It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: Occupy Wall Street

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
glad someone made one of these had some nice questions. I just hope they listen to us and do what they need to make the public happy. This better not turn violent because i wouldn't be surprized if they try to make a example out of the ones that do then they will turn on the movement nation wide and try and track anyone that (liked) the movement. Violence should only be used if its a rebelion and this is not its a wakeup call for the politicans and corpoorations

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Where's the checkmark for George Soros is sitting in his high leatherback chair stroking his cat with an evil grin?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thank you for the survey.

I expect the results to heavily favor the protesters....look forward to the results.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Why im sure this covers both protesters and non protesters and police and anyone else who could be in the area, simply put violence is wrong and no excuses on both partys and I strongly agree punish those who harm others badge or not.

I aslo think the officers who make arrests ofnon violent people and protesters should be punished after the movement. I also stronly agree equality, peace and honesty is what the people want so give it to us and stop being creedy 1% ill link you to one of my first posts read it im being honest from the heart.

you may not read its ok but you may find we are quite alike.

MY VIEWS PLEASE READ

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Greetings casual viewers and members,

....at this point i would like it made apparent to everyone that one should take carefull consideration and contemplate the time scale involved regarding these events that spilled over from Europe to within the U.S. and within 2012 will have the same or similiar news and reactions from within the Asian continent.

Thank you for reading.

How quickly people forget about the Wisconsin protests, which were 1,000 times larger and also had widespread support.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
YES!!

Finally!

Going to take it right now

One of the last questions

"I believe that, if violence is to occur, that those responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and that they should expect such prosecution as a necessary outcome."

I dont really know how to answer this, because laws are put in place by the very people who are being protested against...and the punishment lessened for those who enfoce the laws, compared to the "peons/people"... And I think that is also a major issue at play here, certain groups of people being "more equal" than others...

Its pretty obvious the cops are allowed to swing away with clubs, let their sprays go, while the people have to just sit there and absorb the hits , and even get arrested after being beaten... For just doing something our constitution should protect us against
edit on 7-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

You are right but we have to remain vigilant, peaceful, anonymous and smart. I actually don't think this is the best way to protest! Here is something i wrote from another thread but it applies here and pretty much everywhere!

Relax people because as long as we make the public aware of these actions by DHS (police) we will gain public support for the coming revolution. All they are trying to do is cause those of us that are here speaking out against them to be afraid of free speech. We must remain vigilent against oppression! I really don't expect any of this to happen. This is just fear mongering and TPTB know it. Remain calm, don't be afraid to speak out against the lies and remain peaceful at all cost. I believe their next step will be to frame those they deem to be the leaders of the dissent so make sure to video tape anything you do if you are a leader of resistance. Also try not to stand out, spread the knowladge and pass the bull horn around. This movement must remain anonymous and all must participate. Right now the prisons are overflowing but i'm sure they will make exceptions for those they deem to be enemies of the state! So in order for this movement to work we must all market ourselves as enemies of the state of fascism and even then expect many threats. The only peaceful card the elitist have left is the card of FEAR! This will be a long and hard fight but we will prevail. We must make them fear our resolve through cooperative resistance. We must bring truth where there are lies. Light where there is darkness. Selflessness where there is selfishness. Masses of median and low income cooperative voices where there is a small group of rich, powerful and silent puppeteers. Wall street can not be our only target because there are many tools at this groups disposal and we must target each one starting with the easiest ones to tear down and those are the ones that lie the most! Our voices are not our only tools either, we must realize our vote is important as well and I don't mean that meaningless vote we cast in november! I mean the one you cast any time you purchase something, when you watch the TV or anytime you support their system! I say their system because they control it and we are just consumers in it! most of our power can be through taking away theirs and that can only be done by us spending less, knowing more and talking out against any injustice, lies or bullying no matter who is perpetuating it because our decisions to act rightously effect those around us! We are the only hope to save ourselves no matter what you believe will happen in say 2012 or any other date or supposed event! We must prevail to peaceful action or we will fail to prevail at all!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The squeals of the corporate whores are music to the ears. Makes me think OWS just might work.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
whoa whoa whoa is the picture on the site owners avatar the site owner himself? Cause if so he looks a LOT like the bad guy from the movie Gamer...which i want to watch now. jus sayin

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I finally even joined facebook other day to post my Occupy Wall Street posters and am 100% for peaceful protests and think it is about darn time.

Good job ATS

edit on 8-10-2011 by rbrtj because: added photo

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think I'll skip this one as its impossible to answer honestly.

There are so many diverse reasons people are protesting and its so disorganized that you would have to poll with a separate set of questions for each reason people are protesting. Not to mention those who are just there because they think its cool or good entertainment, combined with those who are just there trying to get on camera for attention.

Now that Soros, MoveOn and all the other groups he funds and controls, combined with the Unions getting in on it, its such a muddled mess its meaningless.

Also now that the Democrats have claimed it as their own it belongs to them. It's just more Partisan crap by the people who caused the problems. After all the whole housing crisis was pretty much caused by the Dodd / Frank team who forced the Banks to make the loans. Where are the people protesting the people who have claimed this over the last few days
Next thing that will happen is Obama will try and use it to help him win, then it will be a real piece of crap and the protestors will be his flunkies as many of them are now.

Anyone else see the irony in how its going? Protesting the people who are funding it and controlling it?

I find it terribly interesting that those who claim to hate the rich and powerful are in the hip pocket of George Soros. Liars all!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

As a child of the 60's who is still around and mostly free, I totally agree with your post.
This why I'm so against facial recognition and am very happy we did not have it before.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
Rbrtj

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm curious; how do you feel about those who attend these protests for the express purpose of causing trouble, engaging in violence and who cause the problems? Don't you see them as phonies?

I participated in the Vietnam War protests myself. We simply wanted a world without war and for everyone to learn to get along with each other and be tolerant of one another.

Then along came the Anarchists (kids mostly who's only goal was violence and looking for opportunities to engage in looting and vandalism) and worst of all people like the "Weather Underground". These creeps were as fake as the day is long. They immediately attempt to take over and clearly do not believe in things like peace and love. They just want power over others and to be able to do what they want no matter who they hurt.

These people who do things like inciting the Police to violence so they can make their fake videos and get on the Internet are part of the problem, not the solution. Is it not up to the peaceful, honest protestors to police their own protests? Right now the world is seeing these people on the News and it rightly makes them disgusted at the whole thing. It drowns out any valid messages.

Now the Democrats are attempting to take over and good old George Soros and the organizations he funds are taking over as well. Since Soros IS what these protestors claim to hate, it strikes me as proof that many are fakes simply by the fact they take his money and support.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've felt since Bush stole the election in 2000 that this whole "fascist putsch" we are enduring would end in violence -- I don't see any way around it.

Sure, in India, the British embraced Ghandi and in the USA many embraced Martin Luther King's message -- but the people who DON'T have compassion and have the real power and money, don't really care or embrace "passive" messages without the threat of being torn to shreds by half a billion Indians or the Black Panthers.

I think that history has focused so much on the "peaceful protesting" and enduring police violence -- because that was the "alternative." Maybe it was even a mistake.

>> If the Prescott Bush family and the Banksters had actually been punished for their treasons -- then they wouldn't be around to be the kingmakers and force us to go through this again -- nothing was SOLVED by MLK in the big picture - slavery and abuse of the poor just got outsourced. A sweat shop in Honduras costs less to maintain than a plantation.

The Federal Reserve and our banking system, creates built in rewards for people who do nothing but hold the reigns of power. Their ability to "make money" should mean that it's impossible for them ever to fail -- it's not like they have to bet on some new technology to convert sunlight, or produce a product. They take a deposit, and print ten and multiply their interest -- then the borrowers even have to take out insurance so that they get the property and the "at risk money" -- which is essentially 1/10th the sticker price at most.

All these people who are NOT rich -- have to feel like Losers in our culture. People of integrity have to beg for charity. We even have fundraisers for returning vets so that their kids can ride bicycles or go to the doctor -- how screwed up is that when the wars only profited the 1% group in the first place.

>> Actually - it's more like 2,000 well connected people. For every dozen of these parasites, you might have one or two Steve Jobs to justify their existence -- but people of character and vision are the exception, not the rule.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391
whoa whoa whoa is the picture on the site owners avatar the site owner himself? Cause if so he looks a LOT like the bad guy from the movie Gamer...which i want to watch now. jus sayin

That's dexter,dude.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'm curious; how do you feel about those who attend these protests for the express purpose of causing trouble, engaging in violence and who cause the problems? Don't you see them as phonies?

Look -- whether or NOT these protests get violent -- if they have any effect, there WILL be violence. It is always this way -- and the establishment ALWAYS points out the looting.

The rioting never happens when people are heard and have a voice in the first place. When people have nothing to lose -- then the threat of violence and imprisonment is no longer a threat. Living with your family in a tent is about as much punishment as a man can take.

I don't care if there are people who get violent -- I expect it. If it isn't some "wanna-bes" then it's going to be hired provocateurs from Chase Bank. It ALWAYS happens this way -- and everyone always acts surprised.

>> All of a sudden, the press will be like; "Oh my God -- where did all this anger in America come from?" Maybe it was 30 years of phony news as the press ignored the establishment parasites who bought their commercials. Maybe it's because only the most hopelessly clueless boot lickers end up reporting the news.

And "The Weatherman" group was NOT a bunch of pretenders. Do you think that the Vietnam war stopped because a bunch of Generals, War Contractors, and corporations that wanted the cheap resources all of a sudden got a conscience and said; "Wow, sending 50,000 Americans to die might have been a bad decision..."?
The Weatherman blew up empty buildings -- but they started to EFFECT THE POCKET BOOKS.

>> It's cold hard cash where their hearts should be -- but the problem is; the 1960's didn't push the fascists out of power, nor really change the establishment -- it just forced them to change tactics. So they bought the newspapers and media, and started teaching the kids like they should be worshipping CEOs. The Supply-side economics that gets drilled into MBAs and the Libertarian think tanks are just as much a part of this system as Evangelical Churches and two million people in prison.

In my lifetime -- we have never NOT been at war except for a brief period when Jimmy Carter was President. We've grown up thinking that conflict in the third world was just a reality of the human condition -- rather than a manufactured opportunity for profit.

>> The Fascists have really pushed it this time -- and I'm not going to settle for an apology. I want the Cat defanged and declawed and if possible, living out it's miserable life in cage fed only TOFU. It's pretty disgusting to hear people say that it's time to "make nice" before the enemy has ceased fire -- it ANYONE is pretending to "get what the '60s was about" -- it's people who think that The Man was influenced by peaceful protest. The '60s were good for the Peace and Love movement -- but it did NOT transform the people who turned around and brought us Nixon, then Reagan and then every sock puppet that came after.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Everything you've posted was partisan talking points.

... I have no idea if MoveOn or Soros are involved in the OWS movement or not -- they are certainly not the founders of it. Whether these are good or bad groups -- has no bearing. In ANY big movement -- there are going to be politically astute people like Glenn Beck or Al Sharpton who jump in the parade, wave a baton, and pretend to be leading it. That's politics. If they were backing the groups from the beginning -- that would be different. But for all the things Glenn Beck has accused Soros of doing -- he's a lot richer and busier than the Koch brothers or God put together.

>> And to point to Union involvement as if it's ALWAYS proof of some crooked conspiracy is nonsense. No institution of that size has 0% corruption -- so stop using this TALKING POINT when we have no major Bank that hasn't laundered money. The Equivalence of corruption between what we KNOW the banks did, to any group protesting them is ridiculous. It's like we can't arrest the Mob Boss because the police officer once had a parking ticket. Some Union guy gets a few bucks more an hour and MAYBE a pension benefit -- and that is somehow equivalent to a CEO who had to sacrifice his Million-dollar a day Cut. We ONLY ever hear about that one Union guy who slacked off. But that Union guy has a family, kids going to school and buys products at stores and restaurants -- he is part of the economy, unlike the Parasite who can buy the media and live in Morocco.

Union support of campaigns is about 1/20th of all the Corporate support -- is it REASONABLE that every working man's institution just roll over and play dead? If the Unions dropped out of the OWS or politics would the Churches and Big Oil, Big Banking, Big War suddenly gain a conscience?

If you want 100% purity and fairness from the other side, before the Robber Barons make nice -- good luck with that. But it seems you expect more integrity from the OWS movement than from the people who you inadvertently defend by criticizing such peccadillos.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the survey... however, I wish I could have had some better questions.. such as:
1. Are the "wall st protests" cast in a better light in mainstream media than "tea party protests". (Yes)

2. Do you believe the protesters, who are using foreign made products. i.e. ipads, laptops, and most (if not all), cellphones, are hypocrites? (yes)

3. Do the protesters, who despise capitalism, and then promote democratic assemblies make their arguments null and void by their actions? (yes)

Common, let's be frank for a minute. If the changes these protesters are fighting? for are enacted, they would not have the right to do what they are doing now. They would not have lasted this long if not for generators that have allowed them to "stay connected" to the world by products that are made by non-union workers who make less than $1 a day, and endure living conditions that our homeless would shun. And let's face it, these protesters have shown more hate for people who are just doing their jobs, than the tea party has shown. (it was ok to compare bush to hitler, but not obama? really? what happened to freedom of speech and individual opinions?)

Now, let me tell you about me, conservative union man who believes my government does not lie to me, it just has never told me the truth.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Do you agree with the Government going after those whom fund terrorists?
Why don't we just go after the terrorists alone and not the funders?

The reason is simple, as long as the propaganda and funding exists, they can always find another sap to do their bidding.

The same reasoning exists with the government and Wall Street.
As long as the source of funds and bribes from the big Wall Street Banks exists, then nothing will ever change, because they will always be able to find their YES men to do their bidding to throw at us to choose from.

Wall Street is exactly where we need to be so that more people will be waking up to the crimes and corruption that has been taking place there for so many years now. It has not mattered one iota if it was a repub or democrat to them, because they fund both sides to do their bidding.

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Resonant

governments to blame then why protest wall street? pretty simple

take the tpm they werent happy they werent a bunch of happy campers but what did they do?

they took it to the people and exercised their power by their vote the way it was meant to be and what happened was a change in congress a change in other elections and stopped the democratic party cold in its tracks.

and they are still around and what exaclty has ows done but get arrested?

this is a constitutional republic the system is setup to exact change bunch of "rebels without a cause or a clue"

will not accomplish anything whatsoever.
edit on 7-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

There are so many diverse reasons people are protesting and its so disorganized that you would have to poll with a separate set of questions for each reason people are protesting. Not to mention those who are just there because they think its cool or good entertainment, combined with those who are just there trying to get on camera for attention.

Don't forget the biggest draw so far -- a crowd of 10,000 who came to hear a free Radiohead concert. The concert never happened, and the 10K left.

Now that Soros, MoveOn and all the other groups he funds and controls, combined with the Unions getting in on it, its such a muddled mess its meaningless.

Also now that the Democrats have claimed it as their own it belongs to them. It's just more Partisan crap by the people who caused the problems. After all the whole housing crisis was pretty much caused by the Dodd / Frank team who forced the Banks to make the loans. Where are the people protesting the people who have claimed this over the last few days Next thing that will happen is Obama will try and use it to help him win, then it will be a real piece of crap and the protestors will be his flunkies as many of them are now.

I'm telling you, I've said all along that this is Obama's version of a Tea Party Movement. He's sliding backward so rapidly in the polls that he needs something to help him pull in the votes in 2012.

Anyone else see the irony in how its going? Protesting the people who are funding it and controlling it?

I find it terribly interesting that those who claim to hate the rich and powerful are in the hip pocket of George Soros. Liars all!

...as they chat on their iPhones while munching a Big Mac in their LL Bean sleeping bags and tents...!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

If you want 100% purity and fairness from the other side, before the Robber Barons make nice -- good luck with that. But it seems you expect more integrity from the OWS movement than from the people who you inadvertently defend by criticizing such peccadillos.

We expect integrity from those claiming to be fighting for... integrity. If they can't even uphold their own alleged ideals amongst themselves, what can the rest of us reasonably expect at their hands?

It appears they just want to replace one set of corrupt master with... another set of corrupt masters. where is the net gain there?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join