It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxoplasmosis Hoarding of animals (My Idea)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tobree

I'm to say i'm not infected. I am a nursing student and believe me, I'm exposed to everything! I practice aseptic and clean techniques constantly both in the hospital and at home.I get tested periodically. I KNOW what bacteria, parasites, and viruses do to people because I see it and deal with it first hand. I also had a 96 final average in microbiology, so I am familiar with parasitic biology. The reason bacteria, parasites and viruses effect animals and people in such an adverse way is because of how they affect the central nervous system, not because they are gaining control on an intelligence level. If they were capable of that they would have taken over this planet millions of years ago!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

As i said in my introduction thread i've discussed it with friends before
and you're acting like ATS is the only forum on the internet i'm a member of loads of forums and staying on topic in forums is common sense have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That's an interesting concept for sure. Definitely sounds pretty advanced in that it changes your thoughts into owning more cats. That is, assuming that theory were correct however.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Quick question then how come the rabies virus causes hydrophobic ( fear of water ) that changes a mind set so why not toxoplasmosis

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tobree

Well since you asked.....

The rabies virus affects the central nervous system and impairs cranial nerves throughout the brain...the respiratory center in the medulla (located in the brain stem) will cause a protective reflex for the respiratory system that results in difficulty swallowing and excess drooling and saliva with decreased muscular weakness....STIMULI resulting from the taste, thought or smell of water causes the hydrophobic response with increases in drooling that can be uncontrollable. This is the same stimuli mechanisms that make the stomach growl and mouth water when food smells stimulate the appetite and why leftovers do nothing for us. I'm telling you, your theory is an interesting concept but is not realistic, the central nervous system is affected by parasites and react with adverse conditions but parasites themselves have no CNS, no intelligence except for a genetic instinct for survival and NO POSSIBLE way to take control of the behavior of a human being. They are too primitive!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

GET ON TOPIC

We're not discussing each other or who is or isn't a banned member.

Your post will be removed and you may be post banned.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think you would all find it enlightening to find and read a first-year university level textbook on parasitology...... It will make your hairs really stand up straight when you understand how many parasites manipulate their hosts. If you are even more adventurous, find a book called "The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature" by Matt Ridley.... makes for some very educational and thoughtful reading

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think to be classified as an authentic hoarder of cats you have to be negligent of their care in some form or other.

Overcrowding for starters. Not spaying or neutering. No space to play or exercise. No access to fresh air or sunlight. Not keeping their shots up to date. Poor diet and health care. And then there's the unprecedented filth factor... not only in their litter box(s)... but their entire environment.
edit on 8-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>