It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Afternoon ATS.. Your Mission? NotAWalkInThePark but far from impossible!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I did edit this thread before posting with the intention of shortening a massive wall of text.. I know.. didn't go too well..
I post this in the rant forum because although this rings true to me, it is still a rant. I probably won't make too much sense and I am emotional at the time of writing this. Even so, there may be something you can take away from this thread so like I said, please bear with me as I try to portray a methodology that could potentially help save not only our freedom but also the souls of many of our brothers and sisters who are not yet awake. I use the term 'Souls' loosely and more in referral to our conscious state, us as a person and as a collective.

Like me I am sure you have a thirst for waking people up, a thirst for spreading the truth and a thirst for true global freedom. Not this fabled 'New World Order' spin off of freedom which stinks to high heaven of conspiracy and malpractice (IMO).

Like me I am sure you have tried to explain the central banking concept to many family members and friends and like me I am sure you have hit a lot of brick walls whilst trying to explain how economic and political tyranny is imposed. People just don't want or don't know how to think for themselves any more. I know that personally I have been hoping for an 'Easy one-liner', if there exists such a thing, that could potentially get your friends and family spontaneously interested in researching current economic/political/military events without relying solely on the MSM for information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I was trying to explain to one of my friends' friends how corporations, in essence, control governments and then it hit me! Sometimes smaller and simpler is more effective so I tried a different tact.

Instead of just spouting the technicalities and as much 'Proof' as I could remember I gave this guy a chance to think for himself instead of me just spouting what would appear as mad ramblings to him. Below is a pretty much word for word paraphrase of what I said.. Imagine you are him. You can see that this crazy guy (me) is passionate about what he is preaching but you can't grasp the concept enough to interest you to research into it yourself..

Me: Ok, ok. So lets put it this way. Do you believe that your government has the final say on the political/economic events in your country?
Guy: Errrr yeah of course. That is what the government is for.

Me: Ok. So do you believe that your government will fight for your rights, even if against a corporation?
Guy: Well yeah I guess.

Me: Then how comes.. whilst the majority of the world is already up crap creek or steadily going that way, the elite are doing better than ever?
Guy: How do you mean?..

Me: Well the majority of the worlds wealth is held by a very small minority. Mega corporations and bankers call out for less and less tax whilst they accumulate more and more wealth which they couldn't possibly spend in a lifetime.. In the meantime WE, the people that the government are supposed to serve, are having to suffer with more and more cuts to public spending in all vital aspects of our community. WE the common man child and women are walking through the valley of the shadow of death whilst the corporate heads and elite bankers are richer than ever. Why should WE the big majority of people in the world suffer more than the elite who seem quite happy to burn money just for the sake of burning money? Instead of fixing our broken nation, our broken world? Why should our children's futures be potentially sacrificed?
Because they see themselves as better than us AND they see themselves as ABOVE the government and law.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish you could have seen the cogs whirring in his brain after this rant! literally whirring! I could see that magical first spark in his eyes, that spark which led me to research topics more and gain a lot of the knowledge and wisdom I hold dear today. Do you remember that initial spark? Now is an important time folks we need to continue waking people the hell up!

Society needs an educational foot up its arse and we here at ATS can do our part. But in REAL LIFE not just on a forum. Make a change at home, in your society. But make sure you remember that it is vital when waking up a sheep to let the sheep wake up on its own.. otherwise it is still asleep.
Deny Ignorance
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's good you try and engage people in reality. I find it so sad that so many people are duped and too lazy to get to grips with the big picture.

Well, we are more the norm than we used to be. I am sure that the tide of reality sweeping through peoples' minds is set to continue. A more conscious populace is a healthy thing indeed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That's great!
I,too have tried with no such luck.
Everyone I know are too brainwashed to see through the fog.

So,I have come to the conclusion that when tshf,I'm prepared.
I have been accumulating a varied degree of books,supplies and know how.

I will be KING!!!!!

Followed by evil laughter.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
.Well, we are more the norm than we used to be. I am sure that the tide of reality sweeping through peoples' minds is set to continue. A more conscious populace is a healthy thing indeed.

To a certain extent I would agree! There are definitely revolutionary movements happening I am just scared that these movements will be quashed violently before the majority of the population have had a chance to catch up and get in the know.

That is where we at ATS come in. We should take it as our individual responsibility and as a whole to wake up as many people as possible. It is counter-productive to not do so. Then bitching about the same stuff you did nothing about is even more counter-productive as then all you have done is add negativity to the situation!

Make positive actions that effects others and help them to help themselves. Everyone has a different 'Wave length' you just have to find out how each person works so you can give people a friendly 'Leg up' on their quest for knowledge and the truth.

Even if you only give 1 person that glimmer in their eyes which then turns a page in their life then you have done your part. As long as you try.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I, like you, spend all the time I have trying to wake people up to the truth. Like you, I have run into many a brick wall and it can be very frustrating. However, overall I think it's worth it. The people I have reached have been changed for life and that means I have already succeeded. Nobody can take that away from me, and as I continue to fight this fight for the hearts and minds of the common man, I can only claim more victory and teach more people to look a little deeper.

Thank you for what you are doing. If we all make it our responsibility to educate as many people as possible, we can only continue to improve our stations in life.

I find the best way to help people understand is to break down whatever they already believe into sizable chunks of truth that they can digest. Some people can't be reached but many naturally take over the cause of learning when their curiosity is peaked.

All you really need to do is raise awareness, teach people the wool has been pulled over their eyes, and show them how to do their own research. With google and the current age of the internet, it's easier than ever; nobody needs to drag their lazy ass down to the library and try to remember how the dewey decimal system works.

For me, the first spark was realizing something was terribly wrong with the contrails in the sky.... I realized we were being crop-dusted, and I didn't know why. When I did a little research online I found COUNTLESS articles and discussions about it, photographic evidence, insider information, etc. and my world has never been the same since. That changed me from a person who believed everything I was told by the government or the news to a person who began to question it and realize just how faulty a system built on lies and BS can be. I learned to see the cracks in their facade and exploit it to find something close to the truth. The second spark was the movie Zeitgeist. While I later found out much if not most of the information in the first part was untrue, much of the second and third acts were right on the money, so to speak, and it led me to realize that not only was I being lied to, but that conspiracies and control schemes were deep and vast, and over time I came to learn that practically everything is manipulated in some way for public consumption.

This is a great time to teach people. A great time to show people the truth.

Keep working hard and we can change the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
On a more serious note,I have been spreading the word at my local Occupy,and getting great feedback.
So there is hope for us all.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
That's great!
I,too have tried with no such luck.
Everyone I know are too brainwashed to see through the fog.

So,I have come to the conclusion that when tshf,I'm prepared.
I have been accumulating a varied degree of books,supplies and know how.

I will be KING!!!!!

Followed by evil laughter.

We're trying desperately to get RID of kings.

Redouble your efforts and try again. Those stubborn few are not the majority. Most are just stuck in their ways and feel safe in their beliefs. Show they they are not safe and they will naturally want to learn more to protect themselves.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Read my post above yours.
I was only injecting a little humor.
I have been reaching certain people,but my family thinks I'm a loon.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Thanks for replying! I love seeing other people fighting this important battle. It brings genuine joy to my heart! I too have awoken quite a few people but have had trouble with the other 99% that I have spoken to. As you have said they need to see that the wool has been pulled over their eyes in order to spark their own curiosity and personal pursuit of knowledge.

Then one day they will open someone elses eyes and so on. It is a chain reaction that everyone here on ATS can be a part of. We enjoy discussing conspiracy theories on a forum but when it comes to actually educating the people who most need it, a lot of us are too worried about social anxieties.

This is exactly how the elite want us. Scared to speak out. We mustn't let them have this hold on us otherwise we are still falling prey to the bane of ignorance fueled tyranny.

Starred. Good luck with your journey my friend.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Apathy - "lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal, indifference, lack of emotion..."

Too many people are in a state of (apathy)......answers like....."I guess so"....etc shows that.

However...I think we are in a time that whether people want to wake up or not....regarding who really runs this country....and controls (we the people)....they are going to wake up!

The occupy protests....I believe are waking people up.....maybe that is the most positive thing that will happen because of the protests...it is a start to real awareness for many.

Ron Paul.....is major...in waking people up......

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Ron Paul.....is major...in waking people up......

Which is why I worry for his life..
I remember what happened to the other few 'Peoples presidents' who wanted to abolish the fed.

top topics

join