It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood movies are not real.....right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just recently finished watching David Icke ('
') and Micheal Tsarion ('
') videos and am deeply disturbed about something that both of these grown men do often in their videos. That is they frequently reference hollywood movies and talk about them as if they are either cluing us into what is "really" going on in the world (They Live, Manchurian Candidate, stargate(lol) and others) or are made by freemasons/illuminati to condition us. I am a fan of these movies. However I did not forget what I was told when I was five years old and afraid of nightmare on elm street...It's just a MOVIE, IT IS NOT REAL!!! What the hell guys? I understand that sometimes art can imitate life and that the social commentary in They Live is spot on in many respects( I do believe in entities outside of the range of human sight that feed on our emotions) but I do not think that having clips of movies in your documentaries and claiming any reality or that they are some how made by people that are tipping off the populace to things that are going on, is helping anybody. On the contrary it seems very schizophrenic and makes people think less of what you are trying to say. I mean you are already talking about shape shifting lizard people, you do not need to bring up science FICTION MOVIES to help prove your claim...just walk a lizard man out in front of the crowd you are selling your B.S. to....that would clear things up a bit...but make sure they are in the range of visible light so we can see them....So what do you all think, are holly wood movies, or at least some of them, telling it like IT IS???? I need to know, I don't know what to believe is real anymore

edit on 7-10-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by nitro67 because: trying to figure out smilies...f-n reality...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
lol

well there ya go i guess. this should be stickied.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Even if they are there is no way to prove it. Its entirely theory/opinion/conjecture. Furthermore most Hollywood movies are written by normal people, who just want to tell a story. Hollywood might change some of the script, but usually the idea is kept in tact. If any of us decided to write a movie about aliens invading earth, does that mean its the Illuminati? Many of us write this kind of stuff as kids.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As so elegantly put in this movie ,what is "real"? How do you define real?

Truths are often hidden in plain sight..
edit on 7/10/2011 by Mystic Technician because: Edit to fix

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
These 2 men, who each have given 20+ years of their lives doing research by meeting people and seeing places from all over the world.... and they think Hollywood may be in on some things, that may be real?

Well, I'm sure you know more than they do after watching a couple of their videos.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I am not saying that I know more than them just after watching their videos. Not at all. I just find that they both use hollywood movies frequently as a source to back up their claims and that is a little silly.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

They don't use them as a factual source, they use them as metaphors to better articulate what they are trying to explain. They also tie big names in Hollywood into the Freemasons and other select elite groups who know what's going on behind closed doors.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree with you. Yes I feel the movies we watch are indicative of our world. Not all but some. “They Live” is a good example. “Knowing” with Nick Cage is another. It actually shows the Gulf oil spill a year before the event. Many movies show the WTC getting destroyed and many show references to 911 such as TV shows, Art and Movies. The Elite talk to each other through Movies, TV and Art. They control the market and the normal Guys that the OP mentioned are not normal at all. They are filthy rich, in the "Club" type people who make movies to provoke thinking and program the viewers. A lot of Children's films are nothing but mind control. A friend’s son wanted to watch Wall E and I was surprised that people just watch it without thinking about what they are trying to put into our kids minds. Wall E shows humans so fat that they are worthless while Robots do everything. Another is A Bugs life where the ants are the slaves to the grasshoppers who are the Elite. Another is the Terminator movies. Show AI running the world.

The movie makers do not do anything without being told what to create. Star Wars is very deep as well. It starts off Peaceful then Evil takes control and in the third original film, peace prevails. There are a ton of movies with occult meanings. People with eyes to see, will. Others will just make fun of anyone who looks into Movies, Art, or TELE VISION Programming. That stands for programming your mind through our vision. They do a great job at it.

Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hollywood movies ARE real. They are real, carefully constructed propaganda. Propaganda so subtle, you can look right at it and not realise it is propaganda. ALL of them.

EVERY Hollyweird movie is meant to either hint at things that ARE real, so that everyone thinks they CAN'T be real, that's just in the movies; or to induce your mindset a certain way, regular propaganda. Such as how the bad guys used to always be Russians, now they are always Muslims. Duh. That's old skool propaganda. The subtle kind is showing things like They Live, or hoverboards and space travel and rayguns etc. This sets your mind to think that anything like that is bs cause it's in the movies.

And it gets much more subtle than that. I could go on and on, but my flying saucer is double parked.

edit on 7-10-2011 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What can I say OP. Look at my Signature.

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have worked in the film industry for over 25 years. I have also worked for both major and indie studios.

I have been involved in everything from book adaptations to screenwriting to production and editorial and marketing.

Most times it works like this. Someone comes in with a cool idea like, what if this guy could see the future or had some premonition and the they go off and read all about weird stuff and conspiracy theories etc. When the script is done someone says "you need to make it weirder or scarier" and then everyone throws in some weird crap that they've heard.

It basically just turns in to the sum of all fears so it's no wonder some of it comes true. It's basically script writing done by web bot.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

+1. Spot on. I remember the first time I had a screenplay optioned. From the first draft, came the second with a stack of suggested revisions. Then another stack of revisions. Then, after a few months of rewrites, the damn thing didn't even get made.

Many of the films you see are usually fairly different than the original spec script that spawned it. Like the script for "Jason X" written by Todd Farmer. The initial script was amazing. But far too costly for a $10 million budget. So it too was rewritten several times before becoming the so-so film that was released.

Do films have intended messages? Of course. Just like books do.

But Hollywood is all about making money. Not preparing you for the future.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What a delightful new concept to discuss on ATS.
S+F

new topics

top topics

join