it takes me.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There are a couple of UFO pics floating around the internet that were taken in Scotland near a reservoir in the 90s. If I'm remembering this correctly the witness had his camera at the ready and was about to take a pic when he found he just couldn't do it. A few seconds later he got some mental message that it was OKAY NOW, and he snapped away. I think might be one of the pics, I'm not 100% sure.

I spoke to some abductees once who explained that as a huge flying triangle came towards their car one of the kids in the back started crying with terror and, as if the "craft" knew it, it backed off straight away.

new topics

top topics

join