It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by DieBravely
For all the supposed charity work that people like Bill Gates or Oprah do, if they ACTUALLY cared about doing something, they could literally take Ethiopia from a third world nation to a first world nation in a SINGLE DAY.
What you are saying is RIGHT ON THE MONEY so to speak, emphasis on money.
They seem to be doing good, donating so much money, but when you have THAT MUCH MONEY, it's really only a pittance, and it's done, just as you say, for public relations reasons.
Your post is excellent, sir or madam.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (B&MGF or the Gates Foundation) is the largest transparently operated private foundation in the world, founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. It is "driven by the interests and passions of the Gates family". The primary aims of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology. The foundation, based in Seattle, Washington, is controlled by its three trustees: Bill Gates, Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett. Other principal officers include Co-Chair William H. Gates, Sr. and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Raikes. It had an endowment of US$33.5 billion as of December 31, 2009. The scale of the foundation and the way it seeks to apply business techniques to giving makes it one of the leaders in the philanthrocapitalism revolution in global philanthropy, though the foundation itself notes that the philanthropic role has limitations. In 2007, its founders were ranked as the second most generous philanthropists in America. In 2010, its founders had started The Commission on Education of Health Professionals for the 21st Century titled as "Transforming education to strengthen health systems in an interdependent world".
Thus, the charity, the classical charity of Bill Gates and other billionaires. These charities are all frauds, yes that’s right, frauds, pure frauds. 96% of all donations stay within the organization, in the form of corporate research and administrative costs. The other 4% is sprinkled ever so slowly on the heads of the poor. But, Bill Gates would have saved much more than that 4% in tax write offs.