It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
Im a near expert in herbal medicines and living off the land.
I also went to culinary school and am an expert in nutriton.

That guard is screwed up if he doesn't take me in.

Im also only 18 in full physical condition.
I'm sorry but, at 18 you aren't an expert in anything. If I were at the gates, I wouldn't turn you away immediately though.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

Good point!!
Years back I was told by more than just 1 pretty girl I was hot too.
See where I'm going with this...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
oh I was also thinking, instead of turning people away, you should make a gladiator arena, and make those who don't have skill, fight in the arena for the right to be soldiers for the compound...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I highly recommend that we look for a location similar to the "Bohemian Grove".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

Originally posted by snowen20

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by DCPatriot

No ego. I believe the compound to be an easy target for aerial or space strikes. I believe the compound to be a harbinger of bacteria and virus. I believe the compound to be rampant with political strife and competing interests. I believe the compound to be a target of wandering souls and marauding groups of bandits.

Alone, I can survive, hide, choose my battles, and if I need something from within the compound, I can trade for it. I just don't want to be living in a bulls-eye apparent from an aerial view or well worn trails.

My sentiments exactly.
People will be drawn to this place like moths to a flame.
Hungry, pissed, and grizzled folks from all over are going to get word of this place and before long they are going to swarm it.

When that happens, no amount of guns and ammo will save the inner inhabitants from the wrath of the denied.
They will poor in and take everything, then fight among themselves at the paltry amount that was there to begin with. It will be hell.
edit on 7-10-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)
Not with the right combination of ninja-like residents that can kill silently without firearms, and EXPLOSIVES for when the hoards of undesirables come charging.

Hypothetical***

Community population = 324
Of that 324 only 288 are full grown capable adults.
Out of that 288 41 are Ninja assassins, Navy seals, Green Berets, Delta etc..

Horde population that has been growing for the last 9 months = 3980
Of that 3980,....3980 are hungry as hell and have nothing to lose.

Community 0 - horde 3000
House loses....

edit on 7-10-2011 by snowen20 because: have been up too long and I can no longer spell...........

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Keyboard commando's the lot of you. How about a little perspective and real insight into a "real" SHTF scenario? IMO, anything short of some global catastrophic event, this is the more likely turn of events.

Read on...Thoughts on Urban Survival

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

Originally posted by spw184
Im a near expert in herbal medicines and living off the land.
I also went to culinary school and am an expert in nutriton.

That guard is screwed up if he doesn't take me in.

Im also only 18 in full physical condition.
I'm sorry but, at 18 you aren't an expert in anything. If I were at the gates, I wouldn't turn you away immediately though.

Give me an illness, I can solve it with an herbal medicine and I know more than all of you on the topic most likely.

(Dont give me somthing like cancer or AIDS >
)

so maybe im not an EXPERT, but i would be most useful.
edit on 7-10-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Nope I will die. But at least I tried. Pretty sure you'd die too in the initial attack or the fallout because I'm SURE you wouldn't stray too far from where you know essentials would be located.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Lets just take the bohemian grove. Saves us the trouble of carving a huge ass owl to burn child effigies to.
Plus they have a restaurant.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Lets just take the bohemian grove. Saves us the trouble of carving a huge ass owl to burn child effigies to.
Plus they have a restaurant.

And those fat rich people are nice and tender.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Consider a site like Tulum - if it was good enough for the Mayans...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
Keyboard commando's the lot of you. How about a little perspective and real insight into a "real" SHTF scenario? IMO, anything short of some global catastrophic event, this is the more likely turn of events.

Read on...Thoughts on Urban Survival

Keyboard commandos without insight???

How about people who are just enjoying the obvious absurdity of this whole situation?

Sorry, but your post came off as mildly obnoxious and youtubish as well.

I think most people here know that the things they write about are spoken in game only and not to be played out in reality.

edit on 7-10-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

LOL! Yep, the initial attack is just pure luck. After that though, a small mobile group stands a much lower chance of being spotted by an organized army of invaders (human or alien) and also stands a lower chance of contracting a communicable disease.

It is all the follow-up attacks that I am hoping to avoid by staying out of the compound, and although I might be within trading distance, it would still be at least a day or so walk. I won't get caught up in the inner turmoil of ruling the colony or any collateral damage from an organized attack.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by havenvideo

LOL! Yep, the initial attack is just pure luck. After that though, a small mobile group stands a much lower chance of being spotted by an organized army of invaders (human or alien) and also stands a lower chance of contracting a communicable disease.

It is all the follow-up attacks that I am hoping to avoid by staying out of the compound, and although I might be within trading distance, it would still be at least a day or so walk. I won't get caught up in the inner turmoil of ruling the colony or any collateral damage from an organized attack.

After the initial attack, only the ones with survival skills are going to live very long.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I can take down a helicopter with a glass of water,12v car battery and a logging chain.
I have honed my skills as a hunter and trapper and fisherman.
I can make drinking water from any source.
I have mechanical tunneling skills.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Bad idea! Imagine how many people will want to go in that place after TSHTF. We need a lesser known similar area.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is a fun thread, gets you thinking.
I'm learning a lot about fellow members at the same time.

Me?:
I can show you every wild edible plant and how to process it safely.
I know how to use dozens of wild medicinal plants.
I have 40 years experience with hunting, firearms and man tracking.
I have all my own gear.
I brought my own woman (who has many skills of her own/microbiologist/dietician)

Did I mention I have a large cache of heirloom fruit and vegetable seeds?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Bad idea! Imagine how many people will want to go in that place after TSHTF. We need a lesser known similar area.

Wait,....Why are we going there again?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

To hide, because it's nice, take your pick. It would also be very easy to construct makeshift shelter in such as area.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Why is every sucker trying to get in?

A self sustained self governed community will be a red hot target if this was indeed WW3. Furthermore inside that community there must be at least one individual that will dictate how much I get to eat and I don't know if those walls will be used to keep me in.

So no thanks, I'll just establish a true free market system outside your gates with all the other people you turned around.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join